It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Iran Says US and Israel are the Real Nuclear Threats

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I knew Americans think alot about themselves but I didnt know they claim to be clairvoyants as well. You have zero idea of what Iran would do with nuclear weapons and dont claim you know for certain.

Regardless of how I feel about Iran gaining nuclear weapons (I dont think any country can be trusted with them, including the United States) there is still no legal reason why Iran cant withdraw from the NPT.

From the Non-proliferation Treaty
Article X

1. Each Party shall in exercising its national sovereignty have the right to withdraw from the Treaty if it decides that extraordinary events, related to the subject matter of this Treaty, have jeopardized the supreme interests of its country. It shall give notice of such withdrawal to all other Parties to the Treaty and to the United Nations Security Council three months in advance. Such notice shall include a statement of the extraordinary events it regards as having jeopardized its supreme interests.

NPT (please read it before you claim Iran has no right to nukes)

They can withdraw from the NPT whenever they wish. There is no legal reason why they cannot. Why dont you people grasp this? If the United States wants countries to adhere to the NPT and not go nuclear they better have some good incentives. One of them would be to actively work with Russia to dismantle the existing nuclear weapons and not bloody say you're going to develop new ones!

"The United States is spurring a new global arms race with our own development of a new generation of nuclear weapons" US Rep Ellen Tauscher

Bush Plans New Nukes

Remind me again why Iran shouldnt pursue nuclear weapons. Remind me again why the United States can have nuclear weapons and develop more?

So Iran says nasty words about Israel and America? Take your own Assistant Secretary of States advice:

Assistant Secretary of State Christopher Hill speaking about Ms.Rices "outpost of tyranny" jibes
He expressed frustration with North Korea's seeming focus on "small issues," such as the occasional pejorative comments in Washington, when it should give top priority to resolving the "monumental" issue of nuclear weapons development.

Occasional pejorative comments are acceptable coming out of Washington. Forget about it! Yeah right, Iran is the all singing all dancing anti-christ due to its occasional pejorative comments. It would be nice if the American administration would sing from the same hymn book.

I dont like nukes but when one side wont give theirs up I can fully understand why the other side will not sit back and be labeled an "axis of evil" and be threatend by a President that has invaded 2 middle-eastern countries in 2 years.

[edit on 31/5/05 by subz]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phugedaboudet
Here's the clincher. America developed it's own nuclear weapons technology. It paid the price in social disorder and in the guilt of the scientists who developed it.

Right after we'd founded out that the Nazis were getting ahead of us in their nuclear weapon development in the late 1930s - the primary reason for the race to build atomic bombs.

Read the history: Nazis' nuclear energy project

It was either us or the Nazis getting a workable atomic bomb. Take your pick.

America has had nuclear weapons for over 50 years and have not used a single one in combat. We know the cost. We've paid it again and again. Iran has not paid any of the social cost, will not show their people the devastation and suffering still happening in Japan. Iran will use the weapon they get, at the slightest provocation by Israel or America. They won't wait for a 9/11 style attack, a single airliner downed intentionally or accidentally will be enough. Iran has reacted this way in the past, there is no logical reason to assume otherwise.

How do YOU know that? Did you consult with your oracle globe?

We created the Bomb, and wish to hell we could stuff the genie back into the bottle. You want to rub the bottle and let more genies out. let them deal with the guilt of warriors and the pictures of flash-burned children for decades being shown again and again, before they dare to create a warhead from technologies they bought with money from oil sold to nations they condemn.

Newsflash, sonny - it was a different era when the atomic bombs were first employed as weapons and the Allies just wanted the war to end in the Pacific in the fashion they wanted, not how they should endure another year of war by invading Japan by manpower alone. Once it was done in Nagasaki, there would be no turning back.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join