It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lie of Evolution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
You also have to consider the question "Is Christianity right?" What about the other religions that do not agree with Christianity? The beliefs of the Greeks, Romans, Mayans, Aztec, Native American, native people of Australia are wrong in your opinion? You can say that evolution is wrong but when you say that Christianity is the only right choice then you screw your self over. Consider other religions.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Damn it, when will Bush/god make it illegal to be smart so we can just round up all the democrats/smart people/scientists/anyone who uses their brain for more then a paperweight and gas them?

I swear, saying that facts and reality are better then my all mighty powerful invisable person that lives in the clouds and smacks you into hell for eating meat on the wrong day or walking backwards while whistling at the wrong time is stupid! KILL!!!!!!

Come on, what makes more sense, reality/facts or me killing anyone who doesn't agree with my viewpoints?

What makes more sense, reality/facts or a billion people worshipping a stain on a cheese sandwich or back of a billboard?

All this and more here.... www.evilbible.com

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
If evolution is a religion, is gravity a religion?

How about quantum physics?

No one actually sees anything at the quantum level with the naked eye, are you saying that is a reason to call something a religion?

ID and evolution are not incompatable.

ID and the scientific method however, are not compatible if the "creator" does not follow the physical rules of the universe.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Quick question there. On the 1st law, Energy cannot be created nor destroyed to put it simply I am not a scientist nor a mathemetician.
Then by the 2nd law, the one covering entropy, eventually, this energy and matter as well will be dispersed to the point where, everything will eventually reach absolute zero thus ending the ability of electrons, photons etc to operate any longer. Thus in the end, the 2nd law of thermodynamics will eventually negate the first law.
I am simplifying this I know and I also need to add that the universe is a closed system as far as we have been able to determine.
So, you have two laws of thermodynamics which basically negate the validity of each other.
Correct?

No, your are reading into it a bit too much, the laws cannot negate each other or they would no longer be accepted as law.
The dispursed energy does not just disapear, it is dipursed as heat, or light or some other form of kinetic energy, and converted back into potential energy, and the cycle begins anew. absolute zero has not been observed in labs let alone in nature. The law states that "in all energy exchanges, if no energy enters or leaves the system, the potential energy of the state will always be less than that of the initial state" energy is allways 'enering' systems, as heat, or food, or light, giving more potential to that system.

I think the question that has to be asked here is, would you belive a book writen by men at a time when they beilved that the world was the center of everthing, or a science that only belives what it can prove?

Organized religion is a control system, and a good way to make a buck. Only belive what you feel, and never give your money, because god does not need it.

[edit on 23-6-2005 by Halfofone]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Marg6043,
My personal belief is that they actually can and do work well with each other, if you can take the radicals from both sides out of the picture, Where as the theory of evolution explores the how, creationism explores the why.
This is true with any scientific area and it's ability to interact with religion.

I can agree with you in some degree, I have my own personal interpretation of the origins of the human race, but the problems is not making them agree with each other in a peaceful way but the mental block that always seems to overcome some people when they can not step away from religious set rules.

Analysis is not a very welcome part of the human experiences when it comes to religion.

It can scare the most religious believers a lot if they can come out with their own interpretations without the bible to re assure their faith.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join