It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guantanamo Bay captives told to claim torture by Al Qaeda…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
From the Washington Times

“An al Qaeda handbook preaches to operatives to level charges of torture once captured, a training regime that administration officials say explains some of the charges of abuse at the Guantanamo Bay prison camp…”

The captives at Guantanamo are just following Al Qaeda guidelines when they claim abuse. Seized Al Qaeda training manuals direct captured members to allege abuse as a tactic.

An actual quote from a manual seized in Britain: “At the beginning of the trial ... the brothers must insist on proving that torture was inflicted on them by state security before the judge. Complain of mistreatment while in prison."

How many people have been killed or harassed over these false claims at GTMO? This is just another form of Al Qaeda terrorism and tactics. Intelligent, civilized people of the world must see through these terrorist lies and propaganda.

I feel sorry for the soldiers and personnel at GTMO that need to defend themselves against accusations from these terrorists who would stop at nothing to further their cause.

Gen. Richard Myers states about these detainee’s if released "would turn right around and try to slit our throats, slit our children's throats." (Source)

Read this quote from the Qur’an: “In accord with Qur'an 47:4: "Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), smite at their necks..."

I wouldn’t believe one of these detainees if he told me it was light outside in the middle of the afternoon. Lying propagandists attempting to gain sympathy. Just another terrorist ploy.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
While i think that those detainees are among the nastiest humans, there HAS been abuse. This story does not debunk that fact.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The problem is always with those pesky photos and witnesses that confirm the torture and mistreatment... damn their eyes

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Available at Barnes & Nobles..........$19.95

Tactics such as described are pretty obvious ploys...... and likely are in fact being used by some of the prisoners.
The photos however fall right into their hands for propaganda purpouses however. Very stupid of the US to allow such mistreatment.... and stupider to allow it to be revealed.

Frankly I don't care if we have to hook jumper cables to these guys to prevent another 9/11. Just keep it under wraps when you do.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
As much as I would like believe that all these
accusations are false.......I cannot.

However if it were the Washington Post then it might have more truth to it.

I think some people are being tortured, but you bet your arse that others are fabricating stories and outright lying. IMO

[edit on 31/5/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Has abuse happened? Sure thing. But I bet its 95% less than whats being reported on. The definition of abuse may be in question here as well. Measure how these detainee's are being treated against other prisoners in other conflicts and I think they have it easy.

See people, no abuse doesnt sell newspapers. Abuse sells. Its very popular reading right now thoughout the world to USA bash. More bashing, more papers sold.

[edit on 31-5-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Where was this information when all these abuse allegations were going on? Unfortuneatly after abu ghraib the credibility of these people has come into serious question. So even if the rest of these claims are flase we still have proof of one incident of abuse.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
A lot of conspiracy theories start with "and this is just the tip of the iceberg" or "if this is reported, how much more goes on that doesn't get reported?" I get the feeling that someone somewhere wants the world to believe that all Americans are evil, torturous, murderous beast. That is something I will believe of NO country. America like all other countries is comprised of individuals.

Have some atrocities been committed? I have no doubt that they have. Have all incidents of abuse been reported? Only those involved can know for sure. Can we believe every report of abuse? No, only those that are proven beyond reasonable doubt. Do we, as intellegent humans, demonize an entire group of people for the actions of a few? Well, I guess it depends on the level of your intellegence.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
You have voted darkelf for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month

Very well said Dark, exactly my sentiment worded much better than I could have done it. The problem is, so many haters only need a bad story or two to bash an entire country. Mass media fueling the fire with sensationalism to make some cash doesnt help either.

But intelligent people know. And thats whats important.

cjf

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
There is no doubt in the facts’ concerning the very real prison abuse issue in Iraq and just as equally certain not all acts of 'prison abuse' are perpetrated by the United States. I also recall instances where altered ‘alleged abuse’ photographs were circulating on websites which were later proven to be falsified. This tactic is neither new, nor uncommon and simply adds to the intended vilification, alignment and general unrest.

Reading through some of the FOIA FBI reports/interviews (sample pdf.) from Cuba posted by the ACLU one would be lead to believe all the Taliban commanders as well as most comrades died in ‘shipping containers’ during the transfer, almost all inmates say they have been ‘tortured’ at some point during detainment and generally a vast majority of the detainees were ‘last minute conscripted farmers’ that ‘never shot a gun’ or ‘had a gun issued at the very last minute’ before surrender. All the while there are statements which indicate inmates kill and torture other prisoners accused of cooperating and mass suicide pacts. That said:

No doubt it is and will continue to be a mess and completely cluttered now by the deeds of those which engaged in shortsighted, abhorrent, unethical behavior by engaging in the known acts of abuse and causing irreparable damage far beyond the ‘instances of abuse’. The ripple effect has caused greying and contributed to far, far more atrocities and deaths, and will be used fully as a platform for continued incitement, disinformation and polarization

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

How many people have been killed or harassed over these false claims at GTMO? This is just another form of Al Qaeda terrorism and tactics. Intelligent, civilized people of the world must see through these terrorist lies and propaganda.

What about the American Government lies and propaganda? You're a fool to believe this report from the Government, one word disinformation. The government is just trying to climb out of the pit its dug itself into over this mess.

Don't forget the Abu Prison did/does torture people, there is photographic proof. The government also outsources torturing to other countries, they even admitted it.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
one must remember that proppiganda is at work in all sides of this. i am sure that some have falsely reported torture, some on the other hand are telling the truth.

i find it interesting that this "handbook" can be purchased at barns and nobel, hmm now how did it get there? have there been ANY cahnges made to it in order to "prove" things? is the whole thing just anothr piece of proppiganda used to justify things?

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Don't forget the Abu Prison did/does torture people

Forcing people into naked human pyramids hardly qualifies as torture...

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
By The Associated Press
The Associated Press
Wednesday, June 1, 2005; 6:23 PM

Figures cited by Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld on Wednesday in defending the treatment by the U.S. military of detained terrorism suspects:

Number of detainees in U.S. custody since Sept. 11, 2001: 68,000

Number of criminal investigations into alleged mistreatment by US personnel:370

Number of U.S. servicemen and servicewomen who have served in Iraq, Afghanistan, U.S. detention camp at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba: 525,000

Number of U.S. servicemen and servicewomen found to have treated detainees illegally: Less than 0.1 percent, which works out to fewer than 525. Actually, about 130 have been punished as a result of investigations.

Number of detainees released from Guantanamo Bay: 200

Number of released Guantanamo detainees captured again on battlefield: At least 12.

www.washingtonpost.com...

These are the "official" numbers for now. Abuse case filings will probably decrease from past lessons learned.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

By dgtempe
But we have pictures!!!
While i think that those detainees are among the nastiest humans, there HAS been abuse. This story does not debunk that fact.

OH BOO!BOOHOO!(sorry I just had to :lol
God forbid that we take pictures that show them nude and maybe a bag over their head!

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
i dont see why people be mad if Osama bin laden was captured and posted naked, i mean will u be really mad if Osama was forced to be naked?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Urm, let's not forget that even if these people aren't being tortured, they are being held without due process.

"Hey, let's have secret prisons in America! Just keep the torture on the downlow."

Claims of torture would be a recommendable way of at least making sure some attention is given to these prisoners, who have no names, faces, or contact with legal counsel.

-koji K.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheApocalypse
OH BOO!BOOHOO!(sorry I just had to :lol
God forbid that we take pictures that show them nude and maybe a bag over their head!

You mean like how the 22 year old taxi driver named Dilawar was beaten and died in custody?

www.underthesamesun.org...

Or like this man who was beaten to death?

I want you to continue to deny abuses are happening though. There are those of us who can show you just how wrong you are each and every time.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Did I say anything about taxi drivers being the ones with the bags over their heads did I? That guy was beaten to death,the men at Guantanamo or Abu Grhaib had bags over their heads and put them in the nude.

top topics

join