It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adult stem cell research breakthrough largely ignored by liberal media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Adult Stem Cell Breakthrough Ignored

Monday, May 30, 2005
NewsMax.com

"Scientists at Australia's Griffith University have engineered a breakthrough in the field of adult stem cell research that's so significant, say experts, that it could render the debate over embryonic stem cell research moot.

The results of the four-year research project showed that olfactory stem cells can be turned into heart cells, brain cells, nerve cells – indeed, almost any kind of cell in the body – without the problems of rejection or tumors forming, a common side effect with embryonic stem cells."

Full story

God I hate the liberal media.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
That is very interesting NWguy83. Why does no one else care? THIS IS EXTRAORDINARY! Although I do question that sight. It doesnt look very credible. Maybe there is a conspiracy by the liberals.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Which liberal media ignored this story....? It came out in March 2005 and was covered by the major media outlets... except Foxnews.

us.cnn.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...
abcnews.go.com...

However, the White House and the lawmakers (decidely not liberal, btw) who are against embryonic stem cell research seem to have overlooked this discovery. The Senate was aware that there is some promise in stem cells harvested from the nasal cavity, as per testimony before Senate Commerce, Science & Technology subcommitee in June 2003 & July 2004.

commerce.senate.gov...
commerce.senate.gov...

Why haven't the opponents of the use of embryonic stem cells used these findings? I would think that it would have come up during the debate in the House this past week.

Also, the White House Bioethics committee just published a study on alternative sources of pluripotent stem cells in May '05 and held a press conference--and no mention of the Mackay-Sims findings or the use of stem cells from the olfactory mucosa. www.bioethics.gov...

Don't blame the lack of attention to this discovery on a "secret liberal conspiracy." The people who would benefit from these findings the most--Christian conservatives in Congress and the White House--are ignoring it for some reason. I'm not sure how Newsmax or any other similar source of right-wing propaganda can fault liberals for that kind of misstep...

new topics

join