It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A movie about abortion I Dare you to see!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
This film on abortion is to show one the truth as to whether they feel pain while being butchered but it is not 'live' it is the aftermath only.

The truth?
Forgive me, but how can we be shown their pain if it's aftermath only?

So can anyone explain to me how someone can even deem this topic sexual in any fashion what so ever? I am serious, how?

I don't think it ever was deemed sexual in any fashion, but likened to extreme sexual videos. This video is an extreme, such as snuff films and the like. It's an anology, perhaps not perfect, but still illustrates the extreme nature of the video.

As to the fetish reference, it could be addressing how eager or excited some could be to throw another video out there to try and convert the pro choice masses. Who knows.

[edit on 30-5-2005 by parrhesia]

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Fair enough reasoning....I might not agree with it but if you will say shock film then I would be more likely to agree. A snuff or rape film is not for shock but for someone very sick viewing for pleasure and the abortion film was in no way meant to be pleasurable to view, quite the contrary, and the MC states that at the very start.

As for the not actual, the video clearly show the expression and the size of the fetus and the methods, the rest doesn't need to be shown.

The point of the film is to show that these are not parasites nor inanimate objects , but little people. The methods used to kill them are barbaric. And yet it is legal, so it compares it to Hitlers final solution. It is to not surgercoat what prochoicers advocate, the truth about abortion.

[edit on 30-5-2005 by edsinger]

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
If shocking ppl is the only way to make ppl realize how bad it is then so be it. I dont care weather it shocked you or disgusted you. Infact it should disgust you. You should be disgusted by the very fact that this is happening.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

It is to not surgercoat what prochoicers advocate, the truth about abortion.

Then let's not suggar coat it.

The truth about abortion is not in the method used to carry it out.

The truth about abortion is that it is deplorable.

Deplorable because of the need for it.

Deplorable that a teenager got pregnant because she or her partner (more likely both) did not get any sex education before puberty and becomming active.

Deplorable that women are the victim of violence resulting in an unwanted "souvenir"; and

Deplorable that economic circumstances and educational levels are barriers to raising a healthy and loving family.

What is even more deplorable IMO are people who have not walked in the footsteps of others willing to increase the indignity by imposing a choice on them as if they were somehow incapable of deciding a question of personal morality for themselves.

Making abortion illegal to restrict access and make criminals out of people will not eliminate the need for them.

[edit on 5/30/2005 by Gools]

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
OK Gools all good reasons for the 'act of an abortion' I guess, but are any of those the fault of the young one? Should they be killed becuase of someone else's screw up?

What is the difference between a oven in Germany and a clinic in Detroit?

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
There is no need for abortion Gools. There is always the other A word.
ADOPTION!

I know what its like Gools. I was almost murdered(aborted)

If those dumbass teenagers dont want to get pregnant they shouldnt be going around and screwing every hot babe they can. This is what it leads too. Children are a responsibility. Sex is a responsibility. "Complications" is just another word for getting off the hook for your responsibility.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   

OK Gools all good reasons for the 'act of an abortion' I guess, but are any of those the fault of the young one? Should they be killed becuase of someone else's screw up?

What is the difference between a oven in Germany and a clinic in Detroit?

What you speak of in Germany is genocide. Plain and simple.

It's the systematic eradication of a whole group of people, ethnic, religious or otherwise. The intent is to be rid of all of them because they are what they are.

What you speak of in a clinic in Detroit is a woman excerising her freedom to chose whether she carries a fetus to term or not.
The doctor is not aborting a fetus with the intent of eradicating all fetus' in all pregant women.

The suggestion and comparison is silly and nonsensical.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
If shocking ppl is the only way to make ppl realize how bad it is then so be it. I dont care weather it shocked you or disgusted you. Infact it should disgust you. You should be disgusted by the very fact that this is happening.

Do you realize the U2U you just sent me effectively (nay directly) called the significant women in my life (including my mother) a whore and me a murderer?

Despite what I thought was the beginnings of a rather mature private exchange of greater understanding where you started with your sob story of almost being "murdered" by your mom so that I felt comfortable enough to share my own history.. you come back murderer and whore?

You'd be banned on the spot (and permanently I might add) for sending that # to anyone else and I'm still considering it.

Since your little Christian snuff film has obviously made you lose your God damned mind, I'm closing this thread while I think about what you've done. And I'm deleting the video link and there will never be anything even CLOSE to what you've posted here ever allowed anywhere on ATS again. We'll call it Croat's law (possibly posthumously) based on the fact that immature children obviously can't handle anti-abortion Christian videos without losing all sense of reason and decorum or retain enough sense to know who the # to not call a murdering whore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join