It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlestar Galactica

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I was wondering...there were alot of references to Earth being a lost colony and that the ancients came from earth etc. Ok i know it was a sci fi show, but do you think that the underlying messages were an attempt at some form of disclosure? Just a wild thought past midnight here in England !!

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
~Battlestar Galactica~......was written by Mormon Church members. (they believe in other planetary life you know)

MANY biblical referances in the show....MANY Book of Mormon referances in that show. That was done on purpose I am sure.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
i have many times been thinking about the possibility that earth may be a lost colony/outpost of an ancient spacefaring species. i believe that both earth and the universe is a lot older then previously believed. but who knows. we will probably never know for sure anyway.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Written by the Mormons? I hadn't heard that. but maybe that explains this video

Battlestar Glactica eurythmics missionary man

I love the show, very smart drama not often shown today on TV.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

OMG I love BSG!! I was just thinking about posting a topic on it. Well, more like...

BSG and the collective conscience...

I was thinking about battlestar mostly because its Friday.

But some of the story seems to ring true. Or maybe I'm just a crazy fan of Head6.

Dax

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
This is old, but I found the previous posts accurate in the Mormon influence on the show. I love BSG more than Dwight from the office. I kept thinking throughout the show how this was a possible explanation of how humanity might have been formed.

I have read Zecharia Sitchin translations of Sumerian beliefs on humanities origins. I am a believer in ancient aliens alongside the millions of others that share that belief.

What I found most intriguing, something that is constantly overlooked by ancient alien researchers is this:

According to Zecharia Sitchin, God, or as the Anunnaki put it (the creator of all), had a mysterious hand in humanities salvation and eventual integration with Anunnaki bloodlines.

In BSG The Cylons and humans share the last stop, (earth), they encounter an indigenous population of naturally evolved humans, much like the Sumerian accounts tell. The astonishment of the supposed ancient astronauts could be similar to what the show depicts. The fleets leadership is happy that they can reproduce with the native, primitive new earthlings. They say their DNA is compatible with the old humans.

The same was said by the leadership of the Samarian pantheon. That is why Lord Enki was inclined to attempt to fuse their DNA with the earthlings.

BSG has many references to the bible and other works of faith. It tries to shed light IMO about where the "gods" got the idea of being "gods". Even in Zecharia Sitchin translations, they mention how the gods were puzzled at how their fellow astronauts pretended to be gods!. They all fell in line since at the time tensions were high amongst earth settlers and they needed the muscle earthlings provided. Armies were supposedly being formed and given weapons of the gods to fight the gods.

Prometheus and other myths come to mind. The movie Prometheus couldn't be more about disclosure IMO.

Imagine though. Maybe not BSG and Cylons. But still, what if greys are an ancient enemy of our founders /engineers.

What if we are all that is left of an ancient civilization that made earth its grave but before going into oblivion, they gave us the seeds of civilization.

Like in BSG, when Lee Adama and his dad are talking about NOT building cities, and trying to start from scratch,

It could be said that what our ancestors left behind, was considerable. They might not have left us behind considering the sacrifice they supposedly made. They probably just integrated into our population, being genetically similar.

I was thinking of the last episode of BSG as well at the end, when the two "spirit" beings that had been communicating with Dr Balthazar and Caprica 6 are observing the world (our world) 150,000 years later. I think back again to what Zecharia Sitchin translated as the gods at the end of the last tribulation and fall of the gods,(Enil, and Enki) are talking about all that happened and remember the divine hand of fate and their amazement with it. It seems every player in our origin was lead by the hand of fate. Their destiny slave to the fate that a "God" or force of nature guided.

If you have some time, try reading Zecharia Sitchin lost book of Enki. Take special notice to the messenger form Anu, that tells the Anunnaki they cannot return to Niburu since they have grown accustomed to earth and would die on Niburu. This figure also saves mankind by his intervention. (during flood)

The "gods" acknowledge the figure to have been an angel or messenger of the creator of all. They held spiritual beliefs. Much like BSG, the leaders were struggling with the core of spirituality and morality. Judgment and salvation.. LIFE

I love BSG. I am a F-ing nerd- I don't care.

If you can watch BSG and enjoy a great story that many will find relevant and entertaining.

Fracking do it!

edit on 19-6-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I like thinking about how little we mean, how small we are, and how common life can be in the universe.

Now, precisely about BSG I don't know, there are also other references of all sorts in many shows or films.

Fact is, it is not even by thinking how older than what we think the universe could be. It is simply about thinking how young we are. Cosmologically speaking.

We have now been able to detect planets around other stars. This is something that we have done a mere 20 years ago only. We have been able to detect that some stars that are up to several billions of years older than the sun could have planets. Planets where life could be possible.

Even a few millions of years. What is one million years compared to our ridiculously short history on earth? The "human" has just a few dozens of thousands of years of existence. The humans do science for just a few thousand years. We do proper research for just about several centuries. 200 years ago, flying was a miracle, photography didn't exist, computers were unthought of.

43 years ago, humans send some of their human companions to the moon, just 384000Km away, with machines that had less power than the average telephone today.

What can the future be?

Gifted is the one who can say when, but some things are just about certain:
- we will, one day, travel in to space. Not just the moon or Mars, I'm talking other stars. Who knows... other galaxies ?
- we will have contacts with other civilisations (well, actually we had already)
- humans will spread to other planetary systems
- etc.

Imagine in just one century what the humans have been able to achieve in terms of technological leaps, and imagine what the few millions of years ahead of us could bring. They will bring advances that we are simply unable yet to imagine, far less even understand!

new topics

top topics

join