It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Sunday on FX......"Oil Storm"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
A title and a link? That's it?

At least explain how this is related to peak oil.

Or do you just want to talk about a cool movie over on BTS?

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It's official--first it was popping up on cable news for the past few months, then a story in USA Today a couple of days ago, and now it is "Peak Oil: The Movie" on Fox... Peak oil is officially being sold to America...

"Oil Storm" is a docudrama that tracks the disastrous effects of an oil shortage in the United States. Get out your tin foil hats....

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
double post...

[edit on 30/5/05 by lmgnyc]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
this looks good, is it a tv show or movie? I cant find a hole lot about it.

even the xfx site doesant have a hole lot on it.

.....................................................................................................................

it is a big what if this did happen thow. awile ago thair was a same kind
of movie about a small pox outbreak I think on the same chanel,that was
intresting and scary.

any way I cant wait to see it.

does aneybody have more info on it?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
its just like all of FX's other documentary/dramas... they had one on Yellowstone and its supervolcano... basically they have a fair portion of facts and evidence with a story fortelling what will happen when peak oil or the supervolcano goes off or what not... then they have a scientific explanation at the end where they go in depth and interview people and such. I think the catch line for the small pox one was something like: " [blahblah i forgot this part]... it just hasn't happened yet" or something along those lines... i liked the supervolcano one so i plan on tuning in for this one, the little ads look ok.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Just posting some kinda relevant info. Yeah, not exactly a peak oil subject but I figure if you're lurking around on these boards then this movie may appeal to you. Tv ads were kinda cool with the gas pumpers changing the prices of a gallon of gas at the station, the one shot it was up to like $7/gallon. Just sit back and imagine if/when that day should ever come. It would cost me $98 to fill up my 300m. Now that we have our grip nice and tight onto Iraq, I can't see that day ever happening.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
On TONIGHT AT 8PM EST. FX.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
too bad it's not on here, sounded intertesting. thatslife i guess.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
"I dont understand WHY you made a whole new thread just to add the time."

The idea was to put the info in a place where someone could see it immediately without entering a thread and searching thru posts.

On as I type this. It's a show about "What If" about a few tragedies that start an oil crisis. It's in documentary form so it's like you're watching 60 minutes and they did a story about this already happening though obviously it never did.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I just saw it, not bad. a lot like Supervolcano and Small Pox.

Here is what happens.

1. Huricane Season 2005 - a huge huricane hits the gulf and most of the oil refineries are destoyed.

2. Govt. released Strategic Reserves.

3. Saudi Arabia came to our aid and sells us more oil in our time of need.

4. The oil is being sent to HOUSTON to be refined ... there is a collision of 2 tankers and the port is closed.

5. Stock Market goes crazy and Oil jumps to 75$ per barrell

6. Saudi Arabia breaks out into Civil War because they are helping america... oil jumps even higher.

7. Everyone runs out of Oil, People freeze to death in Boston, The govt is spending a lot more on oil $55 vs. $89 per barrel... So they cut the farming subsidies up to 50%.

Now there is no food, no oil, the truckers are on strike, Saudi Arabia is in a Civil War, and ....

Well, it gets worse... but i won't tell you the ending.

Its a good movie, and it could happen...tomorrow!

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
..........bit of a stretch.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I am watching it now.........so far so good, and pretty interesting to boot.

Thanks for the reminder!

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I thought it was good. To me, it was less about the consequences of an oil crisis and more about our dependence and abuse of oil. A good message, in my mind.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Just saw a commercial, they are REPLAYING "Oil Storm" tonight at 8pm.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
It was put together pretty good,definitly worth watching.It might be a little of a stretch but all the events are realistic especially when you see the ripple effect one event has on the next.

Maybe this will open some peoples eyes here in america.That was definatly the shows intentions.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
*Remembers that he was going to watch it*

Damn I really wanted to see it. I think I was caught up with a new Family Guy episode that night. Well it sounded good from your reviews, maybe they'll show it again sometime.

top topics

join