It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help regarding info on Korean Airlines 007

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Does anyone have information regarding the 'conspiracy theory' regarding Korean Airlines 007.
Friends of the family of mine had a relative on the flight and they are investigating a lead where the plane was not shot down but forced to land and that all passangers are being held captives. It does not seem plausible to me but regardless I promised I will look into it.
Any help would be appreciated.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well, whether this is true or not I don´t know. You be the judge. Take a look!

The Truth About the Korean Airlines Flight-007

Quote: "I Told the World the Soviets Shot It Down in Cold Blood, But I Was Wrong"...

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Well, whether this is true or not I don´t know. You be the judge. Take a look!

The Truth About the Korean Airlines Flight-007

Quote: "I Told the World the Soviets Shot It Down in Cold Blood, But I Was Wrong"...

This in no way relates to the information I was talking about.
Do not turn this into an American Bashing thread - this is an effort to try to assist a grieving family.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Here are a couple of good links on the subject.
I myself tend to believe that KAL007 was shot down by the USSR as the Russians had complained and warned South Korea that they were putting the aircraft into danger by continually fliying into Soviet Air Space.

Mystery of KAL Flight 007 Solved

KAL Flight 007

Frequently Asked Questions Concerning the Downing of KAL Flight 007 and Attendant Matters

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
This in no way relates to the information I was talking about.
Do not turn this into an American Bashing thread - this is an effort to try to assist a grieving family.

Sorry, that was not my intention. I found this just now. Better?

Insight on the News Kal 007 Mystery - Korean Airlines flight 007 incident

KAL 007 ditched successfully in Soviet territorial waters between Moneron and Sakhalin islands; KGB Col. Gen. Semyon Romanov's Border Guard boats recovered the 747 largely intact; the jet was stripped of all its surviving passengers and their luggage; a Soviet helicopter pilot reported seeing KAL 007 in one piece on the surface of the ocean; the craft was towed to Soviet territorial waters near Moneron, where it deliberately was scuffled in shallow waters inside Soviet territorial limits.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Here is a document with the 'evidence' supporting the claims that the plane did not crash but depressurized and brought to a soft water landing. The people aboard the flight were actually taken away along with a congressman - Larry McDonald (D).

www.rescue007.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I was hoping to hear from people with first hand experience - Maybe from the Russian Air force or AA units.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
All I know is that Soviet Russia shot it down after it strayed slightly off course.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
See, here's where a little common sense helps. Why would the russkies stand silent when they are being painted as murderers, when they could play rescuers instead by coming up with survivors? Plus the 747 is not seaplane capable, as far as I know. Nor would survivors have lasted long in that frigid water.

Anyway the German magazine 'Spiegal' did a very good series of articles on the tragedy. They pointed out that a US recon bird was performing exercies in the immediate area in the first half of the leg from Anchorage to Seoul. And another KAL 747 was flying at the same time and latitude on a parallel flight lane. No one ever interviewed the crew of that plane. Neither of these planes ever informed KAL 007 that it was flying into a restricted zone. The Soviet fighter fired warning shots, the boeing took evasive action, it had just overflown the Sakhalin island.

The whole thing smells like a deliberate provocation to the Soviets, it certainly fell right into the 'evil empire' scenario of the resurgant Reagon administration. I've heard Cong. MacDonald was targeted, as he could have been an embarassment to the Reaganistas--you might pursue that angle

new topics

top topics

join