It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voodoo story (second hand)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I had a high school english teacher who told me about a really interesting experience she had in Haiti while there on vacation. I'm going to relate it as best I remember; I'm just throwing it out here to see what people think of it; dunno why I suddenly thought of it, but it sounds like something that visitors to this forum would enjoy. My teacher's name will be indicated by Mrs. X, for anonymity.

Mrs. X was with her husband at some sort of voodoo ceremony in Haiti. These voodoo shamans were doing a bunch of dances and other traditional stuff. Mrs. X had a glass of water with her that she was sipping from as she watched this stuff happen. At one point during the event, the people said they were going to call a spirit to possess one of the voodoo guys, and they did some sort of ritual that was to accomplish this.

After the ritual, the possessed guy went around the audience. I'm not sure what else he did, but at Mrs. X's table, he picked up the now empty glass (by glass i mean a glass actually made of glass) and proceeded to take bites out of it, until he had finished eating the whole thing; then he moved on to other tables, leaving Mr and Mrs. X in a state of total bewilderment at what had just happened.

The voodoo's explanation to Mrs. X afterwards was that the spirit possessing the voodoo guy was a water spirit. In the bottom of the glass there had been a few drops of liquid leftover. The water spirit was so eager to get at those drops that it devoured the glass as well as the liquid.

The glass was real; Mrs. X swore to that, since she had been drinking from it earlier. She wondered if it was maybe some sort of hypnotism that tricked her into believing that the glass had been eaten, but from what little I know about hypnotism, I don't think that is possible.

What do you think? I'm not really sure.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I don't know about that one specifically, but I believe it. There is a guy here in Australis called john Saffron. He has this show called John Saffron Vs God, and basically he goes around the world finding out about all these different religiouns. Anyway he goes to Haiti to check out Voodooism.

They did this ritual which apparently happens every year, where they summon a spirit, not sure what type. Anyway basically what they do is have a goat sacrificed, eat its testicles and then eat it... It was simply the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. once they had killed the goat they just started eating it... was absolutely vile and quite confronting. So I wouldn't be at all suprised to hear these spirits eat glass...

M@

new topics

join