It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF the world went to war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
After watching 'Sum of all Fears'

And reading the news of the current administration, somethign worries me.

If a global event, related to international bickering broke out, someone dropped a bomb unexpecidaley, someone sank a aircraft carrier..

Do you trust Bush and his Admin to make the right decision in trying to Avert global conflict? would he make the correct decisions a US president SHOULD MAKE ?

remember back to the days of JFK when he averted war with russia over CUBA,

Do you have confidence in your president takign into account his previous actions?

[edit on 30-5-2005 by GlobalDisorder]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I remember when Kennedy averted war with the U.S.S.R. over Cuba. But J.F.K. could have just as easily been involved in a war with the U.S.S.R., it was that close. Essentially, the Cuban missile crisis came down to a position where someone had to blink first. Thankfully, Kruschev blinked. J.F.K. sure didn't seem like he was going to blink -- period. At the same time, don't rush and give the "shoe-wielding" leader of the Soviet Union any credit for "averting" WWIII. Old Nikita really didn't have any other option. Yes, he could have just clenched his teeth and pushed the button but the U.S.S.R. really wasn't in any position to get into a "shooting war........remember the term "missile gap"? The U.S. expressed their belief that the Russians were ahead of the U.S. in the number of missiles and warheads that they possessed. History revealed the opposite. The Americans had more missiles and warheads!

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Trust is something that most folks give out very little of. To answer your question, no. I trust noone, not even our president. So if world war broke out I guess we would all be sitting strattle of a burnt log in poop creek with no paddles. It will be up to us, the citizens to handle what happens to us next. Its sad to say most Americans are not prepared for such a war.
Alot of folks are starting to get there with the purchase of underground shelters and stocking up on drinking water and purifiers.
The media is working with drug manufacturers to cause mass anxiety..lol Sales of anxiety drugs sky rocket each year. Ever wonder what stock to buy??? Heck we could all be better off financially in five years after getting in on that action.
Movies I have to believe are made to better prepare us for things yet to come, so hang on tight..this is gonna be a rough ride.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GlobalDisorder
If a global event, related to international bickering broke out, someone dropped a bomb unexpecidaley, someone sank a aircraft carrier..

Do you trust Bush and his Admin to make the right decision in trying to Avert global conflict? would he make the correct decisions a US president SHOULD MAKE ?

Do you have confidence in your president takign into account his previous actions?

Your post doesn't really make sense...

Is there anyway you can clerify it a bit more?

Until clericfication:
If someone dropped a bomb (I'm assuming you mean nuclear), then the country responsible for dropping the bomb will rightfully pay for their actions by the country on whom the bomb fell. You think you can do that and get away with it? The world doesn't run that way.

If you want to avoid conflict......don't "unexpecidaly" (sic) drop a bomb...
Simple as that.

Again, maybe I'm missing what you're trying to say. Please explain further

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
BT,

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
I remember when Kennedy averted war with the U.S.S.R. over Cuba. But J.F.K. could have just as easily been involved in a war with the U.S.S.R., it was that close. Essentially, the Cuban missile crisis came down to a position where someone had to blink first. Thankfully, Kruschev blinked. J.F.K. sure didn't seem like he was going to blink -- period. At the same time, don't rush and give the "shoe-wielding" leader of the Soviet Union any credit for "averting" WWIII. Old Nikita really didn't have any other option. Yes, he could have just clenched his teeth and pushed the button but the U.S.S.R. really wasn't in any position to get into a "shooting war........remember the term "missile gap"? The U.S. expressed their belief that the Russians were ahead of the U.S. in the number of missiles and warheads that they possessed. History revealed the opposite. The Americans had more missiles and warheads!

The thing here was that Kennedy knew what cards Khruschev was holding. Furthermore, Khruschev knew that Kennedy knew the positions.

Kennedy knew the missile and bomber gaps were fake from the U2 flights.
Khruschev knew what Kennedy knew from the KGB's infiltration of almost all level of the US government and intelligence agencies.

Cheers

BHR

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It also used to be jsut the US and the USSR. You now have multiple large nations with nuclear capability and the need to defend themselves. YOu do not have to 'trust' your president. because if it happened, our country would go on autopliot and initiate plans that are already in place to defned ourselves.

Find a religion and pray if you are worried, if not, sit back and enjoy the ride.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If the world went to war, I believe that it would basically be a war of whose nuclear arsenal was the greatest. However, hopefully, countries would keep their agreements, and not use them. But, if they did, and the world went into a nuclear war, I'd say that there would be little hope for mankind, as I believe, together, the United States and Russia have a combined nuclear arsenal of around 50,000 nukes. And this is only how many that they report to the public. I'm prety sure that's enough to rid the world of life. I would NEVER trust the Bush Administration to make the right choices, because they have not been making the right choices for the past 4 years, so why would they start now?

Omniscient.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
And this has what to do with terrorism?
As already said, you can't drop a bomb on another counrty and expect to get away with it, and depending on the country you'd pay the price...

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Im not saying they'd get away with it.

It dosnt even have to come down to a bomb.

If USSR or China started placing ICBM's in saw Cuba, or some remote island in the atlantic, and threatend the USA,

Would you have enough confidence in Bush to be able to talk to his opposing leaders, and AVERT a nuclear war?

Or do you think he sleeps with the launch button under his pillow at night, preyin to god someone over steps the mark.

My point is, bush seems unable to make the right decisions, he seems unable to act on the right information, and unable to divide fact from fiction.

JFK during the cuba crisis sat down, sifted through everything bit by bit analyising it until he was certain he was making the BEST possible choice he could.

In the end everything the USA does comes down to bush. It all ends at him.

Frankly, I wouldnt trust bush to be able to calculate the correct change if i bought a 50c lolly and gave him a 1$ bill.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Well we have got to be realistic here.

The cold war is over.
Meaning......
There's not likely ever going to be a situation like the Cuba missle crisis again. Not this day and age. Neither Russia nor China is stupid enough to ever do anything like that (mainly because, there's no reason to). If by chance something like that did happen again it'd be because of years of tensions leading up to that point. The real question should be do we trust president ______ (

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I think that another country such as NK might use a nuke.now do we take it? or do we retaliate with a nuke? i think that the Bush Admin. will do whatever will line their pockets with more cash or give them more power.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Which is exactly what i fear is going to happen.
Bush wont think in the best interest of mankind, but in the best interest of himself and his cronnies

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Nexus,

Originally posted by Nexus
And this has what to do with terrorism?
As already said, you can't drop a bomb on another counrty and expect to get away with it, and depending on the country you'd pay the price...

I think you will find the US gets away with it all the time.

Cheers

BHR

top topics

join