It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walt Disney World And EPCOT Center - A Planned Preview Of The NWO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hi,

I'm sure that everyone is aware of Walt Disney's, "Disneyland Theme Park", a huge success in Anaheim, CA, along with his major holdings with the media, (ABC, CNN, Universal Studios, Disney Studios, more.......) which I am not going to go into now, as this is not the main purpose of this post.
This post is mainly about "Disney World" in Orlando, FL along with the nearby Disney Owned "Epcot" Center.

I was aware for quite some time now, that Walt Disney, after Disneyland in California had become a cultural icon, had bought up a considerable amount of land in Orlando, FL, with the idea in mind of creating another Disney Theme Park, along with the Epcot center. However, Walt Disney wanted to build it with the stipulation that since he would be bringing not only a lot of money from tourism, but would also help to build infrastructure at no cost to the Florida residents that he wanted complete autonomy. He was to be exmept from complying with the ususal rules and regulations normally imposed on a privately owned company. He would have his own law enforcement, water & sewage, fire dept., standards for rides, employee living and wages., etc.... Anyway, that is exactly what he was granted, and more.

I was already aware of this bit of history. I've even been there. It was a long time ago, when I was much younger, so I don't remember a whole lot about it, except for the fact that I had personally preferred Disneyland as a kid. However, I did remember that Epcot Center seemed to have an area where there was a small sampling of many different countries and their cultures. A day or two ago, an ATS member had posted the the song, "It's a Small World", in it's entirety, as a response to a post. At the time I read it, I believed it to be funny, a joke. Upon second thought, after the song had gotten stuck in my head, causing me to think about what I had already heard and read in the past of Walt Disney's insistence upon being autonomous, and all the litttle "Countries" featured at Epcot. It occurred to me that the poster of the song was dead serious. (If you are reading this, I'm sorry but I don't remember your name.)

Because, in thinking about it, one man, with his own government, (and not a democratically elected one, either) which controlled everything that went on in all the little countries in his Small World, was everything necessary to be a very much "scaled down", and with voluntary citizenship and tourism, a perfect example, or "preview" of the NWO. HHmmmmmm.....

So, I did some research on the whole thing, to make sure that I hadn't just been reading urban legends or something like that. I not only found that what I had heard was true, but I also found out what "EPCOT" is the anagram for. I know, I know, most of you already probably know this, but I didn't until a couple of hours ago. It stands for: Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. Another Hhhhmmmmm..... However, as stated in the article below, Epcot never became what Walt Disney had envisioned due to the fact that after this death in 1966, the funds started to dry up, and Epcot just ended up opening as another theme park.

I just took the following exerpts from one article from the AP, however, Google has pages and pages of articles and information and probably some dis-informaition as well on Walt Disney and his undertakings.

Report: Disney World's Government Safe From Outside Changes.

MIKE SCHNEIDER
Associated Press

ORLANDO, Fla. - Walt Disney World's personal government has enough federal and state oversight to stop any new owner from making drastic changes to its operations, [........]

Disney World's municipal government, the Reedy Creek Improvement District, was created in 1967 by the Florida Legislature at the urging of Walt Disney's brother, Roy, who argued that the company needed independence from local governments to build its Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. Epcot opened in 1982 as a theme park and not the residential community that Walt Disney once envisioned. The district encompasses four theme parks, 20 resorts and a restaurant and shopping district on 25,000 acres.

The [......] Legislature's research arm offered two options that would further hinder a new owner from enacting significant changes: make it more difficult for Reedy Creek board members to be replaced without cause and make Reedy Creek subject to a more stringent review of how its development impacts surrounding areas.

Gardiner said Tuesday there was no need to take legislative action at this time since Disney World is no longer facing new ownership. Comcast, a cable TV giant, dropped its $54 billion bid for the Walt Disney Co.[.......].

"I don't view the two issues as pressing issues," Gardiner said of the options. "I feel confident in the existing structure that we're in good shape."

Ray Maxwell, administrator of the Reedy Creek Improvement District, [the name applied to Disneys' Personal Government] said it wasn't necessary for the district to face the development of regional impact review process, also known as the DRI process, since it already must submit a comprehensive plan to the state. The district has helped build infrastructure, such as the Osceola Parkway, to keep pace with growth at the resort's parks and hotels, he said. "We feel that Disney has provided a tremendous amount of infrastructure at no cost to central Florida residents," Maxwell said. [......]

Reedy Creek was unusual in that most special districts created by lawmakers provide single services such as firefighting. Reedy Creek was granted authority to a broad range of government services such as drainage and flood control, water and wastewater, electric power generation, solid waste collection and fire protection. The district also was granted the right to issue bonds, assess taxes and enforce its own safety codes.

Foglesong faulted the report for not detailing how certain governmental powers that are supposed to be exercised only be democratically elected bodies are being used by Reedy Creek. "Powers reserved in law for popularly elected governments are being exercised by a landowner-controlled government," Foglesong said.

The above referenced article can be found in full at: AP | Wire Report....

To the recent Poster of:

"It's a world of laughter,
a world of tears,
it's a world of hopes,
and a world of tears,
there's so much that we share,
that it's time we're aware,
it's a small world after all."

You were so right! How intereresting it was how the whole thing unfolded for me. (I must sound so dumb, but, oh well......)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[also] ON THE NET: Reedy Creek Improvement District at www.state.fl.us/rcid

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
the 50's brought us the kitchen of tomorrow, the car of tomorrow, the home of tomorrow, it was a big thing back then, everything was going to be cheap, automatic and "futuristic"......we all know how that turned out !

The internet/media has made this a small world, and it had nothing to do with walt.

Huge corporations get tax breaks all the time to keep jobs in the area. Nothing scary there.

Whats next, bambi's mom wasn't burned in the fire, she was abducted ???

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It seems as if I perhaps didn't word my post very clearly. I wasn't insinuating that Walt Disney was going to do anything to actually bring on the NWO, I was just expressing a thought that occurred to me that if Epcot had gone through the way he had wanted, that we may have had a glimpse into what the NWO might be like.

It was only a thought.......

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think the new world order headquarters will be a joint unification between Disneyland's secret club 33 underneath Pirates of the Carribean, Denver International Airport, and an abandoned IHOP

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I think its a great post cyberkat. I've often thought the same things. I have been to Disney World many times and see alot actually. I also have friends employed there that say some of the strangest things go on behind "club" doors.
Good post. Keep sending any info you come across
The family members still have a vision as well. Lets dig deeper.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Just wanted to add, that in the movie The Corporation, they spend some time focusing on the Disney town, with its own citizens, police, homes, etc. Check it out, its eerie.

I've boycotted as much Disney as humanly possible since 1988 when I found out from "survivors" of the horrible way they treat employees.

Glad to see their stores failed miserabley and are pretty much removed from most malls now.
Good riddance.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
Just wanted to add, that in the movie The Corporation, they spend some time focusing on the Disney town, with its own citizens, police, homes, etc. Check it out, its eerie.

I've boycotted as much Disney as humanly possible since 1988 when I found out from "survivors" of the horrible way they treat employees.

Hey, gotta love a company that uses attrocious slave labor to make thier crappy merchandise! That's the dark nature of capitalism

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8bitagent
I think the new world order headquarters will be a joint unification between Disneyland's secret club 33 underneath Pirates of the Carribean, Denver International Airport, and an abandoned IHOP

And, of course Wal-Mart. Don't forget that we also need to hang near the photo center where we can get our one world papers, etc.....

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by krt1967
I think its a great post cyberkat. I've often thought the same things. I have been to Disney World many times and see alot actually. I also have friends employed there that say some of the strangest things go on behind "club" doors.
Good post. Keep sending any info you come across
The family members still have a vision as well. Lets dig deeper.

Thanks, I knew that it was sort of a goofy post, although, the things I wrote all did seem to come together in a wierd sort of way. I wasn't sure how you guys would take it. I wasn't sure how I felt/feel about it either - I thought it was a sort or unusual way of looking at things though.

Send me a U2U if you like.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I was recently at Disney World, and found the entire thing strange. If Disney represents innocent family fun, why do they have an adult district in Downtown Disney called "Pleasure Island?"
But, yeah, EPCOT and the Magic Knigdom were weird. Everything is so secretive, yet at the same time, so happy. They pretty much force happiness onto their guests.

new topics

top topics

join