It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: High School boy goes on killing spree

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
No, different guy. This story is news.

We don't know any speculative reasons why he might have done this yet.

Zip

[edit on 5/31/2005 by Zipdot]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Alright I'll take the survey before I give my high school opinion.

Let's see;

are you a supporter of NRA?

Yes I am.

You own a Gun?

Nope. Few people my age around my place own any guns besides those airsoft guns that middle schoolers threaten to shoot eachother with

You have a Loaded one in Your House?

Nope, my family is pretty anti-violence and all. So yeah, other than a shovel in the garage were defenseless.

Do you have any Children?

If I myself had children then something is wrong with society. (I'm 14).

Do they have access to the Guns?

Nobody in my immediate family has any access to a firearm, loaded or not.

And now to give my opinion on what the problem with the US is with kids killing each other. For one thing it happens everywere, it just so happens we have the most widespread media coverage.

Now some of you say that it's not so bad living in the US. Well thats generally true, however no matter were you go in the world there will always be an hierarchy in the school system. Simply put the trickle down theory is in effect, only it's more of a stream into river effect.

You see it's just like a river with a dam. The people at the bottom of the hierarchy are like the great rivers like the Missisippii. Those at the top are like creeks, small streams and such. Only large rivers like the Nile have damns if you'll notice. You'll notice that small streams don't have them. Basically this means that # flows freely from those at the top of the hierarchy. So what do those at the bottom, or the rivers do? They either flood in which they do something suicidal or they build a dam, that being mental barriers keeping them in check.

Well heres the problem, when enough # flows down stream, sometimes it's more than a river can handle. When that happens it floods very violently, usually hurting a lot of people. And guess what, sometimes some really nasty # flows down stream, like a dam buster from WWII that being say a really nasty insult in this case. And like the dam busters from WWII, they shatter the dam, the insult shatters those mental barriers. And when that happens, all hell breaks lose.

Only heres were the # flowing downwards theory differs from hydrographic cycles, in this case when dams bust, it flows up stream. Yep, all those factories dumping their crap downstream get hit with it. And sometimes people farther down stream get it.

Sorry if that was a bit confusing. So heres what it is in a nutshell. When you dump enough crap down the toilet, sometimes it comes back at you in a violent way. In reality, you inflict enough pain, sometimes you get paid back all at once.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Perhaps the problem is the lack of proper outlets for the violence in an individual's libido, the destructive force as it were. As a result, you see individual's simply snapping and taking out anger, wherever that anger comes from, maybe nowhere. I think such individual incidences such as these speak of a higher societal malfunction against our very biological nature.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
There is something wrong with the American Youth when this happens and happens so often. If you look at Switzerland it is illegal to not own a gun if you're male, school children have shooting contests from 12+ and not one school shooting has ever happened.

What's the difference in these two sociaties?

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Oh no, not another one. I think they dont really apreaceate life as they are so young.

~The Surrealist

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Ah a delinquent (a) Cyberdude?
Sorry, I think youth today is treated very biased, and because of this they act the way society thinks of them. So there not really helping.

Trust me first hand, we live in a biased cociety

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I can tell from first hand expirience that teenages (including myself) represent the worst in humans. Dumb, violent, impulsive and above all else, lack common sense. Personally I don't think this stuff would happen if we'd all just pay each other a compliment or two for once instead of putting down on the kids who are different.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
O.K. folks. I live in Bellefontaine, pronounced Bellfountain. Just to let you know, there is very little info on this still, and according to the Sheriff's Department, they are waiting for Scott Moody's sister to recover a little to question her about what went on that morning. There are a few facts that I have been able glean from some folks who knew the family...

(a) There were money problems concerning the family farm and how his grandparents ran it.
(b) He was found dead, along with his girlfriend in the same bed. She was the 14 yr. old.
(c) One kid left about 6 a.m. that morning to work on his family's farm, or he probably would be dead, also.

If these facts were already available thru the media, I'm sorry about posting them. I will keep my ears perked for any new facts and post them as fast as I can.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
A lot of people here have voiced children are disrespectful. That being one of the reasons I quit school (aside from the drug problem at the school I was attending). I was sick of having to hear and deal with disrespectful people. Don't confuse it with me being bullied on (I handled that since Kindergarten).

The main issue ive seen in schools and families now is that the ADULTS do not play their part. Kids try to speak to adults now a days and they just tell the kid its part of life and brush them aside. Everyone needs to be treated differently.

I had a teacher that told one of the other kids to punch me in the head. When the other kid did I punched him and gave him a bloody nose. The teacher didnt say anything but I went to the principles office asap to tell him about this.

Later on in the day whos the one getting in trouble? ME! I did the honest thing and told the priciple things werent going to great and an actual teacher was playing part in it. I was suspended for 3 days. This is something thats common. I just about lost it once and pulled a knife on the teacher. Instead of taking me serious the school and its employees thought it was funny and poked fun. WEre talking people 40+ years old.

Point im trying to make is most of the time its not the childs fault. Teachers and school is a huge part of why things like this happen. Just seems like in this case it was the kids family.

Im lucky I had the patience and strong mind not to snap like the other kids you see in the news now a days have. Im out of school now so I made it through the suffering.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   

If these facts were already available thru the media, I'm sorry about posting them. I will keep my ears perked for any new facts and post them as fast as I can.

Ohio_Ron I would much rather get the facts from you than the media....I would Imagine the media would not be bias about such an awful thing but you know how that goes.

Thanks for keeping us updated, looking forward to hearing from you

[edit on 1/6/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'll echo earlier sentiments that some kids just take things too seriously these days... It's not like back in the day, when kids read Khalil Gibran and relaxed a little bit, taking time to get in touch with themselves.

What happened to searching for self-awareness? Public high schooling in America is dog-eat-dog for kids who can't hack it, and for the kids who can, it's a joke. I don't know how to immediately improve the system, but I think we need to emphasize the importance of tolerance, intelligence, creativity, discipline, and respect. Kids should be required to learn to play musical instruments.

This is all beside the fact, though, as far as this topic goes. This kid doesn't appear to be an outcast, and I'd like to know what the deal was with his grandparents and the money situation and everything.

Zip

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot

This is all beside the fact, though, as far as this topic goes. This kid doesn't appear to be an outcast, and I'd like to know what the deal was with his grandparents and the money situation and everything.

Zip

I just found this out. The money issue concerns a possible foreclosure on the farm due to back taxes of nearly $60k and the splitting of a complicated will left by the Great-grandmother. The foreclosure had been stalled due to the fact that the property is in an estate.

The issue with the grandparents has to do with the way they ran the farm. I believe Scott's mother and father wanted to modernize the farm, and the grandparents were reluctant.

Also, according to Bret Davidson, the friend who left at 6:00 a.m., he told Scott Moody's mother that he was leaving. She invited him to stay for breakfast, but he declined, citing the need to do his chores.

Initially, it was said that Scott killed his grandparents and his mother while they slept. So, apparently, his mother may have been awake when he killed her. More info later, as I receive it.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I was wondering if the kid was on any anti-depression/add drugs?

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Just a little update for ya...

The Logan County Sheriff's Department stated in a press conference on Weds. June 1st, that they were 99.5% confident that Scott Moody committed the murders, and that forensic testing results would not be available for another 2-3 weeks.

On another note, Paige Harshbarger (sp), the 14yr. old, was buried today, 06/03/05.

I have some lingering doubts as to what really happened!

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Insanity.

But gun control is not the issue. Kids of earlier generations had alot more guns than kids do now. In my Mother's day, most boys had BB guns, air rifiles, and when they became older, real guns. In earlier years, especially during the old west, alot of kids learned to shoot before they learned to walk. Yet we did not have school shootings until relatively recently. Obviously, guns aren't the issue.

Its the breakdown of society. Of basic human morality (not Christian morality, just human morality). The morals that taking life in cold blood are wrong. The morality that states that every human is responsible for his own actions, that every man must make choices and deal with consequences. The morality that says you cannot blame anyone but yourself for your failings.

But no, we live in a culture of victimization. Everyone wants to be a victim. Shrinks and sociologists are largely responsible for this. Youre not violent because youre a petty little punk. Its your parents fault. Your dad drank too much. Your mom didnt potty train you right. Your teacher is too overbearing. Blame everyone but you. Its not your fault. Youre a friggin victim.

Its all this fluffy psychobabble from the psychiatric industrial machine that feeds off created illness and disorders, that preaches irresponsibility and substandard character. It is the weakness of society that we buy into this crap. We do not discipline our children properly, to teach them boundaries. We do not make it clear enough the line between real and fake. We do not teach personal responsibility. If youre a jackass, go to therapy so you can blame everyone for your failings, take some pills, and draw pictures for your therapist so that they can claim you "cured".

Return personal responsibility and morality to people, and strengthen the all important family, and you get rid of the symptoms of sicla decay, such as this tradgedy.

IBM

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
I hope and pray the families of the victims and the community will learn from this. I hope we all learn from this.

Absolutely awful, you really gotta worry about what's causing American children to do these things.

"Don't raise your voice at my child"
"Don't tell my kid what to do"
"What? My kid hit you!! So..you can't hit him back"

STFU!!!!! I hate parents that say trash like that.
If your highschool child hits me....Im gonna knock him the hell out.
And if you want some after that, I'll knock you the hell out too!
Them parents deserve it for trying to justify thier kids HANUS actions.
=Don't blame Media and TV, blame parents and children.

[edit on 31/5/2005 by SportyMB]

Exactly, I agree. People need to stop making excuses for thier poor excuse of a child. Thats right I call them poor excuses for being a teenager.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
At 16, in Switzerland it is illegal not to own a gun if you are male. Nation of 6 Million people, homicide rate of less then 200 a year (by firearms). It's not them having guns that is the problem, it's the Society that causes it. Something is wrong with American and their Youth. It's that simple, no excuse for the children either. Which only helps to cause problems.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join