It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abbas: Suicide bomb era may be over

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas said in an interview aired on Sunday that the era of suicide bombings may be over.

"We have started to deal with the culture of violence," he said. "We stopped the culture of violence and the Palestinian people have started looking at it as something that should be condemned and it should stop." Asked on ABC whether the suicide bombing era had ended, he said: "I believe it is over."

www.jpost.com.../JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1117333099940&p=1101615860782

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Well, yeah... as I said in a post a few days ago, it's about time the Palestinian people show the terrorist groups they've had enough.

Abbas is doing a great job of negotiating and getting people to the table. Money is flowing in from the US and other sources. Things are going well towards the establishment of a state in the near future.

Yet for a while it seemed like every time progress was made, one group or another would do their best to derail it. Abbas and the Palestinian people he represents have been sending a clear message to these people to cut it out because all they end up doing is delaying the Palestinian people's goals.

It's about time, good job by Abbas and his citizens. They deserve a homeland not a battleground, and with the end of suicide bombings it'll come faster and faster.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Great post. I agree with you 100%. I believe thay can live in peace. nothing could have ever been taken care of the right way with Arafat in power. Abbas sounds like a good leader for the Palastiniens.

join