It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: High School boy goes on killing spree

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Sporty, are you a supporter of NRA?

You own a Gun?

You have a Loaded one in Your House?

Do you have any Children?

Do they have access to the Guns?

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Excellent points, if harshly worded, except you're missing a few things.

Here in CA, many of the actions you (and to be honest) I would equate with parenting and the teaching of "action=consequence" are considered "abuse or "neglect" and are crimes punishable by imprisonment, or worse.

Child Welfare services respond at any complaint, whether founded or not, from a child or neighbor, even anonymously. With police backup if they believe necessary.

A parent in that situation is considered "guilty until proven innocent". For the sake of the children, of course.

Yell at your child, no matter what the situation, you risk being accused of "verbal assault". Your kid beats up others at school because he's a big bully, and you decide he needs to learn what it feels like to be picked on unfairly, well-you get the idea.

Even threaten it and you're "harming his psyche.", or his spirit, or fung shui, or other hippy, Dr. Spock crap.

The Liberal run states, with their "no such thing as a bad person", nanny-state, "think about the children" mentality has created an America where parents are *afraid* to raise their children. In laws, their own children, every nosy holier than thou twit in society, are informers, forcing their value judgements on a parent. Your kid wants to have a raging temper tantrum at the mall, he/she knows you can't even grab their arm and drag them out. And if you punish them at home, well, dropping a dime works wonders. A few incidents, even proven unfounded, still show a "history" that an overzealous social worker drone will latch onto.

Sadly, a lot of parents find the only solution allowed by the Liberal states is that of medication. Don't teach em, drug 'em. Be good little drones. And no religion, because that's bad too. Don't want kids learning about consequences, or judgements or value. let the State do all your thinking. Church teachings might be considered intimidation and "unhealthy" if your child learns he/she can earn eternal damnation for being a selfish and mean person.

Yes, I have children of my own. And I work with a division that supports the Child Welfare system. I've seen the stormtroopers work. And it's all for *your own good*.

Originally posted by SportyMB
I hope and pray the families of the victims and the community will learn from this. I hope we all learn from this.

Absolutely awful, you really gotta worry about what's causing American children to do these things.

Young Americans think they have it bad...they assume that all is hell cause they broke up with thier b/g-friend who was thier first lay. They think that life is bad cause for the silliest of reasons and that it will never get better. They take stuff too personal sometimes and cannot accept constructive critisism from anyone parents, teachers or peers.

Parents, they along with the kids who do such violence are the ones to blame. It's an equal blame. Many parents do not teach thier children when they screw up and they do not allow the teachers to teach them either.

"Don't raise your voice at my child"
"Don't tell my kid what to do"
"What? My kid hit you!! So..you can't hit him back"

STFU!!!!! I hate parents that say trash like that.
If your highschool child hits me....Im gonna knock him the hell out.
And if you want some after that, I'll knock you the hell out too!
Them parents deserve it for trying to justify thier kids HANUS actions.

Parents, your kids are not angels. They do screw up and do many things behind your back that you would not approve of. How do I know this, Im in my early 20's. I am a Generation Xer, Im not that far ahead of all these teens who do things like this.

When they do screw up and act a fool in class and on the streets and parents find out about it....they go into "Denial" mode..."no not my kid".
The kid assumes he is right since his parents do not see anything wrong with it. That is the problem.

Many parents are good to go, but many parents are not.
They go into the "denial" category I stated above.
Wake up and smell the violence!!!!! Your child can watch blood and gore and play the worst shooting games out there, and if you are a good parent then he will be OK, but if you are a bad parent...it will reflect in your child.

Don't blame Media and TV, blame parents and children.

[edit on 31/5/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

No, I do not support them. Never have and never will.

You own a Gun?

No

N/A

Not that I know of

N/A

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
are you a supporter of NRA? no

You own a Gun? yes

You have a Loaded one in Your House? no, always seperate ammo from weapon, gun locks and a safe.

Do you have any Children? yes, a 5 y/o son and a 15 y/o niece in the house

Do they have access to the Guns? no

Children who grow up around guns are less likely to do something stupid. Remember, I said "less likely", there are some Darwin awards waiting in the wings. My niece has been hunting since she was 7 or 8 ad could clean a gun in the dark, and she listens to Marilyn Manson, should i be afraid????

I too wish he had the insight to off himself, but maybe the whole family was bieng abused and he felt he was the saviour? Maybe he was schizophrenic? Maybe he just got grounded and snapped??? I willbeleive anything other than the video game excuse. The Sad thing is there will be no voice from the family to try to explain or to help to comprehend a crime of this nature.

PS_ The guns and violence go hand in hand issue is old and beaten. Sorry, I would rather have my son watch the opening to Saving Private Ryan, than watch that Pokemon or any other of those 30 minute commercials. Does this mean he will be a maniac when he grows up? I think not....

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hmm, I remember a story EXACTLY like this a while back. The kid even murdered the same people, grandparents, mother, sister, and 2 friends. Curious..

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I wanna join the survey!!

Originally posted by Souljah
are you a supporter of NRA?

Nope.

You own a Gun?

I'm a fairly new owner of a .380.

Yes, it has a loaded magazine, but without a round chambered, and it's on safety. To shoot it, someone would have to find it (it's well hidden but not locked in a safe), take it off safety and c*ock (edit, hah, was censored) the slide.

Had a close call once. Whew!

I do not conceal-carry this gun, it is solely for home protection at the moment. Our apartment complex has had several robberies and home invasions.

Zip

[edit on 5/31/2005 by Zipdot]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Thanks for all the Answers!

I forgot to add another question to the list:

Why do You have a Gun in the House?

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'll bet good money this kid turns out to have been taking SSRI's or Ritalin, just like every other teenage spree killer to date. These drugs have unpredictable effects on kids, and I think SSRI's in particular ought not to be prescribed to teenagers.

I'll take the survey too

Yes, though I am by any other defenition a "liberal."

You own a Gun?

About a hundred of them actually. I inherited a huge collection (mostly WW1 & WW2 stuff) from my father, trying to sell most of them off now

No. They are all stored unloaded, with all the handguns in locked cases.
I don't need them for home defense, there are few break-ins around here, and I have a Maglite, should it come to that.

Nope.

N/A - but if I did have kids, I would make sure they recieved firearms safety training from a young age, just like I did. Kids and firearms can coexist safely, as long as the kids are trained properly on how to (and how not to) handle them. I do believe if kids are in the house, firearms ought to be kept in locked cases though.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

About a hundred of them actually. I inherited a huge collection (mostly WW1 & WW2 stuff) from my father, trying to sell most of them off now.

Gezus!

Thats Alot Of Gunz!

I suggest you Sell the most of them to some Collectors with Alot of $ - and ofcourse keep afew rare items for the "Hard Times".

I bet its a nice collection!

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm starting to sell them off, we really don't have the room to store them properly. It's a beautiful collection, most of them have all matching #'s and the like. The Lahti pistol and the Japanese Type 44 carbine are apparently among the finest examples on the planet (the Type 44 looks brand new), the SMLE WW2 UK sniper rifle alone is worth ~ $2k supposedly. Most of the money will go to paying my mom's mortgage, so I think my dad is up there somewhere pleased that he made some good investments

I am a bit of a WW2 nut, so I want to keep some of the real choice stuff, but I don't have the resources to properly store or maintain most of it.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Support NRA? Yes(I am a democrat, but this is one thing I support outside of the party, unlike republicans, democrats aren't considered traitors if they don't follow blindly the political views)
Own a gun? Several, shotguns, handguns, rifle
Loaded? Probably some of them are, IDK why they wouldn't be, I am not going to have time to get the ammo and the gun and load it up if someone breaks in/Bush calls for Martial Law.
Kids? No
Access? Even if they did, they would know not toys. You see, if you teach kids, they learn. If you just tell them all guns are bad, they use evil mind powers to make you commit crimes, they won't learn. It's like smoking a cig while telling your kid smoking is bad, tell them WHY it is bad, teach them, don't just tell them it is.

Why in home? Defense, target shooting, use to hunt but damn you have to get up early so stopped. Also, when I get 10,000 I am getting a anti-aircraft .50 caliber rifle with stand, case, cleaning equipment, so forth. Unless someone else buys it, but after 5 gun shows, it is still there.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
an interesting survey to answer.

Originally posted by Souljah
are you a supporter of NRA?

i am not a member but i do support what they do for the most part.

You own a Gun?

not right now but while i was growing up my father did, so i will ansswer from that perspective.

no ammo was never stored near the guns at all. but i did find it while i was young.

nope i don't atm, but as i said i am answering this from the fact that i was a child with guns in the house.

yes i did have access to them if i realy wanted to. i knew where both the guns and ammo were. so i could have used them if i had wanted to.

so yes i had access to both guns and ammo. did i EVER USE THEM? no i did not. i even had some rough times, but i didn't even considder the fact that those guns were there. i KNEW that i was not alowed to use them , and i rspected that. besideds i also knew that if i wanted a gun i could buy one at school. or at least be put into contact with someone who could supply my needs. guess what i never got to that point. i was strong enough NOT to sucumb to that paticular temptation.

aversely my mother and i were talking last week. she mentioned the fact that we had kids who not only were alowed to carry daggers but were told by the school authorities that they must be concealed, as they were considdered religious items. she went on to say how she was surprised that we dealt with it so well. at that point i told her that they were far from the only ones that were so armed. since these kids went about with knives (and a couple were a little bit on the overreactive side), that we were likewise armed. most kids had a knife or two on them in school at that time. after all if there was a chance of haveing a knife pulled on us we would be able to defend ourselves equily. now no one ever died from a stabbing or for that matter even got knifed. interesting since there were so many arround, don't you think? and yes we had some prety bad fights, but weapons like knives or guns were not ever used.

it all comes down to self controll in the end. self controll and knowing what is right or not. one thing that also needs to be remembered. at this point in time these people are considdered to be kids still, even at the age of 18. now in past times these same "kids" would have been doing the work, and have the responsibilities of an adult. they also would have been starting up their own families. so why are todays youth so stunted in their maturity? i will even admit that in my mid 20's i still felt myself as too immature to raise a family. why is this?what is the reason that today the age of maturity seems to have changed from the past?

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have a gun for self defense. Only reason.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
people ask why kids would do this...
well I tell ya... when i was a kid, blah blah blah...

since when did "crazy" require a reason?

that kinda defines crazy= having no logic...

this act has no logic other in the twisted little mind of a psycho who kills people...

sad and tragic...

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
xmotex

Best response in the thread.

I went to high school in a rural area..We all had guns..not IN school.
But a lot of them were kept in our cars..we went hunting after school.

None of us ever went Human hunting..We were taught respect for the weapon,,
and respect for the lives of others.

None of us were medicated either.

Pills cannot replace discipline.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
When I was in high school, here in Texas, I had a friend whose dad went to the same high school we did. In HIS day, he got mad at a teacher one day and drove up to the high school, blasting out some windows with a shotgun. He spent a couple days in jail and that's it...

He is currently the number 2 guy under the sheriff of the fastest-growing county in the U.S.

Times have changed...

EDIT Hmm, well a couple years ago it was the fastest-growing county. No longer, I guess.

Zip

[edit on 5/31/2005 by Zipdot]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I think this poll is getting WAY off of the topic.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
So far, this is the Picture and the current poll results:

5 people answered to the Poll.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Once again I will say that this is off topic. If you want to do a poll like this P@ATS is the place.

This is the news forum.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
*So is this the same kid who was a Nazi
*and posted a forum on a Nazi website about what he was going to do
*and that his grandfather was a cop. (Easy gun advantage).
*He was very disturbed.

*But he did'nt kill as much as Columbine, those guys were in a very Scarface tone; they wouldnt die because they took so many drugs and were bullyed (wich could have allso been a reason for the High School boy)
or his parents could have been abusive and thats what enviroment he was brought up in.
*As well as vilent video games were he could have adapted to them as you do when you grow up to your parents.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join