It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sigma Phi Society (Mens Death Cult or Elite Society)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The Sigma Phi Society is a college mens club that is on (by my research) 8 colleges. This group is highly secret and tight nit. I have found that men join for life and are expected to be involved until death. They use death in their meetings and members personal belongings are returned to the Society apon a members death.

I know that Justice Earl Warren was a member, as well as Elihu Root. And maybe many others, I have been unable to find out more.

Does anyone have anymore information or comments?

Sigma Phi Society

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
its a greek fraternity. Can you elaborate on your accusations that it is anything more ? Your link is their official site, btw, and proves only that you are making somehting out of nothing, until you can show otherwise.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Like Syrinx said, something out of nothing. Just another college fraternity.

Can I see these links that said Sigma Phi was involved in death rituals?

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Not all information comes from the internet. I have not found any links relating to the use of/worship of death, but I also find no reason why there would be any.

My question was to see if anyone else had heard these things or had any more info. Sorry, but this is a site of questions, and sharing of information.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
That symbol of a hand lifting a heart up to God reminds me of the Aztecs. I understand they would tear a heart out of a live individual and hold it up like that while it was still beating, thus leaving the individual kind of broken hearted. I have never heard of them myself.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The Union Triad part makes it one of the oldest college fraternities in existence. I am very interested in fraternity histories and I haven't heard any of these rumors. Also, based on their chapter list, they don't appear at some of the nation's most elite universities, so I'd rule that part out. My conclusion, it's just the granddaddy of many of your typical college frats, with Christian symbolism and values- no death cult.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by scifemme
The Union Triad part makes it one of the oldest college fraternities in existence. I am very interested in fraternity histories and I haven't heard any of these rumors. Also, based on their chapter list, they don't appear at some of the nation's most elite universities, so I'd rule that part out. My conclusion, it's just the granddaddy of many of your typical college frats, with Christian symbolism and values- no death cult.

I don't believe that it uses Christian symbolism. But, maybe. I am mainly wondering if anyone has heard this before, or know anymore information.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
boatphone, where did YOU hear anything ????

can you even enlighten us on the title of the thread, or do you make a practice of slandering groups with no evidence to back it up and hide behind "research" ????

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
my dad was in Alpha Sigma Phi in college, is this the same thing?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by umwolves123
my dad was in Alpha Sigma Phi in college, is this the same thing?

Nope, Sigma Phi Society is different than Alpha Sigma Phi. Anyone know of Sigma Phi Society members? Chapters, been inside??

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

New pic of one of the houses....

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
how are they different? could they be similar at all? or are they totally different houses? i always thought if it had 3 words it was a Frat. if it had 2 it was a sorority.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

how are they different? could they be similar at all? or are they totally different houses? i always thought if it had 3 words it was a Frat. if it had 2 it was a sorority.

I am not clear on what you are asking?? And no it is not true that fraternitys have three letters and sororitys have two. If fact most the early (first) fraternitys used two letters. The first is Kappa Alpha. The Second is Delta Phi and the third is Sigma Phi Society. My mother and sister belong to Kappa Alpha Theta (which of course is a sorority).

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone

I am not clear on what you are asking?? And no it is not true that fraternitys have three letters and sororitys have two. If fact most the early (first) fraternitys used two letters. The first is Kappa Alpha. The Second is Delta Phi and the third is Sigma Phi Society. My mother and sister belong to Kappa Alpha Theta (which of course is a sorority).

I see...well thank you for clearing that up for me. i appreciate it.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
So, nobody has any information on this group...?? Maybe its no big deal...

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I don't think its a big deal, I'm in a frat and I have never even heard of these guys...could just be a regional one...what was the death thing about?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The death question is an interesting one. Why would a college fraternity be obsessed with such a dark subject?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
It is a commitment issue. Same with a wedding, till death do us part. It just sounds a little better than " I will stay with you guys untill I get bored of the frat".

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I have indeed done much research on this elite secret society. It is in fact a secret society disguised as a fraternity. Members are usually doctors, lawyers, government officials etc and get to their status by using the good old boy networking. It appears that members are very dedicated to the secrecy of the society and the to the society itself, maybe that's why we've never heard of these guys. I got all of this info from a catalogue of members and brief histories that the society published. And they are at the top institutions! UVA, Wisconsin, UC Berkley. This catalogue also said that they rejected Yale, Harvard, Bowdion and several others. They seem to be very selective and take in only wealthy intelligent individuals. Quite interesting.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I got all of this info from a catalogue of members and brief histories that the society published.

Uhmmm, not so secret then no?

As noted, its a fraternity. Boatphone had researched it behind the scenes and found that Death was a significant motiff within it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join