It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush, at end of roll, denies abuses, claims america promotes "freedom"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Apples and Oranges deltaboy Apples and Oranges. Its like comparing south Africa to the soviet union and saying South Africa is the freest country in the world.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
deltaboy:

hmmm i wonder if yer mother felt like aborting u, if she felt like it, u be like yaaay mommy go abortion, u have the right to kill me because its the smell of freedom.

also u dont need to be white to be free, Colin Powell aint white but hes a politician, i wonder why America allow such abdomination, or Condi Rice i wonder why we let even a black female to do dat

Hey I know! Try to make sense!

If my mother felt like aborting me, it is her body, her womb, her 9 months, so if she wants to she can. It's HER body.

I suspect you're 12 years old.

jako

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
I suspect you're 12 years old.

jako

if u assume im 12 years old, then u got a problem
, start trying to insult me aint gonna make u feel that u are right or anithing, dis is a debate and it seems insulting me makes me wonder if u trying to change the subject.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by boogyman
Apples and Oranges deltaboy Apples and Oranges. Its like comparing south Africa to the soviet union and saying South Africa is the freest country in the world.

which country u would choose to live in, North Korea or US of A? i choose the US of A baby

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Aside from the fact that that rhethoric is age-old and comes from the long gone time where you were taught "USA Number 1" at kindergarten, North Korea would have evolved quite differently without an US-imposed embargo, keep that in mind.

Also, just look at "evil" Venezuela : Standard of life there is much higher than for many people in the USA. you think that "everyone wants to go to the USA" ? Not since Bush took office. Foreign students dropped around 40% since he took office.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moretti
Aside from the fact that that rhethoric is age-old and comes from the long gone time where you were taught "USA Number 1" at kindergarten, North Korea would have evolved quite differently without an US-imposed embargo, keep that in mind.

Also, just look at "evil" Venezuela : Standard of life there is much higher than for many people in the USA. you think that "everyone wants to go to the USA" ? Not since Bush took office. Foreign students dropped around 40% since he took office.

actually thanks to North Korea's invasion of South Korea over a half century ago, its North Korea's fault for where it is now in this situation, many North Koreans are fleeing to the nearest country which is China then to South Korea i wonder why
, in ani case wats this "evil" Venezuela thing, u calling Venezuela evil
? lots of people wants to go to US of A, maybe u should head the Mexican and US of A border and interview the immigrants heading up north, by the way bring some water to help those who are thirsty and are in danger of heat exhaustion wen they risk their lives to get to the US of A.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

It is politics. Find out why is it that AI is not bashing and blaming Kofi Annan for saying that genocide has not happened in Sudan, even after over 2.4 million peope have been killed since 1983 and it is still ongoing.

really thats a bit strange because he said it many times

news.bbc.co.uk...
Annan warns of Sudan catastrophe

www.chinadaily.com.cn...
Annan warns of Rwandan-style genocide in Sudan

www.johannhari.com...
secretary general Kofi Annan explained that "the risk of genocide is frighteningly real" in the Darfur province of Sudan

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
deltaboy: Don't be insulted that I think you may be 12 years old.

I base this on the fact that you apparently have no clue what punctuation is, or spellcheck, or actually trying to argue in a logical fashion.

I could have said I thought you may be 40 and have some sort of learning disability, but I wanted to err on the side of niceness.

jako

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
deltaboy: Don't be insulted that I think you may be 12 years old.

I base this on the fact that you apparently have no clue what punctuation is, or spellcheck, or actually trying to argue in a logical fashion.

I could have said I thought you may be 40 and have some sort of learning disability, but I wanted to err on the side of niceness.

jako

well if i like to do wat with what or dis with this then get use to that my style of typing, i dont like typing somthin long wen it sounds the same. unless u cant understand it then im very sorry.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

which country u would choose to live in, North Korea or US of A? i choose the US of A baby

Your not really making any sense here man.

Why would I want to live in North Korea of all places?
Now if you said pretty much anywhere in modern western europe then maybe we can talk but North Korea come on....

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Your not really making any sense here man.

Why would I want to live in North Korea of all places?
Now if you said pretty much anywhere in modern western europe then maybe we can talk but North Korea come on....

its a simple question my friend, which country would u like to live in? US of A which is democratic and very diverse, or North Korea which is lead by Kim who likes to put people who oppose to him in slave labor.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Obviously its a simple question....
I just don't understand the point of it.
Obviously I'd rather live in American than North Korea but I fail to see the relevance of the question in the greater discussion at large nor do I see how the question relates to the relative freedom of other countries in the developted world versus the relative freedom of America.

I have a question for you would you rather live in the Soviet Union or North Korea?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I have a question for you would you rather live in the Soviet Union or North Korea?

hmmm very difficult question......in ani case i take the Soviet Union. it depends on who is the lesser evil.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Do you see why your question is pointless now?
Almost any country is perferable to north korea.
I cant say now that because you said that youd rather live in the Soviet union that the USSR is the freest country in the world. Compare the freedoms of America to those of to a comparable first world country. You'll find that the US is equalled if not surpassed in certain freedoms.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

You'll find that the US is equalled if not surpassed in certain freedoms.

wat freedom is it that u want in America? the freedom to rape? the freedom to kill someone who opposes yer view or disagree yer view? the freedom to kill because he or she is different from u in color skin kinda like the KKK who wants the freedom to kill blacks but cant because the FBI be on to them instantly. wat type of freedom do u want?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I dunno, but seems to me 'freedom' is no longer what it use to be?

How can it? How can Americans be absolutely free or the same basic freedom rules as pre-Sept 11/2001?

In order to protect Americans it seems maybe more scrutinizing of people must occur in order to keep the Country safe from Bio/Nuclear attack?

Dallas

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Oh I don't know how about equal rights for all people regardless of race, religion, or sexual preference?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Oh I don't know how about equal rights for all people regardless of race, religion, or sexual preference?

ummm didnt that happened during the Civil Rights movement? i not white but im in college and seem to be doing fine, i dont see the CIA breathing over my shoulder and telling me i cant go to college.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Its sad how naive you are.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
More on topic though here's a link to Jakomo's thread about Amnesty international's reply to Bush's comments.Amnesty responds to Bush's comments

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join