It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India, US join hands to make futuristic soldier

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Indian scientists will interact with their American counterparts on developing futuristic equipment for soldiers as decided during a recent meeting of the Indo-US High Technology Cooperation Group.

The Indian side will get to interact with the American scientists who have an ongoing project for 'Land Warriors'.

The Land Warrior Project is an ongoing US project that looks at a soldier as a complete weapon system and looks at three components -- lethality, survivability and command and control.

Costing over $2 billion and expected to be completed by 2014, the project will witness some 45,000 equipment tried and tested for shaping the perfect soldier of the future.

The DRDO(India) has begun its own such project called the Man Pack System Project.

The Man Pack System Project will be one of the three areas that the two sides will cooperate.

The Indian side will look at development of equipment such as global positioning systems and radio transmitters, backpack antennas and smart vests that will be able to communicate to bases the condition of soldiers when they are wounded or ill.

Dr Atre said among the key components for such a futuristic dressing up of soldiers is miniature batteries that can be easily recharged.

Among the other areas will be various aspects of military operations in high altitudes. In this regard the Americans are keen to learn from the Indians, who have over 15 years of experience in Siachen sector.

"What has been of great interest to them is our medical ability to bring down casualty rate among soldiers in Siachen in recent years," a senior army officer said. He pointed out that there has not been a single death among soldiers in Siachen(the world's highest battlefield in Kashmir where India has deployed forces in massive numbers) in over three years now because of new medical techniques in treating high altitude sickness.

The two sides have in recent times had bilateral seminars and interactions on high altitude medicine, and also on the susceptibility and spread of contagious diseases among soldiers in extreme weather conditions. "We would be regularly interacting on these issues also," the army officer said.

The two sides will also jointly work towards developing vaccines against biological and chemical weapons.

Source

Hopefully this,along with the block70 F-16 & Superhornet offer marks the begining of the shape of things to come

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Its good that the US is joining India to develop systems for our infantry, and also high alttitude sickness, and vaccines against biological and chemical weapons. I think we should look at every countries speciality and join with them to make our and their military's more advanced and efficent.

M6D

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
make allies who well help you crush everyone else basically if the need arrises...its like, we helped you and gived you all this technology,now what are you gonna give back....hint

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by M6D
make allies who well help you crush everyone else basically if the need arrises...its like, we helped you and gived you all this technology,now what are you gonna give back....hint

Kick Pakistan for sponsoring terrorism

M6D

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
..............or that, i was thinking if they chose to invade yet another country theyd use india as a base

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
^^ China i hope.

I'll personally welcome every American coming to India for that job.

But just one point : Get out as soon as you're finished with the job. Is that too much to ask ?

M6D

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
i have to ask, whats with the problem against china?

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Stealth Spy has quite an intolerance to the Chinerse for reasons as yet undisclosed.

Personally I have no problems with either Chinese or Indian and the sooner the hostilities end the better in my opinion.

M6D

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
yeah, deffintely, im half chinese yet one of my best friends is indian, and i know several people from pakistan...certainly odd

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
i dont know if it wise for the US to help India since India seems to playing both China and the US, the Indians seem to be trying to smooth out relations with the chinese.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by M6D

a burning desire to avenge the humiliation of 1962 and win back all the territories that China stole from India after launching a surprise war against an unprepared India soon after India had signed a freindship pact with the latter.

go check out this thread, there's lot of info there : www.abovetopsecret.com...

China is also Pakistan's largest arms supplier and also gave pakistan blueprints for its nuke.

China is the world's largest communist nation while India is the world's largest democracy.

However India and China are moving towards greater co-operation and collaboration and are commited to resolve all issues through peaceful means.

I'll really did'nt have anything against china previously, but the attitude and tone of some chinese posters has left me with no choice but to develop a sense of hate towards china.

But still if the USA wanted to hit China if it attacked Taiwan, i wont be surprised if it'll ask for bases in India.

[edit on 31-5-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
or maybe even you to attack them to win back the land they stole and to free tibet!

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
or we can all be friends and LEAVE THINGS THE WAY THEY ARE..(including taiwan)

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
"The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word 'crisis.' One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger - but recognize the opportunity." - President Richard Nixon

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

Originally posted by M6D

a burning desire to avenge the humiliation of 1962 and win back all the territories that China stole from India after launching a surprise war against an unprepared India soon after India had signed a freindship pact with the latter.

go check out this thread, there's lot of info there : www.abovetopsecret.com...

China is also Pakistan's largest arms supplier and also gave pakistan blueprints for its nuke.

China is the world's largest communist nation while India is the world's largest democracy.

However India and China are moving towards greater co-operation and collaboration and are commited to resolve all issues through peaceful means.

I'll really did'nt have anything against china previously, but the attitude and tone of some chinese posters has left me with no choice but to develop a sense of hate towards china.

But still if the USA wanted to hit China if it attacked Taiwan, i wont be surprised if it'll ask for bases in India.

[edit on 31-5-2005 by Stealth Spy]

How are you going to avenge the humiliation of china f-ing india in 1962.

i have developed a hated of inidans ever since i was born . the chinese government taught me to.

And then again to the friendship pact. when was this i never heard of this.

chinas government cares more for the health of their cillivans than the indian ones. look how much beggers on the indian strees. 1/4 live under the poverty line.

you call that democracy

India has free speech. but why dont they address the issuses that need to be addressed like poverty. the gap between the rich and poor. creating jobs.??

Indians write stupid articles about weapons while the ordinary civillians are malnorished or doesn't have education.

they prasie themselves while dont look at all the bad aspects.

Yeah go to the link you posted . you can see that china stole no land

Never was indian never going to be indian

You post irevalvent topics like the chinese Lavi being a copy but as of yet has not provided a shread of edvidence.

I have tried to stay toleranent to stealth spys comments but if he wants to have all out war go to sinodefence.com. i would gladly resolve my problems with you

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   

India has free speech. but why dont they address the issuses that need to be addressed like poverty. the gap between the rich and poor. creating jobs.??

It's funny. By reading this, you'd think none of these were major problems in China.

None of these are the responsibility of the government. Planned economies will fail in the longrun. China, if it wants to become anything in the world besides a pawn for the superpowers of the world, had better learn that.

I know its hard for your government to give up all of its power, though.

i have developed a hated of inidans ever since i was born . the chinese government taught me to

You say that like you're proud...That's sickening.

And then again to the friendship pact. when was this i never heard of this

What a surprise. I'm sure that has nothing to with the heavy censorship in your country.

But still if the USA wanted to hit China if it attacked Taiwan, i wont be surprised if it'll ask for bases in India

It's a given. Bases in India would be a major asset in a war with China. The only other way would in fact be through North Korea, or an amphibious invasion which would surpass any in history by a wide margin.

But just one point : Get out as soon as you're finished with the job. Is that too much to ask ?

As long as the Indians aid in the fighting, I doubt America would have any problem leaving after, especially after we set up permanent bases in China, and troops ready to act against India if they ever forget their place...

M6D

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   
this is yet another example of basically america, giving little presents to countries...a bit of nudge nudge..e're your friends now, and then using that little friendship theyve gottent themselves, xploiting the country in question and using it, like in the case of what they probably want with india, and what theyve done with other contries, to put bases in the region, all so they can strike round the globe

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disturbed Deliverer

It's funny. By reading this, you'd think none of these were major problems in China.

None of these are the responsibility of the government. Planned economies will fail in the longrun. China, if it wants to become anything in the world besides a pawn for the superpowers of the world, had better learn that.

I know its hard for your government to give up all of its power, though.

i have developed a hated of inidans ever since i was born . the chinese government taught me to

You say that like you're proud...That's sickening.

And then again to the friendship pact. when was this i never heard of this

What a surprise. I'm sure that has nothing to with the heavy censorship in your country.

But still if the USA wanted to hit China if it attacked Taiwan, i wont be surprised if it'll ask for bases in India

It's a given. Bases in India would be a major asset in a war with China. The only other way would in fact be through North Korea, or an amphibious invasion which would surpass any in history by a wide margin.

As long as the Indians aid in the fighting, I doubt America would have any problem leaving after, especially after we set up permanent bases in China, and troops ready to act against India if they ever forget their place...

China is addressing these problems. Go Read East Asia Ecomonic Review. It is written by someone with first hand experience in the region.

Chinas ecomony hasn't been planned in a long time.(soviet style)
the things planned by the government are roads schools hospitals powerplants etc. chinas ecomony works on market forces.

china is no Prawn. its one of the big players. if there is a war. the world ecomony was have the slowest growth ever. china is the engine of the world ecomony. you stop china whose going to make market demand?? India

Cant you tell i was being Sarcastic about the hating indians thing.

i live in australia.

go on and enlighten me about this friendship pact...

i doubt any americans troops would even get into chinese terrioty. The world would be a nuclear hell hole before that happens.

permanent bases in china.

IF there were those troops would have the lowest morale in the history of armed conflict. constantly attacked day and night.

If america tried to invade china through india try supplying 200,000 with indias poor road network

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Formal Notice

Once again, StealthSpy and Chinawhite, another topic dragged off tangent because the two of you seem to enjoy going at each other.

Sometimes I wonder if the two of you really know how close your both coming to getting red-flag warns for your continued efforts to derail most weaponry or aircraft topics with your China versus India and vice versa drivel.

Keep it up guys. Those warns may come sooner than you think.
My interaction in topics threads dealing with the two of you is going on how many now?!

*shakes head*

seekerof

[edit on 3-6-2005 by Seekerof]

M6D

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
as far as i undestood most of this was meant to be friendly competition, and thats what you see between most people....however this time it seems to of made a exeption....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join