It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India, US join hands to make futuristic soldier

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld warned on Friday that China's failure to match economic freedoms with democratic reforms could raise tensions and undermine its growing influence in the world.

"We anticipate that the relationship with India will continue to be strengthened. With respect to China, it's not completely clear which way they are going because you have the tension I characterised between the nature of their political system and the nature of their economic system," he told reporters.

Even now, China does not appear very receptive to what could be key areas of military cooperation with Washington, including joint search and rescue missions, said Blumenthal, now with the conservative American Enterprise Institute.

"India clearly is a major power ... It has a democratic political system. It has a relatively free economic system. We have what I would characterise as an excellent relationship with India. From a mil-to-mil (military-to-military) standpoint, it has improved and strengthened every year," Rumsfeld said.

While China's economy has opened up, "their political system is less free and I suspect that over a period of some years there will be a tension there.They will grow less fast and they will be a less influential country," he said.

Full article....

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Australia steps up anti-spy monitoring of Chinese

The biggest concern, they said, was a new push by China in recent years to gather intelligence on military-related technology and strategic policy secrets.

"China would be the biggest now by a fair way," said one source, who said Chinese spies now outnumbered Russian agents who were previously Australia's biggest epsionnage concern.

"They have built up their capabilities over the last 10 years and are more aggressive in their activities," the source was quoted as saying.

China has one of the largest diplomatic corps in Australia, with 40 registered diplomats.

Chinese-Australian ties were strained in 1995 by revelations that the embassy in Canberra had been bugged as part of a joint US-Australian operation.

The new counter-espionage unit has been set up within the Australian Security and Intelligence Organisation (ASIO), the government's main intelligence agency, and is already operational, The Australian said

Bad news for you Chinawhite ???

To seekerof : Only articles from reputed sources have been posted and no foul language has been used.

[edit on 4-6-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
why would i care about what rumfields thinks. i dont care if china spys on australia. i doesn't bother me the slightest

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
why would i care about what rumfields thinks.

For all practical purposes he runs the world does'nt he ?

i dont care if china spys on australia. i doesn't bother me the slightest

I thought you said you live in australia. I wont be surprised if they suspect you.

No just kidding, no offense meant

M6D

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disturbed Deliverer

do you know how much foriegn companies invest in china. $50bil. the government invest a lot more than that.

And American soldiers wouldn't have to patrol anything. The role of a conqueror is not the same as that of a peacekeeper. America has no need to play nice with the Chinese population.

And I really wonder how the Chinese would respond after we destroyed a few of their major cities completely. It worked pretty well for the Mongols, after all.

Its like vietnam but a lot larger. you would need at least 12million+ garrison troops

No it's not. In Vietnam we faced an enemy that could hide in the jungles, and launch attacks on American troops who were only allowed to patrol certain areas, then run back to hide behind imaginary lines.

Their nation was never overrun, so it was far easier to supply their troops and keep fighting. They were also supported by outside forces, such as Russia and China.

America was fighting a defensive war run by politicians. It would be nothing like a war with China.

id like to see you get away with that numbnuts, ever heard of two things, geneva convention and the media, way to ho showing american ignorance, despite how big your country is, youd never get away with war crimes to that scale, id like to see you try and kill civilians though, scumbag, you disgust me

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
i think he means if a hitler type of person was running america.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by M6D

Originally posted by Disturbed Deliverer

do you know how much foriegn companies invest in china. $50bil. the government invest a lot more than that.

And American soldiers wouldn't have to patrol anything. The role of a conqueror is not the same as that of a peacekeeper. America has no need to play nice with the Chinese population.

And I really wonder how the Chinese would respond after we destroyed a few of their major cities completely. It worked pretty well for the Mongols, after all.

Its like vietnam but a lot larger. you would need at least 12million+ garrison troops

No it's not. In Vietnam we faced an enemy that could hide in the jungles, and launch attacks on American troops who were only allowed to patrol certain areas, then run back to hide behind imaginary lines.

Their nation was never overrun, so it was far easier to supply their troops and keep fighting. They were also supported by outside forces, such as Russia and China.

America was fighting a defensive war run by politicians. It would be nothing like a war with China.

id like to see you get away with that numbnuts, ever heard of two things, geneva convention and the media, way to ho showing american ignorance, despite how big your country is, youd never get away with war crimes to that scale, id like to see you try and kill civilians though, scumbag, you disgust me

geneva convention? you think china follows it? if china dont follow the convention does the US can choice to follow it if they want. The media? The war would be so bad they wouldnt want to be around plus you think the censoring would be worse in iraq of both wars, the news would be nothing but propaganda aka like the ww2 media was on both sides.

War with china would effect the media and population much like ww1 and ww2 rather than vietnam and iraq. For a war between china and the US would be a world war were the loser pays big time and the winner knows all.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
china does follow the geneva convention. in the korean war the americans treated the chinese soldiers like shiet while the chinese treated them very well.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   

this american superioty is being built up facing third world countries america hasn't faced the full-burnt of a military war machine ever since its independence.

If america hasnt fought the full brunt of a military force since it independence then what do you call world war II. Japanese war machine was crazy. Meanwhile your great country china was gettin slapped around by the chinese.
So much for the indescribable chinese war machine

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker

this american superioty is being built up facing third world countries america hasn't faced the full-burnt of a military war machine ever since its independence.

If america hasnt fought the full brunt of a military force since it independence then what do you call world war II. Japanese war machine was crazy. Meanwhile your great country china was gettin slapped around by the chinese.

wow the japanese war machine. america out-classed japan in inovation and production. and the western front in ww2 againest germany . the russians took over 70% of the german army by itself for over 3 years

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

Originally posted by M6D
i have to ask, whats with the problem against china?

a burning desire to avenge the humiliation of 1962 and win back all the territories that China stole from India after launching a surprise war against an unprepared India soon after India had signed a freindship pact with the latter.

Ironic how it was an Indian man and one of its greatest leaders (Ghandi) that once said, "An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind."

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Gandhi was one fo the worst leader in history.

It was sloely because of his crappy views on secularism and universal brotherhood and policies that india has ended up with so many muslims in it. It would have been so easy to declare india a hindu nation and send all the remaining muslims to pakistan at the time of partition. But this naive non-violence loving man had to intervine and spoil the party.

His faithful apprentice Neheru refused to use the powerful indian air in the 1962 war on the grounds of non-violence !!

Although Gandhi must be revered for his sacrifice and goodness, his actions never yeilded any good result (both short term and long term).

Thus his assasination is fully justified.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker

wow the japanese war machine. america out-classed japan in inovation and production. and the western front in ww2 againest germany . the russians took over 70% of the german army by itself for over 3 years

while russia was fighting the army the us and british were bombing the factories which made russian's fight easier without the bombings it would have been a different war for russia. if it wasnt for the US and brits china would still be under japanese rule! plus what wars has china fought and won? tibet! ww2? no. korea? no vietnam? oohhh china wasnt in that one lol yeah right! no. oh the 1962 war with india? so what super power has china fought? no one.

China is even more unproven in war than the russians are let alone the US which has been engaging in fighting, oh if you didnt know that a veteran military always kicks the crap out of a green army ask the french.

M6D

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
great, so now we have a chinese egotist, a indian egotist, an a big american egotist, id hate to break it to you yet again about how america isnt oh so as powerful and great as you think, you phrase your comments on about how china hasnt won any wars like YOU won them, despite the fact that korea wasnt won by anyone, and lets not even go there about vietnam, you can claim to of won those if you want, but for the sake of the argument, dont use them, youll only make yourself look ignorant

oh, and sure, the french are crap, but theyve had a few more hundred years experiance then you, considering america is a relitively new country in comparison to europe

[edit on 5-6-2005 by M6D]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
french lost in vietnam

I wasn't being pro US just stating the facts. Actually I hate US companies like Walmart, if you can call them american, that by everything from China then send all of the money back to the HQ rather than putiing it back into the commutinies that they rape by killing off the little guys, I am proud we dont have a walmart in my hometown.
I consider myself oregonian first american second but I am not a mindless troll that blindly follows my own leadership let alone a leadership of a state that is considered a threat!

M6D

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
oops, sorry i stand corrected, im just saying that for such wars, like korea and vietnam, there wasnt any winners or losers, or you could argue korea both sides lost, as they lost men, and still got no where

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

french lost in vietnam

I wasn't being pro US just stating the facts. Actually I hate US companies like Walmart, if you can call them american, that by everything from China then send all of the money back to the HQ rather than putiing it back into the commutinies that they rape by killing off the little guys, I am proud we dont have a walmart in my hometown.
I consider myself oregonian first american second but I am not a mindless troll that blindly follows my own leadership let alone a leadership of a state that is considered a threat!

Well.. I live in Britain and am personally fed up with going into crappy American owned stores to buy Chinese goods that dont work and then having to speak to some call centre in India when i have to complain about the crap Chinese item bought from the greedy yank... Hold on a sec... Does that indicate US/Chinese/Indian co-operation???

M6D

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
hey. half of my chinese stuff hsnt broken down yet :p

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
Gandhi was one fo the worst leader in history.

It was sloely because of his crappy views on secularism and universal brotherhood and policies that india has ended up with so many muslims in it. It would have been so easy to declare india a hindu nation and send all the remaining muslims to pakistan at the time of partition. But this naive non-violence loving man had to intervine and spoil the party.

His faithful apprentice Neheru refused to use the powerful indian air in the 1962 war on the grounds of non-violence !!

Although Gandhi must be revered for his sacrifice and goodness, his actions never yeilded any good result (both short term and long term).

Thus his assasination is fully justified.

Do us all a favor and cut the racism. Is it really so bad to have to co-exist with Muslims?

I'm not even going to argue with you about Ghandi and the "powerful" Indian air force or whatnot. You're just full of delusions and fantasies that clog up your thoughts as are all the other extremists on this board.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char2c35t

while russia was fighting the army the us and british were bombing the factories which made russian's fight easier without the bombings it would have been a different war for russia. if it wasnt for the US and brits china would still be under japanese rule! plus what wars has china fought and won? tibet! ww2? no. korea? no vietnam? oohhh china wasnt in that one lol yeah right! no. oh the 1962 war with india? so what super power has china fought? no one.

China is even more unproven in war than the russians are let alone the US which has been engaging in fighting, oh if you didnt know that a veteran military always kicks the crap out of a green army ask the french.

even if the british and US didn't bomd german factories the war would have finished maybe half to one year after.

the americans and british started major bombing campaigns in 1943-44 and the russians already had the upper hand after the battle of kursk. by that time germany was already running out of metals from the norweign iron ore mines and couldn't have lasted that much longer not to mention the oil crises.
the russians on the other hand had almost unlimited resources with over 6million men under arms on the eastern front.

if your trying to say that china hasn't won any wars your wrong.

ww2- china won
korea- draw(fighting the worlds most powerful #ries by itself)
vietnam- china had 200,000 soldiers stationed for air defence and contruction work
1962- china won by a mile

so what super power has china fought? no one.

are you stupid you just said china frought in korea with america now you said china never fought a superpower.

china has fought more wars than russia has. chinese have more expericence in war but not in armoured warfare compared to the russians.

china would have eventually bet the japanese. the coummunist were were fighting a gureilla war and was receving no outside help from the russians or americans. in 1945 they numbered 900,000 four years later they number 1949. all these soldiers had very high moral but were not very well armed. the army of chinag-kai-chek had 4.5 million soldiers nder arms and 200,000german trained and 500,000 american trained and equiped soldiers.

chinag-kai-chek could have driven the japanese out of china with his army but feared if he did he wuld be to weak to protect himself from the communist and so he waited for the americans to defeat the japanese.

they were facing 1 million strong japanese forces.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join