It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the significance of the year 2012?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Byrd the Maya lived in Mexico and Central America the Equator is further south, as far as the Mayans they did present the matter of cycles with respect to ages. As well based there impressions of culture and religion upon spiritualism a mysticism.

The translation with respect term applied to the date in question is the "end of time" not "end of the calendar," to whit several cultures have such stories, are you suggesting such conclusions are the result of bad culture, bad science ect....

To be specific Byrd when the Archeologist can explain how sound Mayan sound technology works. Then and only then will I believe they have any idea of what they
are talking about (check my blog).

Sincerely Byrd, stranger than that this matter does exist. As any scientist will tell you nothing is impossible only improbable under certain conditions. To assume that science today has all the answers is at best improbable.

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
THANKS, ya'll, for the sites RE: 2012...

the best, i've found, as comprehensive & objective on the Maya & 2012 is:

webstation6.com...

Then there's a rich source of subjects & links, that i find astounding has not been mentioned before now...

www.mysteries-megasite.com...
~~~~~

pixilair, may be interested in this site, cause you can access Mayan - then access Black Holes, and if your one to 'connect the dots"...the epithany tingles up your spine- a 'kundilini fire' experience as it were!
The planet, indeed the solar neighborhood, is soon to be engulfed in a massive energy surge of gamma ray & x-ray, from the black hole (Sagittarius *A) at Galactic Center or a near by Super-Nova.
ERGO, the 2012 'sign post' date
ALSO, the Aquarius Age date was established by "NOONE"- - it too, is only a 'sign post' date.
~~~~~ and by 'coincidence' scripture is written by prophets, that states 'no one' will know the time of the end of the age.
``````
youall connect the dots. ay?

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pixilair
Whatever the correct year, is it true that the actual reason for the end of times is that a huge blast of some kind of energy that runs through the universe is gonna hit earth due to the planetary alignments?

I think some people believe that when this energy hits us the human race will become aware and enlightened, hence starting a new way of existance. Some even say that we may mutate!

Take care.

in december 2012, the sun will align with the rest of the universe. this only happens once every 12,000 years, and the last time this happens seems to be around the time humans started advancing. it could also be around the time atlantis was destroyed. there is a theory that atlantis is antartica without the ice. the alignment could cause the shifting of the north and south poles (which has been proven to happen, but still no explanation). this could cause natural disasters of an unseen proportion and could cause the next ice age.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Actually such disasters are possible but require alternative to what is actually alleged to occur at that time.

wwwesterni.unibg.it...

Attached is an example of the conditions which need to exist.

Such an alignment if correct would not cause this effect.

Would suggest that in reality the issue of 2012 is related potentially, to a substantial increase in the amount of Neutrino's.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
Actually such disasters are possible but require alternative to what is actually alleged to occur at that time.

wwwesterni.unibg.it...

Attached is an example of the conditions which need to exist.

Such an alignment if correct would not cause this effect.

Would suggest that in reality the issue of 2012 is related potentially, to a substantial increase in the amount of Neutrino's.

My personal conclusions are linked with the apparent increase of Neutrinos. Not that there are more neutrinos than previously, but that more will be percieved. That the neutrinos ossilate through energy levels, and the only neutrinos observable with our technology are within a certain range, that those within this range will appear to increase. But this may indicate the neutrinos "gravitating" toward this percievable range.

This idea is also linked with the understanding that the Mayan's knew the illusionary state of reality, naming themselves Maya to remind themselves that even they are an imagination of themselves. That their calendar was a means of detailing the wavelengths, plotting the ups and downs of ignorance to the truth. The dark ages of the concluding cycles where we currently believe reality to be real, totally immersed in the illusion that we see nothing else if we do not believe it is real.

The trip of it is science trying to confirm and understand the smallest particles of the universe. As they become visible to science, they can become known by all, made real. And at the end of the calendar, we will have made real all that was illusionary, proved it and come to understand it, incorporating it into our models of the universe.

Personally, I feel that neutrinos are the partic-ular existence of thought patterns. The cycles being invisible and sunconscious, where we can note their influence, but not percieve the singularity. Conscious visual imaging, where we can "see" the contents of the wave detailed from the inside. And spark, where the thought was shared, being visible as a singularity, but outside the knowing of its contents.

I see this idea interplay into the Mayan end date as the revealing of the thoughts, once we have proven thoughts to be real and of substance, we will understand how they, as particles, affect and direct the universe. Then we will know it is all an illusion that we create ourselves, and direct with our thoughts, and we all realize the creators of our own realities.

[Edited on 19-8-2003 by Satrina]

[Edited on 19-8-2003 by Satrina]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Read the White Horse prophecy. I am St. Joseph and the world will not end it will be a rebirth of good and all will be pure again. Love will rule the world.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Quicksilver

the bibel also says the earth is only 6000 years old, and was created in seven days, by a man in the sky......

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
u know i jstu realized this today. THe Isreal palastine "roadmap" is to be finish on 2005 with a treaty signed by palastine and isreal. And according to the christian bible says the treaty would last 7 years 2012

Interesting! Though The Bible also state no man will know the day and hour and the Mayans predicted the 21st Dec. Still looking into the 2005 treaty now for more info,cheers for this.

To OP as said in a few posts above,here are many who know the 2012 theory to the tee,i for one do not believe the world will end.

The Maya civilization were natural borne astrologers in history,the fact they could recognize constellations,cycles,spots etc before the telescope and modern day equipment is wow ,and i think their hieroglyphs dates back to 400BC,most likely even more.

If you read on today's astrology sites ,simple example NASA,they also predict a cycle shift with our star somewhere in 2012.So these Maya's knew something we don't or they had help ,or maybe they just used brain power we cut ourselves off to.

Imo i take it that they worshipped a diving god and the Sun among other gods as Egyptians did, and the Mayans calculating every cycle,occurrence,event with the Sun they could have taken things more serious calculating something was going to happen with their god,not? Or people of today just expanded 2012 with their own beliefs,theories.

Then you get it from Nostradamus scholars who will explain to you how he predicted a disaster in 2012,so does the Bible Code book.

In the end we should turn to earth's scientists and astrologers of today and hope they get it right ,if they predict a cycle shift in 2012 they are probably correct like they say.If they come with alignment stories that could lead to some disaster i would admit i did not believe 2012.To me this sudden world wide media headline spur to fight climate change is more concerning ,maybe we end before 2012.

See you when we get there.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
2012 is the year that New Age will be introduced by U.N.
www.aquaac.org...

U.N. tries to rule us, but time continues.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I can't wait for 1st January 2013 when people will have to find something else predicting the end of the world.

If the Mayans were all that bright - where are they now?

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
u know i jstu realized this today. THe Isreal palastine "roadmap" is to be finish on 2005 with a treaty signed by palastine and isreal. And according to the christian bible says the treaty would last 7 years 2012

you might have something if they renew peace from this Annapolis Summit.

because then, if you add 3 & 1/2 years to 2005, you get 2008 and 1/2. So this would mean next year the treaty would be broken, and the next 3 and 1/2 years will be the other half of it, with our next President (anti christ maybe).

But the war that will break out when "peace" is broken would have to be some serious stuff if what weve seen in the Holy Land is "peace" right now, lol.

then all you atheist are gonna fry! im JOKING@! you'll gain redemption!

[edit on 11/27/2007 by runetang]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
i have a problem and my family and friends all thimk im crazy,but now they are just scared of me.i can see the images from home ,home is not here. I have a solution but i dont know what it means. Images of a bridge and a math solution and new caculatiuon.HELP!!

Michael Hudkins

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join