It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Puerto Rico and Military bases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Why there are so many military bases in Puerto Rico? Is just a little island and there are no enemies to the U.S. near. I have been searching and found some strange things.

GOOGLE MAP OF LAJAS CARTAGENA AREA These is the area of the ufo highway 303 and the suposed underwater base in LAJAS PUERTO RICO , the story is that people that live near cartagena in 1987 feel an earthquake and feel and hear an explosion, some 50 people eyewitnes a large aircraft and two jets follow it and vanish.

Strange circles in google map This is some place south the island.

Military base in ceiba

North bases They 're 3 in that area the circle one is a large dome ECHELON (spy network) radar and in the upper left there have some domes radar too.

Map of all the near enemies of the us They 're no near counties only Dominican Republic and thats a very poor country.

So why all that military?

external image

link to full sized image
i7.photobucket.com...

Some maps of all the bases, and you can see the radiotelescope of arecibo that is use for SETI@home , and in the south the aerostat that supose to be for detecting drug smuglin. But some people say it was put in place in the south west near cartagena wonder why?

aerostat info by the military
Says its for low flying aircraft? in that area

More about tars :

Operational Sites
* Yuma and Ft Huachuca, Ariz.;
* Deming N.M.;
* Marfa, Texas;
* Eagle Pass, Texas;
* Matagorda, Texas;
* Rio Grande, Texas;
* Morgan City, La.;
* Cudjoe Key (2 aerostats operate at Cudjoe Key)
* Horseshoe Beach, Fla.;
* Lajas, Puerto Rico.

PERCENTAGE OF AEROSTAT--UPTIME VS. DOWNTIME
-------------------------------------
Uptime
-

Cudjoe Key 59
High Rock 3 46
Georgetown 69
Deming 65
Ft. Huachuca 65
Yuma 82
Marfa 48
Eagle Pass 41
Rio Grande City 51
Puerto Rico 82

[Footnote] 1 Average percent uptime=60%.
[Footnote] 2 Average percent uptime=59%.
[Footnote] 3 Out of service.
[Footnote] Source: U.S. Customs Service.
more info

The strange thing is that drug problem in Puerto Rico havent been control and in my opinion, is more bad than before they put that radar. And theres another good question: With all those bases that surround the island and all those radars how the drugs come in? What things they are scaning with those radar?
I always say that because of the radio telescope of Arecibo of the program SETI@home is why there so much reported ufo. And other thing? why of all the places in the U.S. they construct that radio telescope un Puerto Rico?

More about laguna cartagena in Lajas Puerto Rico

History of the laguna cartagena

Other case is south of El Yunke national(tropical) forest, where a road was closed to public by the U.S. goverment. So for I know that El Yunke is the only Rain Forest under US property. Some ufo expert and people that live near say they have labs and run experiments in the forest. You all know that EL CHUPACABRA started in Puerto Rico.
My Grandfather was an construction enginer and he live some years near El Yunke in Luquillo. In the 60s 70s he was working in the construction of some antenna in top of El Yunke. At that time El Yunke was closed to public and the military have been testing the agent orange in the forest. He came home every day and tell my grandmother that everything up there in that area was dead. Some years later they call him to get some test for radioactivity.
Thats all I have from Puerto Rico.
Later I will go to lajas to take some pics

[edit on 30-5-2005 by rapture777]

(mod edit to reduce size of large image)

[edit on 30-5-2005 by pantha]

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Lots of People had dissapear in the small Yunque area since I was a child. When the Chupacabras became an issue the lab research in el yunque became very active, I was in high school back then.

From my parents house you can see el yunque very well, back in the seventees my brother and his friend were about 16 and decided to go one night to see what the research lab was all about.

I have seen it too but during the day and is was not that impresive, just a small building with a tall fence.

My brother and his friend spend the night around the lab they were caught and send home by police for traspassing on government property.

He and his friend claim that the place at night had trafic of vans bringing cages but they were covered, and people in white robes coming in and out.

During the day is quiet.

I spend 21 years in my home Island of PR, and I always regarded the myth and lore of el yunque as just tall tales, but even my mother to this day say that El yunque has always been a place were weird things happen.

Actually I have been in el yunque has walk in the forest and beside some areas that are very deep, el yunque is not that big of a place for people to dissapear or guess lost.

So I always wonder why so many has gone lost in it.

Also we have underground caverns in the coast that are only accessible by going under walter, and during the seventees some more new caverns has been found.

PR and the rest of the Antilles, sit on top of old volcano moutains. Once in a while we get tremors but not big of a deal.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
El Yunke is very big, the part that is open to public is just the 191 road. But they are a lot of places with no road, and that road its only for the north side. The south side road was closed by the goverment. They say it was closed for a mudslide in huracan hugo in 1989 but since today it's the only road that havent been fix.People that live near say military have access and have some labs and things. If you look a map at google you will see that El Yunke takes allmost all east coast of the island. If you have been there, they 're top of the mountains that have telecomunication antennas but there are no public road to them. The only one that can get to some antennas is the 191 but they closed to some point public cannot get up there.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
When I was a child my father used to cross from one side of the el junque to the other one, it was a bridge back then, during the 60s a huracan took the bridge and it was never rebuild, from the town my family live in Rio Grande, I remember or 3 or four ways to get to the road to el yunque and in Mamayes was one road to go up, and in Luqullo also.

I have been to the end of the road were the bridge was gone and you can see the other side.

I have not been in PR since 86 but my husband was there with my children during Hugo he never has been on a huracan before he was visiting his parents and my parents, and he saw the destruction after the huracan.

He was in the Marines then, the only way for him and my children to get out of the Island was from the navy military base in ceiba.

Yes the el junque was closed after hugo for a while.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Sometimes i wonder what this world is all about, dont you? And i wonder who knows all there is to know about UFO's, underwater bases, etc....

Mysterious world.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
About the Echelon radar one of the google map.

echelon radar

Is the biggest spy network on the planet! Why they have one in Puerto Rico? What countries there are going to spy? Dominican Republic? thats its a very poor country. Its says they can intersept every comunication, phone,radio,Tv

But why? They 're hidding something!

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Rapture,
You listed some interesting info. I was quite interested in the aerosat. I have not been aware that the U.S. was useing those as of yet. The link pulled up a pic of it. Would you happen to have the link to a site that would have more info or that stats on the Aerosat?

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Golem
Rapture,
You listed some interesting info. I was quite interested in the aerosat. I have not been aware that the U.S. was useing those as of yet. The link pulled up a pic of it. Would you happen to have the link to a site that would have more info or that stats on the Aerosat?

oopss my bad
its supose to be the link after the pic

aerostat info

aerostat facts sheet
if you google it theres more..

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Other stange thing in lajas area

Lajas is famous for its main touristic attraction, Phosphorescent Bay, a place where luminescent dinoflagellates of different colors appear when the water moves.

info

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Laguna Caltehena is the Puerto Rico place of interest, beginning with Mr Avaury Rivera 1989.

Rhodes Military Base is the Blue Baret connection. The other connection of course is the outside influence.

Dallas

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

Laguna Caltehena is the Puerto Rico place of interest, beginning with Mr Avaury Rivera 1989.

Rhodes Military Base is the Blue Baret connection. The other connection of course is the outside influence.

Dallas

who is avaury rivera?

Blue Baret?

new topics

top topics

join