It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: 'Deep Throat' Anonymous Source Finally Revealed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Bradlee told the Post that he knew the paper was "on the right track" by using Felt.

"The No. 2 guy at the FBI, that was a pretty good source," Bradlee said. The "quality of the source" and the soundness of his guidance made him sure of that, he said.

...What a day...

Well, I guess, there goes the George H.W. Bush theory.

Zip

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The confession should be taken at face value.

Being 91 years old, Felt can assume he will not outlive those who actually know the identity of deep throat, so to come forward with this admission if it were a lie requires only a denial by Woodward. And since Woodward is keeping his word as a journalist to not reveal the identity of same, where denying a claimant does not break thisvow, it can reasonably be concluded that Felt is in fact deep throat.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Gee, she looked much better in the movie.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I kind of wish we would find out when he died. I think it would make it more memorable. Not saying that finding out now isnt memorable. Its just not the same.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot

Well, I guess, there goes the George H.W. Bush theory.

If Woodward did confirm it, then that's good enough for this conspiracy theorist. Now watch Bernstein chime in and say "not so fast!!".

Peace

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I don't care.

I probably haven't cared since 1974, by which time I'd grown thoroughly sick of the Watergate coverage.

Let's move on to the ID of whoever was on the 'grassy knoll'... now that would be interesting.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
For those who seem to still be unaware, Woodward and the Washington Post have confirmed Felt as the source.

Although Woodward had checked in with the Felt family periodically, and is writing a book about his relationship with Deep Throat, Downie said Woodward was never told by Felt or his family that he was going public. "Bob was really kind of helpless" because Felt never indicated that their agreement was over, said Downie, who rushed back to Washington from a corporate meeting on the Eastern Shore when the story broke yesterday.

Woodward and The Post decided to confirm Vanity Fair's story yesterday because "Felt's family and lawyer made their decision for him, and we had no choice," Downie said.

Zip

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
Who knows, maybe they have books waiting to be published

Well, it seems to be moot, as woodward and bernstein have indeed said that this is the man. However, I stand by my original decision. This guy said he was deep throat, without corroboration. Until W and B corroborated his story, it was just that, a story, even tho it happened to be tru.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
EDIT [I misread something / I give up]

[edit on 6/1/2005 by Zipdot]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
What an idiot....he would have made a ton shopping this story to Newsweek. After that Koran flushing bit, Newsweek would have paid FAR more than Vanity Fair I'd wager....

I don't think many were surprised by the revelation...he's been a top candidate for DT for years...still, nice to see confirmation.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I had read that Vanity Fair didn't pay Felt for the story. O'Conell was going to write a book about it but no publishers would pick it up.

Zip

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
If you read the article it seems that Felt's family is using the Vanity fair exclusive money to pay off some educatiojn debts of the kids.

in Felt's own words "Seems a good enough reason"

Felt's family, what a bunch of gold diggers they must be!

Their reasons for talking him into admitting this are that they could use the money "to pay some bills".

Guess they thought that since Pops is 91 years old and his memory is fading, they'd better cash in while they still could.

[edit on 6/1/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Vanity Fair magazine reported Tuesday that Felt, now 91, had come forward as the mysterious informant, who provided crucial information to The Washington Post reporters Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein.

The man is 91 years old. If he isn't the real "deep Throat" it will probably be revealed in a couple more years.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
But how could Felt have gotten information that the FBI supposedly did not have???

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Deep throat was responsible for news leaks that toppled this Government. The President resigned and at the next election, the White House went to The Democratic Party. Distrust of the Federal Government ran rampant and people saw Conspiracies everywhere. Was he a Traitor? Those leaks seem almost Treasonous to me. As an FBI honcho, he should have used the system, not the press. I have to ask, because I am unsure. but I don't think I could call Felt a Hero.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
What's his ATS nick?

It would be SO COOL if he was still leaking- right here

On second thought, don't answer that. POY notwithstanding, outing dries up sources.

Chin up

[edit on 1-6-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Hey, everyone saying they are waiting for the reporters to admit he was, THEY DID!!!!!! THEY CONFIRMED IT!!!!!!

Also, on fox news, Pat Buchanon did everything short of jumping up and down and shooting a camera man going on about how this guy deserves to die.

On Scarborough(sp?) Country one of the Watergate guys, one who broke in and went to jail because Deepthroat exposed him, also said this guy was evil and deserved to die.

Third, on CNN the republican who exposed a CIA agent because he wouldn't blow him also said the same thing, guy is evil and needs to die. Yep, the man who blew the cover of an undercover CIA agent because the agent wouldn't bow down before him and suck his toes wants deepthroat killed.

And it seems like this with everyother republican. They all want deepthroat executed on national tv as a traitor. Yet the woman who blew both Clinton and the story about it is a hero with a golden statue of her in Bush Sr. house. Lets see, blowjob, republicans being themselves, bj, republicans being themselves, what's worse?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
From the Washington Post

How Mark Felt Became 'Deep Throat'
As a Friendship -- and the Watergate Story -- Developed, Source's Motives Remained a Mystery to Woodward

By Bob Woodward
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, June 2, 2005; Page A01

In 1970, when I was serving as a lieutenant in the U.S. Navy and assigned to Adm. Thomas H. Moorer, the chief of naval operations, I sometimes acted as a courier, taking documents to the White House.
Woodward

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
That answers how he got such info. I still love how all the republicans on tv want him to be executed for treason. I understand the one guy who went to jail because of watergate, but why Pat? Or Delay? Or Cheney? Or Wolf Blitzowitz?(sp?) WHy do all republicans on tv want him killed for treason? He exposed the republicans for what they were, thats like someone proving Colin Powell is black, it's what he is, and corrupt is what the republicans are, so whats the big deal?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
If it weren't for him Nixon would have been in power and the democrats would be dead! He is a traitor, thank god Newt and Pat and everyother good republican is calling for his death.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join