It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giants were primary species and decendents of Annanaki?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
So new information just came about on Discovery Civiliztion within the last week or two. It stated that 16' giants were the primary species during the pre-flood era. This was due to very high atmospheric pressure since there was really nothing to break down our ozone. Then went on to relate these giants to the alien race(Annanaki) who came to earth and created them through apes and there own species, thus creating giants or in greek mythology the Titans, or in the biblical spectrum the Philistines....If someone has more information on the and perhaps some websites it would be great.
Thanks

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Are you sure that it was on Discovery?
I have searched all the various Discovery websites looking for information on this show and the only ones that I have been able to find that were even close were ones in regards to Giant Squids.
I have been unable to find any references to what you are asking about.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Giants were from fallen angles mating with human women. They are called the nephilium. They were around in the days of Noah and then after. It says in the bible they are to return in the end times.

www.nwcreation.net...
www.ldolphin.org...

There bones have been found all over the world and for some reason the government hides it. Most of the bones were thrown away. Some had two rows of teeth and they had six fingers and 6 toes.

www.omniology.com...
www.burlingtonnews.net...
home.earthlink.net...

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Granted MauiStacy there are many web links on the Ancient Giants etc.
What I am looking for is that the author has referered to something on the Discovery Civilization channel that seems to promote the authenticity of the "pre-flood" giants.
Unfortunately, most instances of where bones / fossils have been found have been pretty much debunked.
Also, there is little or no basis for the world-wide flood. There is evidence of localized flooding in various areas of the world which seems to have occured around the same time but world-wide, no evidence.
Of late the Discovery Channel as a whole have been promoting many ideas which most would find to be radical. Examples of which: Dragons, Alien World, etc. I would be very interested in what might (if any) Discovery's agenda is for showing all these controversial shows. Are they getting ready to release some real world shaking facts?

[edit on 31-5-2005 by kenshiro2012]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The bible has many references about giants in earth, but we have not found any prove of it yet but accounts in books.

The Book of Genesis (6: 4) narrates that in the antediluvial time “there were giants in the earth in those days.”A similar distinction is made in Deuteronomy (1: 28): “The people is greater and taller than we . . . and moreover we have seen the sons of the Anakim [giants] there.” they—a few families—lived in Hebron (Numbers 13: 22).At the time when the Israelites approached the fields of Bashan in the Transjordan, “only Og king of Bashan” remained of the remnant of the giants (Joshua 13:12 and Deut. 3:11)

The giants were the remnant of a race close to extinction. Og was “of the remnant of the giants that dwelt in Ashtaroth and Edrel” (Joshua 12: 4). They were also called Emim, or the furious ones. “The Emim dwelt therein in Moab of the Transjordan in times past, a people great and many, and tall as the Anakim, which also were accounted giants, as the Anakim; but Moab calls them Emim” . This branch of the giants was already extinct; but two cosmic ages earlier, in the days of Amraphel, king of Shinar, and Abraham the Patriarch, Eimim flourished in the Transjordan (Genesis 14: 5). Its also other books outside the bible that talks about a giant races.

The Greek Book of Baruch narrates that over four hundred thousand of the race of giants were destroyed by the Flood. After the Flood there were only a few districts where some of them remained alive.

This is a list of what have been mention as giants in history including the bible.

1. The Nephilim - mention in Genesis and they were sons of gods.

2. The Caninites - It was a race of giants descended from Cain and lived in a kindom call Arka.

3. The Anakim - The decendants of Anak or Enoch Cain’s son.

4. The Tritons - This ones from the Greek mythology, they were a race of giants spawned from the interbreeding of poseidon with a mortal women name Cleito

5. The Titans - Another Greek race of Giants born to Ouranos and Gaia.

6. Atlas - The king of Atlantis.

7. Qetzlcoatl - The white god that appeared to South Americans.

8. Hercules

This link will talk more about other giants, so taking in consideration that other civilizations outside the bible book also talks of stories about giants will pretty much make you wonder as if they were real or not.

thevesselofgod.com...

www.aloha.net...

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I went back an searched for more proof on the discovery civilization website and on national geographic, but i couldn't find the program. This is a shame, but it does sound like something radical that discovery would promote. This topic has been on my mind for sometime, especially the information in the bible which has specific passages to this giagantic race of beings. Keep the info coming I'm loving it.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishmaster
So new information just came about on Discovery Civiliztion

Who?

within the last week or two. It stated that 16' giants were the primary species during the pre-flood era.

Since there aren't any 16 foot tall human like remains, nor any evidencefor a 'global flood', this whole thing stinks already.

This was due to very high atmospheric pressure since there was really nothing to break down our ozone.

This statement does not make any sense.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Trust me smart guy. Scientists have been able to mimic these exact situations of high atmosphereic pressure. When an organism is brought up under these conditions they grow to being 3 times their size that we see them as. The experiment was done on Black Breasted Piranha. This creature grew some 3 times its size. This is what made me think that the reason for humans being so gigantic in the past. Our atmosphere was much thicker then which would have had a drastic impact on the growth of everything. Thats why dinosaurs were as large as they were and when now they are just little lizzards. I know the information i saw. I can't find it on the site i thought it would be on. I just asked if anyone had some info or a website. I don't need to hear anything from you.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Trust me smart guy.

I can't find it on the site i thought it would be on. I just asked if anyone had some info or a website. I don't need to hear anything from you.

Wow, that attitude is really condusive to discussion, isn't it?

Want to try something else, like courtesy?

:shk:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
appologies.......I'm just looking for some information if anyone can help me out it would be great.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Giants do exist. Or, at least they did until Andre the Giant passed away. He was from Grenoble, in the French Alps!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
thanks for the support. They say people of extremely large size living now do carry a resesive gene from the time of the lost species. Perhaps when we die we might get some straight answers, but that would be too easy.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
My fiancee is 6'8" and my son is 6'5". I think people are getting taller, but that is from better nutrition than previous eras.

I love researching the nephilim and the giants. I hope you can find that info fish, it sounds fascinating.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I agree that we are eating healthier which contributes to our growth, but i really think its what "THEY" put in the chicken. Thanks. This could end up being a dead end. I'll keep up the search.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Trust me smart guy. Scientists have been able to mimic these exact situations of high atmosphereic pressure.[/ When an organism is brought up under these conditions they grow to being 3 times their size that we see them as.

False.

The experiment was done on Black Breasted Piranha. This creature grew some 3 times its size.

Thus demonstrating that piranha can be made big. What of it?

Thats why dinosaurs were as large as they were and when now they are just little lizzards.

Dinosaurs and lizards are about as different as lizards and birds. Literally.

Also, there were small animals, and small dinosaurs, in those days, and before the dinosaurs there weren't any animals as large as the large dinosaurs. And none of this is relevant to humans being gigantic, humans do not become giants because of a 'thick atmosphere', and the atmosphere wasn't significantly different when humans first appeared anyway.

I don't need to hear anything from you.

Then don't read my posts. *shrug*

They say people of extremely large size living now do carry a resesive gene from the time of the lost species

No, they do not. "giant' humans aren't particularly gigantic, and they don't carry some ancient gene from some bygone era that does this.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Fishmaster,
I will be a bit more moderate that Nygdan.
You have made some assertions and stated somethings as facts.
Unfortunately, you have no provided anything to back your statements.
Do you have any proofs and or links in which you can backup your assertions?
As to modern day "giants" the one thing that they seem to have all in common are:
Thyroid problems (which goes without saying as the thyroid regulates growth).
Heart conditions
Bones tend to be more brittle
So far as I am aware of, there have been no genetic markers that relate modern day "giants" together that other modern day humans have.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
lets not lose sight of how in those times, communication was mostly verbal. Stories handed doewn verbaly tend to get exaggerated. Remember good old william wallace ? (braveheart) he is also sometimes referred to as a giant of a man, but thats due to his deeds, not his femurs.

If you take everything in the bible literally, all humans are decendents of adam and eve, (and in 10,00 years the world pop is 6.5 billion ? please)and noah had two of all creatures on his ark.(even those from s america and n america and australia...please)

I would think your scource is not discovery channel, or any tv show, but an internet site.....

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
groups.msn.com...

This and among many other sites relate to Zecharia Sitchin and his research about "The 12th Planet". Alot of this is very convincing if you have a very open mind. I in the past never said that i believe any of this. I just heard of these topics and am looking for feed back.

The evidence from the ancient civilization of the Sumarians also have some very interesting art. This piece shows 3 people 2 standing and 1 sitting. If the 1 sitting rose he would then be at least 12 to 14 feet tall. Also in the background there is a pic of a star with 10 planet orbiting it. I thought we didn't know of a heliocentric solar system until Copernicus. Pluto and Sedna were discovered in the 20th and 21st centuries, yet this civilization living in 3000BC knew about them. There must have been a source to influence them ALIENs!

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Just a note on the taller species of today, it turns out its not healthier, and the taller ones among us are more prone to heart disease, and heart attacks, because the normal sized heart must work double to pump the blood over the larger extremeties.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

groups.msn.com...

This and among many other sites relate to Zecharia Sitchin and his research about "The 12th Planet". Alot of this is very convincing if you have a very open mind. I in the past never said that i believe any of this. I just heard of these topics and am looking for feed back.

The evidence from the ancient civilization of the Sumarians also have some very interesting art. This piece shows 3 people 2 standing and 1 sitting. If the 1 sitting rose he would then be at least 12 to 14 feet tall. Also in the background there is a pic of a star with 10 planet orbiting it. I thought we didn't know of a heliocentric solar system until Copernicus. Pluto and Sedna were discovered in the 20th and 21st centuries, yet this civilization living in 3000BC knew about them. There must have been a source to influence them ALIENs!

I was hoping for some info on the discovery angle that you had mentioned in the origional post. I am very familiar with Sitchin's writings and theories.
They are very interesting indeed.
As to the pix, Couple of things that you may want to remember.
1) ancient civilizations seemed to have been aware of the nine planets. Don't ask me how. As to the 10th planet, many considered the moon to be another planet.
2) the other thing to remember is that in an artistic sense, most paintings , statues etc, were not done anatomically correct until late during the renisance period. Also, as the one that is sitting is most likely royalty, the tendency was to make the royals to be bigger than life.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join