It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Policy Shift Possible in US Global War on Terror

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
WASHINGTON, DC: A published report says the Bush administration has initiated a top-level internal review of its anti-terrorism policy, with the aim of moving away from hunting al-Qaida leadership and towards a broader strategy of dealing with violent extremism.
www.voanews.com...

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by finnman68
WASHINGTON, DC: A published report says the Bush administration has initiated a top-level internal review of its anti-terrorism policy, with the aim of moving away from hunting al-Qaida leadership and towards a broader strategy of dealing with violent extremism.
www.voanews.com...

Must not be many Al Quieda left?

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

A published report says the Bush administration has initiated a top-level internal review of its anti-terrorism policy, with the aim of moving away from hunting al-Qaida leadership and towards a broader strategy of dealing with violent extremism.

You can tell this is building up to an invasion into Iran...

Think about what violent extremism is - Couldn't George W's gung-ho aproach to 'eliminating' terrorism be seen as 'violent extremism' - A war being both violent and extreme... I will bet everyone on ATS $100 that the US and FoxNews will now begin to say "Oooh, Al Quada now has a strong presence in Iran, and the Iranian Ayatollahs aren't doing squat - so we're gonna do something about it..."

A 'broad' strategy - meaning; fighting the 'terrorists' more broadly - isn't going to stop 'extremism' - its going to create more... The agrument of fighting it more broadly will solve the problem; is like saying - The more we starve someone, the less hungry they will become...

The Washington Post in its Sunday edition says the new strategy has evolved as al-Qaida has become increasingly decentralized since the attacks of September 11, 2001.

Here is a fundamental thing to understand - al-Quida was NEVER centralised in the first place, al-Quida is a extremely broad word used to describe the majority of Islamic terrorism... And the nature of al-Quaida is that they work is small self-sufficiant cells, with very little actually tieing them to other cells, or other organisations... But I think if anything, 9/11 would have caused the 'terrorists' to become more organised, more on the defensive, and on a whole more of a threat...

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldierYou can tell this is building up to an invasion into Iran...

Once again, the US will not invade Iran - There is no need to invade, we dont have to hold it.

I have a good idea what we will do and it doesnt involve Ground troops at all.. Unless of course the Iranians try to come into Iraq.....

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

White House officials tell the newspaper a new anti-terrorism model must emerge to cope with the rapid global spread of pro-al-Qaida Islamic jihadists.

Officials say hitting al-Qaida in Afghanistan after the 2001 attacks was a logical tactical maneuver. But they say the new leadership among terror groups is difficult to target as they adapt and blend into multiple societies.

This is basically admitting the war on terror is a mistake and is lost.

[edit on 30-5-2005 by Moretti]

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
So the boogie man is no more?

First Bin Laden, then Al Queda (wink wink) I'm sure that the monster being developed is much more horrific and less mythical-like than the previous ones. I cant wait

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Says a lot doesnt edsinger.
They no longer want to capture the most watned man on the planet..
Bin Laden,

And I wonder if Zarqawi will become nothing neweither.

And gee, only today did Zarqawi realease a tape instructing binladen to go ahead with its plan to attack the US.

yep, all the cards are falling exactly into place

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I don't think it's really a policy or strategy shift. We've said from the beginning that we will fight all terrorists and those who harbor them, no matter where they are. I think doing something about Iran is more logical than invading Iraq, even though I supported that action and still do. Iran's fingerprints were all over the terrorist attacks in Beirut against US Marines. Not to mention the attacks in Saudi Arabia in the 90's that were largely ignored by our liberal rapist of a Commander-in-Chief. Iran clearly supports and exports terrorism. They are clearly seeking weapons of mass destruction, and are already likely in posession of chemical and biological weapons. They oppress their people and clamp down on free speech. They cause violence and instability in neighboring Iraq. If there ever was a regime worthy of invasion, it'd be Iran for sure. But, of course, all you "peaceful" left-wing radicals LOVE Iran for their constant hate speech against the US and Israel. How I wish I could buy all of you some one-way tickets to Iran so you can enjoy the great benefits of living under the Ayatollahs. Better yet, maybe you'd prefer to go to North Korea where the majority of international food aid is given to their million+ troops! You'll love the three television and radio stations that are pre-programmed into all the TV's and radios sold in the country. You and your kids can sing jolly songs about your great leader Kim Jong Il!!! If you get hungry, just follow the crowds heading to the local cemetary to dig up their dinner.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I don't think it's really a policy or strategy shift. We've said from the beginning that we will fight all terrorists and those who harbor them, no matter where they are.

Does that include the US governement and it's CIA terrorist employees ? Or the governements harboring one of the largest terror groups in the middle east, the MKO ? Does it include the Israelis who routinely target civilians, including the murder of at least 150 children over the past year alone? Does it include the US governement when it purposefully bombard civilian installations ? Does it include John Negroponte, involved in the finance of ecuadorian death squads ?

These all do fall under the current definition of "terrorism".

Iran clearly supports and exports terrorism. They are clearly seeking weapons of mass destruction, and are already likely in posession of chemical and biological weapons. They oppress their people and clamp down on free speech. They cause violence and instability in neighboring Iraq. If there ever was a regime worthy of invasion, it'd be Iran for sure.

Would you kindly provide evidence for these claims ?

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

But, of course, all you "peaceful" left-wing radicals LOVE Iran for their constant hate speech against the US and Israel. How I wish I could buy all of you some one-way tickets to Iran so you can enjoy the great benefits of living under the Ayatollahs. Better yet, maybe you'd prefer to go to North Korea where the majority of international food aid is given to their million+ troops! You'll love the three television and radio stations that are pre-programmed into all the TV's and radios sold in the country. You and your kids can sing jolly songs about your great leader Kim Jong Il!!! If you get hungry, just follow the crowds heading to the local cemetary to dig up their dinner.

Well put and to the point, I think these Tulipwalkers actually love to 'speak' ill of their own nations, eaten up with conspiracy theories and such. To them the freedom that we have here is great to speak out against, especially on a day in which we honor those who died to give them that right. I would gladly donate to help buy plane tickets on the condition they are one way only.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

But, of course, all you "peaceful" left-wing radicals LOVE Iran for their constant hate speech against the US and Israel. How I wish I could buy all of you some one-way tickets to Iran so you can enjoy the great benefits of living under the Ayatollahs. Better yet, maybe you'd prefer to go to North Korea where the majority of international food aid is given to their million+ troops! You'll love the three television and radio stations that are pre-programmed into all the TV's and radios sold in the country. You and your kids can sing jolly songs about your great leader Kim Jong Il!!! If you get hungry, just follow the crowds heading to the local cemetary to dig up their dinner.

Well put and to the point, I think these Tulipwalkers actually love to 'speak' ill of their own nations, eaten up with conspiracy theories and such. To them the freedom that we have here is great to speak out against, especially on a day in which we honor those who died to give them that right. I would gladly donate to help buy plane tickets on the condition they are one way only.

the ol' "if you don't agree with my views, leave" argument. very american of you.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by enomusthe ol' "if you don't agree with my views, leave" argument. very american of you.

Well if the shoe fits?

If it is so bad, then leave. I am not asking them to, but surely they can find paradise in the land of something, not this nasty ol corrupt US of A.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
America is only in demise becuase of sheep such as yourself, feeding of your administrations lies, and calling it fact, and liberty!

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GlobalDisorder
America is only in demise becuase of sheep such as yourself, feeding of your administrations lies, and calling it fact, and liberty!

Demise?

You aren't French are you?

Sheep, yeah I am a sheep but not in that manner, I have a different Shepard.

It is the Tulipwalking mentality that has caused the directional turn in this country.

It changed directions the last time the Tulipwalkers were in charge, it took a man like Reagan to do it though.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   

That's great ! I'm currently planning my holidays in Iran this summer.

www.iranchamber.com...
www.iranembassy.de...
www.irpedia.com...
www.iranchamber.com...
www.irantrip.com...

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GlobalDisorder

Demise?

You aren't French are you?

Sheep, yeah I am a sheep but not in that manner, I have a different Shepard.

It is the Tulipwalking mentality that has caused the directional turn in this country.

It changed directions the last time the Tulipwalkers were in charge, it took a man like Reagan to do it though.

What's with the term 'Tulipwalkers'
, it's pretty lame.

The tulip is the symbol of perfect love and trust, what are the neo-cons then? Crap weeds?? Actually, I guess your 'Snapdragons' which are the symbol of deception (thou it sounds tough doesn't it Biff?
dragons and all...
) .

[edit on 30-5-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moretti

Cool! I bet you will have a grand time also. They are very friendly people and you should have a good time. Just be wary of the subjects you talk about or ask, especially if you are Western.

The Iranians I know, I like a lot and they do not like the Mullahs one bit.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moretti

Cool! I bet you will have a grand time also. They are very friendly people and you should have a good time. Just be wary of the subjects you talk about or ask, especially if you are Western.

The Iranians I know, I like a lot and they do not like the Mullahs one bit.

I bet they have no idea what kind of hatemonger you are.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Whats this tulipwalker c**p?

Sounds like a schoolyard kids attempt at hurting feelings.

Your country has fallen victim to the tulip walkers way of life?
Whys that,
because it is the minority of americans such as yourself that agree slaughtering muslims is the correct thing to do?
You got hurt, so you deserve to hurt them back.
doesnt matter if it wasnt them. Theyre all the same.. right?

Edsinger you should go on holiday in Iran, walk around in your american flag tshirt, with your baseball cap on slurping on a MCd's thickshake chanting DEATH TO IRAQ!

Id love to see that!: D

I aint French/Yank/Aussie/English eitehr
soo keep trying!

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Must not be many Al Quieda left?

No one would be navie enough to think that. Al Quieda isnt the only extremist group that threatens our way of life. The Bush admin is simply taking heed of this fact. Bin ladin might be the face of terroism but the greater dangers lies lurking hidden from our attenion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join