It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Purported Zarqawi Tape Refers To Bin Laden Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Insurgent leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi suffered only a minor combat wound and called on Osama bin Laden to put an unspecified plan into motion, according to an audiotaped statement attributed Monday to the Jordanian-born terrorist. Al-Zarqawi pledged his allegiance to bin Laden in October. The United States considers him the most-wanted man in Iraq and has put a $25 million bounty on his capture or death.

www.cnn.com
CNN has not confirmed the voice on the recording is al-Zarqawi's. The statement was posted on an Islamist Web site that has carried previous messages from al-Zarqawi and his group, al Qaeda in Iraq.

In Washington, a spokesman said the CIA could determine the recording's authenticity in a few days.

The statement, addressed to bin Laden, says rumors that al-Zarqawi was wounded seriously enough in combat to seek treatment at a hospital in the western Iraqi city of Ramadi "have no truth in them."

"I am now, thank God, between my brothers and family in Iraq, and I am practicing the battle against the Crusaders," the statement says.

In the recording, titled "A Letter from a Soldier to his Emir," the speaker calls on bin Laden to give the signal to put an unspecified plot into action.

"I believe that the plan has already reached you or is on its way, and we are waiting for your instructions," the speaker says.

The speaker blasts President Bush as "the dog of the yellow skin" and calls Iraqi President Jalal Talabani a "Zionist-American" and "the enemy of God."

"I challenge you if you are a man, to walk down the street in any part of Iraq," the speaker taunts Talabani.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well now we know Zarqawi is well. What could this new plan be? Could it be an attack on America? What are your thoughts?

[edit on 30-5-2005 by digitalassassin]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   

"I challenge you if you are a man, to walk down the street in any part of Iraq," the speaker taunts Talabani.

Yeah, we would soon see how the actual Iraqi populous feels about him - and I bet that the overwhelming majority would be anti-Talabani (mainly because anyone with brains can see he is a lackey for big business, primarily American)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But as for confirming the speaker as Al Zarqawi, what about confirming Al Zarqari (PERIOD!)

I mean, are they even the same guy... And even if they are, does that prove that they actually exist?

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I think these videos are only made for us. Whether it's by Al Queda or the CIA or whoever, their only purpose is to heighten our 'threat awareness level'.

If Zarqawi wanted to send Osama a message, there's a dozen better and less public ways to do it. If it was a real message we wouldn't know about it.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
[edit on 31-5-2005 by digitalassassin]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

If Zarqawi wanted to send Osama a message, there's a dozen better and less public ways to do it. If it was a real message we wouldn't know about it.

So true. Why on earth would he pre-warn us of an attack? This is beginning to sound like the boy who cried wolf.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Mythatsabigprobe wrote:

But the "real" message isn't intended for OBL; it is intended for the muslim street.

For about 6 months now, the only tapes of OBL are obviously dated, and none seem to exist that were definitely made after the US election of 2004.

(It is widely assumed by intel that two tapes were made before the US election; one referring to a relected Bush; the other condemning "your new president Kerry." If true, then the last established date for OBL alive is back around the Democratic primary in June 2004---earlier if you think he ALSO made a "Dean tape.")

There are persistent rumors among islamofascists that OBL was already on dialysis, and probably had cancer as well. The rumors are that he has died of natural causes, or in a bunker-buster bomb dropped by the USA; the bomb obliterated his body, and US cannot confirm since there is no body.

I haven't gotten access to the original text yet; but this sounds like a carefully worded plea to OBL to produce a tape with specific instructions (date) to show the faithful that OBL is not only alive but answering his 'video mail.'

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Whether Bin Laden is alive or not is not the key issue.

The nature of the Islamic cells is their ability to initiate independent action.
I worry about the endless line of successors that the Muslim world is likely to provide.
If just 19 brought about 9/11, what of the uncounted streams that violate our borders everyday?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Public hints of non-specific threats and indeterminable plans are the M.O. of the Bush administration propaganda machine and the Dept of Homeland Security, not terrorist organizations.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Public hints of non-specific threats and indeterminable plans are the M.O. of the Bush administration propaganda machine and the Dept of Homeland Security, not terrorist organizations.

Right...and the terrorist attacks of ETA in Spain, which are also announced quite frequently, are done also by the Bush administration.... The Bush administration has a time machine which they have used to go to the past, before this administration ever existed, and proclaimed all those terrorist warnings by ETA on Spanish soil.....
(sarcasm off)

I wonder if Al Zarqawy is man enough to follow his own advice and walk by himself through the streets of Baghdag......

Riiight....he is a cowardly bastard like any other terrorist.

new topics

top topics

join