It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran successfuly tests 2000-km range ballistic missile

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Here we go, now Iran has the missile to carry it's new nuclear weapon.

I guess we waited to long.

www.haaretzdaily.com...

31/05/2005

Iran successfuly tests 2000-km range ballistic missile

By Haaretz Service

Iran has tested a new missile using solid-fuel technology that matches the more than 2,000-kilometer range of its Shihab-3 rocket, Agence France Presse quoted the Islamic republic's defense minister as saying Tuesday.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
SIRR, you're all wrong!!!

That 2000km missile is going to carry love and cute little puppies Iran wants to share with its neighbors. Iran, the nation of peace that it is.

*sarcasm off*

Its happening people. Nuclear energy my patookis!!! Its all about the bomb people, lets wake up and deal with this while we still have a chance.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Its happening people. Nuclear energy my patookis!!! Its all about the bomb people, lets wake up and deal with this while we still have a chance.

They paraded a Shihab-3 not too long ago with a banner draped over it that said 'Death to America' and 'Isreal must be destroyed'.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It's obviously about the bomb... most Iranians and Chinese believe it is, but actually admiting to it on a political level means serious consequences... specifically from the U.N

The U.N has it's hands tied... it can't do anything without soild proof... so it's really down to individual countries to build a case while nuclear inspectors are denied.

Airstrikes will probably not be enough... yet a war would not be endorsed by anyone, especially with so many resources tied up in iraq and elsewhere.

It's a lose, lose situation... but on the plus side if Iran did gain the bomb it would not use it offensively, but as a threat if the U.S or anyone else dare challenge the rule of the Ayatolla and fundamentalists.

It's a way of staying in power... the same fear that drove the North Koreans to build the bomb as their country falls apart and they become more desperate.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
And? Why is it only me that's not worried about them having Nuclear Weapons? I live in London/around that area, I go to Israel once or twice a year and yet still I'm not worried. Iran only wants the weapon to become one of the big boys. Which is what happens once you have it.

Look at how Israel has held the agenda at every Middle East conference since they got a Nuclear Weapon? If both sides have weapons then no side has dominance over the other.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
odium, israel only has nukes because of countries like iran constantly threatening them, thats a bad and ignorant excuse for iran having nukes, and only a few nukes could destroy israel so yes one side would too dominate, iran will use them dont be a fool, they want to destroy israel, nothing more, you people are sickening, acting like sheep defending such hostile countries all the time not caring what they do, illogically not seeing the difference between crazy people with nukes and ones who are responsible with them, no wonder things are so bad, noone wants to take out such dictatorships, rather sit on their hands and let them fester and get stronger, all cowards leting this happen.

first your kind says were lying and iran/n. korea have no nukes then you say 'oh they should, they are victims, bla, bla, you must like to argue for the sake of arguing dont you all?

[edit on 31-5-2005 by namehere]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Isreal developed nuclear weapons illegally after signing an agreement. They than jailed the man who revealed the weapons program for years and still refuse him access to the media.
In this respect they are almost as bad as other authoritarian governments like Iran.

Isreal still denies it has nuclear weapons officially.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucretius
Isreal developed nuclear weapons illegally after signing an agreement. They than jailed the man who revealed the weapons program for years and still refuse him access to the media.
In this respect they are almost as bad as other authoritarian governments like Iran.

Isreal still denies it has nuclear weapons officially.

mini-nukes

Isreal is the only country besides NK in the Modern era that I see using them, of course Isreal will push all of thier connections to cover up their use and blame it on someone else, terrorists or the us.

I feel if it wasnt for the US money Isreal would have used nukes already.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Humm Iran has bomb and missile system to deliver them. Perhaps now the USA will put to rest these silly plans for invasion . Also there is now a nuclear armed country to counter israel nuclear ambitions. Good balance is returning to the force.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
well, i guess that means we should nuke em'.....

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
odium, israel only has nukes because of countries like iran constantly threatening them, thats a bad and ignorant excuse for iran having nukes, and only a few nukes could destroy israel so yes one side would too dominate, iran will use them dont be a fool, they want to destroy israel, nothing more, you people are sickening, acting like sheep defending such hostile countries all the time not caring what they do, illogically not seeing the difference between crazy people with nukes and ones who are responsible with them, no wonder things are so bad, noone wants to take out such dictatorships, rather sit on their hands and let them fester and get stronger, all cowards leting this happen.

first your kind says were lying and iran/n. korea have no nukes then you say 'oh they should, they are victims, bla, bla, you must like to argue for the sake of arguing dont you all?

[edit on 31-5-2005 by namehere]

"According to the UN resolution of November 29, 1947, Jerusalem was not to be included in the Jewish state, but was to come under international rule under UN auspices. The Irgun General Headquarters, which objected strongly to the internationalization of Jerusalem, decided that it would continue to exist there even after it had disarmed within the borders of the Jewish state. The role of the Irgun would be to fight any foreign force which ruled Jerusalem, and to take part in the defence of the Jewish community against Arab attack."

Funny last I checked the 1948-1949 Arab-Israeli War was legal under the U.N. Resolution of November the 29th 1947. Oh wait, yes as normal I am right.

Secondly; Israel has deported hundreds of Arabs, Muslim Nations deported no Jews. Iran's Vice President happens to be Jewish. There are less attack on Synagogues in Iran then there are in America.

Thirdly; Israel has policy's of segregation in Schools to Split Arabs and Jews up.

Fourth The Jewish State by Theodor Herzl let's have a look at a few quotes by the Modern Father of Zionism: (I love these)

“It is essential that the sufferings of Jews. . . become worse. . . this will assist in realization of our plans. . .I have an excellent idea. . . I shall induce anti-semites to liquidate Jewish wealth. . . The anti-semites will assist us thereby in that they will strengthen the persecution and oppression of Jews. The anti-semites shall be our best friends”. (From his Diary, Part I, pp. 16)

"So anti-Semitism, which is a deeply imbedded force in the subconscious mind of the masses, will not harm the Jews. I actually find it to be advantageous to building the Jewish character, education by the masses that will lead to assimilation. This education can only happen through suffering, and the Jews will adapt."

“We Jews are aliens… a foreign people in your midst and we… wish to stay that way. A Jew can never be a loyal German; whoever calls the foreign land his Fatherland is a traitor to the Jewish people“. (1921)

"The establishment of the historical Jewish state on a national and totalitarian basis and bound by a treaty with the German Reich would be in the interests of strengthening the future German position of power in the Near East ... The NMO in Palestine offers to take an active part in the war on Germany's side ... The cooperation of the Israeli freedom movement would also be in line with one of the recent speeches of the German Reich Chancellor, in which Herr Hitler stressed that any combination and any alliance would be entered into in order to isolate England and defeat it."

"If I knew it was possible to save all the children in Germany by taking them to England, and only half of the children by taking them to Eretz Israel, I would choose the second solution. For we must take into account not only the lives of these children but also the history of the people of Israel." - oh yes, he didn't mind a few Jews dying in WW2 if it got him his State in Israel.

Fifth: Orthodox Jews do not acknowledge the State of Israel:
"The Decree of Exile for the Jewish People is so serious that even if the Jewish People were to terminate the Exile from the Holy land ONE DAY before the willing of G-D, the entire People would be in great danger by virtue of having violated the prohibition of ending the Exile"

And yet they are allowed Nuclear Weapons, I can do better then that - so just try and defend Israel.

If Iran has Nuclear Weapons it will force Israel to listen and Iran would never use the weapon because it would kill too many Innocent people and also damage too many important Holy Sites. It'll just be used to shut Israel up.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Iran is different because they openly state they want an Islamic world at all costs, the leaders themselves call for the destruction of the US and the west almost daily it seems. Its also a fact that they support terrorists groups like Hamas and Hezbollah.

So, here is a nation that wants nukes so desperatly its silly, AND they want to rid the world of everything non Islamic.

Iran must not have nuclear weapons people. When was the last time you saw Israelis marching in the streets chanting "death to all non Jews!" and "Israel to dominate the world!". Nobody does that but Iran

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Iran is different because they openly state they want an Islamic world at all costs, the leaders themselves call for the destruction of the US and the west almost daily it seems. Its also a fact that they support terrorists groups like Hamas and Hezbollah.

So, here is a nation that wants nukes so desperatly its silly, AND they want to rid the world of everything non Islamic.

Iran must not have nuclear weapons people. When was the last time you saw Israelis marching in the streets chanting "death to all non Jews!" and "Israel to dominate the world!". Nobody does that but Iran

yeah but which is more worry some the protesters out in the streets or the feelings and plans behind closed doors?

Iran protests and Isreal plans.

Oh who is it what is building a wall and consentrating people into camps? Iran? nope. the Fascist Isreal State! What police state uses tanks and rockets to kill people? china? yes in 89 but isreal does it all the time. Isreal would be nothing without US help, as time goes on people around the world are realizing who the real enemy in the the middle east just happens to be.

Zionist are just nazis that fight for zionist (not jewish) power they have little difference between the two. the Nazi's killed jews but very few zoinists while the Zoinist try to whipe out the palistinines.

With Iran having the bomb and missile maybe Isreal will get off its mighty high horse and stop her nazi style actions. To think I once supported the Zionist state, geez.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
NamehereSkippyTJC et al,

Here is a question for you.

So Iran gets the nukes and wipes out all life in Israel, what happens next?

Well Iran cannot occupy the land without a serious logistical operation.

The US is likely to wipe Iran from the map.

The Middle East and wider world explodes in Islam v the West conflict.

So what is the motivation from an Iranian point of view?

See when you talk these things through you begin to realise that what you fear is a falsehood.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Mr. Hicks:

Iran will give terrorists nukes. Period.

Radical Islamic terrorists with Iran money and nukes will be the end of this world. They already have Iran’s money....Just one more step.

Fact: Iran supports terrorists and terrorism
Fact: Iran has openly stated its desire to destroy America and all things non Islamic
Fact: They have developed a 2000km missile
Fact: They are desperately enriching uranium
Fact: They have no direct need for nuclear energy, as they have some of the largest oil reserves in the world.

Add it up people. The moment Iran passes a nuke or one of the 2000km missiles to a terrorist, its the beginning of the end.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Fact: Iran supports terrorists and terrorism

Fact: The United stated is the biggest sponser of terrorist

Fact: Iran has openly stated its desire to destroy America and all things non Islamic

wasnt that if the US attacked them and whats with the they will destroy anything non islamic ( can u prove that with a credible link )

Fact: They have developed a 2000km missile

Fact: they havent used any missile on any other nation
and its good deturrent

Fact: They have no direct need for nuclear energy, as they have some of the largest oil reserves in the world.

Fact: their oil fields wont last for ever and using a new source of power would mean their oil would be around longer.

Add it up people. The moment Iran passes a nuke or one of the 2000km missiles to a terrorist, its the beginning of the end.

this is just bull s***t
why bring this up?
if Iran would gladly give nukes to terrorists they would have given the chemical weapons they already have

so using that excuse is just plain ridiculas

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Iran will give terrorists nukes. Period.

They didn't give chemical or biological weapons to terrorists and they did not use chemical or biological weapons on Israel so why are you so certain that they will distribute or use Nuclear weapons?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   

If they use less oil per-day, means they can sell more, meaning they make more money. Actually they have a reason to use Nuclear Energy.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Iran as a collective is like a child that wants something that they souldnt have. Like handing a mentally challenged child a gun. You just dont do it.

Iran wants nukes for weapons and nothing but weapons.

This thread is about Irans and its missiles, not about the USA. So responding with "Fact: The United stated is the biggest sponser of terrorist" has nothing to do with this post. And its opinion on your part as well.

The bottom line is Iran has an agenda of destruction. And this new missile will most certainly be the carrier for thier new nukes. ALLAH AKBAR !!!

I just hope you guys will have learned the truth before you and your families are obliterated by a nuclear device that came from Iran...

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

This thread is about Irans and its missiles, not about the USA. So responding with "Fact: The United stated is the biggest sponser of terrorist" has nothing to do with this post. And its opinion on your part as well.

well it is a fact

also i dont see u backing up your statements just adding more to make you look like that you know what your talking about.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join