It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must check out! Minuteman project!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

Pretty sure you said it was...

I think you're misunderstanding the debate, or misunderstanding your own position ulshadow..either one can be deadly to discernment.

Just out of curiosity UL, is English your first language? I'm not trying to be insulting, but I don't think your position is very stable if you yourself are an immigrant.

And all that beef about 'learn the damn language' I hear all the time..most Americans can't read, write, or speak the language well enough to hold a decent conversation. They ought to shut the hell up and work on their own skills before they start 'tutoring' the immigrant population in proper conduct.

[edit on 2-6-2005 by WyrdeOne]

ok maybe, i might misunderstoond my own answer... but i was confuse what you were talking about.

no, english is not my first language. chinese is my first language, born and raise in china but in the US now

"learn the damn language" ???
why you wonder most americans can't read, write etc. well

cause our edu. system is mess up but no one want to fix it cause it's a dirty job to do.

althought i support immigrant ... not ILLEGAL immigrant, most of them don't even like this country, they just want to mess it up more. for example, you see in the feedback, many said like they want to take back part of the US where they lose during the mexican-american war. lol like they can get it back. it's like saying US belong to britian now or something.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I think the minuteman project is a great thing while our government doesn't seem to care these people are trying to keep illegals for taking advantage of the rest of us. I myself don't like that I have to pay taxes for living here but someone who was not born here can get away with paying none. Thats what this is about for me not race I want all white illegals out just as bad

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kramthenothing
I think the minuteman project is a great thing while our government doesn't seem to care these people are trying to keep illegals for taking advantage of the rest of us. I myself don't like that I have to pay taxes for living here but someone who was not born here can get away with paying none. Thats what this is about for me not race I want all white illegals out just as bad

yea, this is one of the main reason i support the minuteman project is that ... why should we have to pay 10 billion dollars each year for the illegals to have free health care, edu. etc. many americans can't even get a health care!

[edit on 2-6-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

(AP) A controversial civilian patrol group that helped capture hundreds of illegal immigrants along the Mexico-Arizona border is warning that if the U.S. Border Patrol is not bolstered with National Guard or other military troops this summer, the patrol will deploy to California in August and Texas in October.
But although Minuteman organizers said nearly 1,000 volunteers from around the country were ready, Texas civil rights groups, clergy, newspaper editorial boards and politicians are wary.

"I think it's a problem all of Texas has with having vigilante groups from other parts of the country come to our state to try to tell us how to run our business," said Democratic state Sen. Juan "Chuy" Hinojosa, an author of a resolution that urged Gov. Rick Perry to oppose Minuteman plans.

Eleven senators signed it, and Democratic state Sen. Rodney Ellis wrote Perry that Minutemen "are not welcome in Texas." Perry responded that he cannot ban people from legal activity.

"He understands and appreciates the frustration that many Texans have with illegal immigration and its impact on national security, but ultimately this is a federal issue," Perry spokeswoman Kathy Walt said.

Yet the Texas border differs from the Arizona border in key ways.

Most of the Texas land is privately owned, so Minutemen would need landowners' permission to be there. The border also is overwhelmingly Hispanic and more urban, and Minutemen opponents wonder how the volunteers will distinguish illegal immigrants.

Opponents also fear the movement is fomenting racial hatred.

www.cbsnews.com...

Texan voters should pay attention & take note of representatives that look the other way when it comes to their security and the breaking of immigration laws. There may be some that harbor racist views behind their vigilance but racism is equally observed in the sympathizers stance, the difference being one supports violating the law, the other to uphold it.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Texan voters should pay attention & take note of representatives that look the other way when it comes to their security and the breaking of immigration laws. There may be some that harbor racist views behind their vigilance but racism is equally observed in the sympathizers stance, the difference being one supports violating the law, the other to uphold it.

I guess when comes to some of our leaders, corporate greed is more important than national security and american people.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join