It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open apology to Dr. Steven Greer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
As many of you may know I disparaged Dr. Steven Greer's character after mis-reading his response to the Peter Jennings UFO special in UFO magazine.

I had the chance to read his full response in the magazine again this weekend and it was a most excellent, detailed, well thought out, and even inspiring rebutal.

As much as some of us may have problems with how the Disclosure Project is managed and run - I do not think we as UFOlogists could have a more sincere and dedicated ally then Dr. Steven Greer.

Thank you Dr. Greer for taking a thoughtful, scientific approach to the UFO phenomena, and for helping all of us here and worldwide fight the good fight for truth and openess on the Alien issue!

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
For me the entire Disclosure Project effort has been a great disappointment. I agree with you that Dr. Greer is well spoken, intelligent and passionate in his efforts to bring this subject to the fore.

IMHO:

He would have done better to focus on the quality over the quantity of 'evidence' and witnesses. His inclusion of the Meier case and other dubious sources (as Gazrok has made painfully clear) has done nothing to strengthen the movement. In UFOlogy one bad apple does indeed spoil the entire lot.

He jumped on the 'free energy' bandwagon before the wagon even had wheels on it (as of this writing it is a little more than a chassis). One of his stated goals is the disclosure of technologies to provide for the development of alternative (read: free) energy sources.

I am not saying that the free energy concept is invalid (especially the concept of EM Vacuum energy), just that Dr. Greer seemed to sidestep the Disclosure Project in favor of a seemingly easier road.

He tied the project to the 'weaponization of space' issue which did a lot to turn people off, given 9/11 and the atmosphere that was created as a result.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I still don't know what to think of Dr. Greer and the Disclosure Project myself. While the little work I've seen of his has been excellent, the fact that he's selling what he found has kind of turned me off of him. I mean, I know everyone needs to pay the bills--as an amatuer musician I face that debate everyday. But if Disclosure will have as huge an impact on humanity as every says it will, shouldn't the research done be freely available? Shouldn't he be trying to get the word out to everyone, and not put a dollar sign on it? Money always makes me look at things differently. It takes the intellectual value out of it. I mean, everything he does can be looked at something to sell his book now IMO. Just my two cents...

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I wonder if Dr. Greer ever vists forums such as these?

It would probably not be a bad thing - every so often we have real news in here - like the potential Brazillian Disclosure.

If you do read this SG I got tow questions for you and for Friedman?

1. Why do you not investigate/interview Joseph Gutheinz?

2. Why aren't you in Brazil getting every record you can before they change their mind?

Man, if I were a full time self employed UFOlogist I'd be all over those two things.

Also if the guy who originally ran project Bluebook is still alive, why isn't he part of the Disclosure Project?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Nice touch of class there TruthMagnet...

Takes a bigger man to own up to their mistakes....

new topics

top topics

join