It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Reports, Incidents and Sightings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
M43, are you talking about the thing Unknowntoyou and I saw? It's sounds like what you are describing, just a little black dot that didn't move like a bird, or like a plane.

On the coast to coast show, some guy called in talking about the seeing the Phoenix lights or things like them near an air force base, I forget what specifically he said. Maybe they're something of the military but I don't remember a statement confirming that from them, though maybe they did.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
you say it looked black?

theres a rather compiling video of a black ufo called "ufoB band"

ask me vi msn [email protected]

M43

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Requiem--- hmm.....no this light was like a star in the sky but did not act like a star at all. It wasn't a blackness actually it was bright and slightly larger than Sirius (a really bright star) but this thing did not twinkle or fade in or out like a star does. It was a constant bold light. That night it was dusk out just after the sun set under the horizon. There were a couple of stars out already and this bright light was the only object moving in the sky. I looked up at the stars for a few minutes and there it was. It appeared and after it finished it disappeared.

Oh, this particular star incident happened in Pennsylvania. The funny part about ufos appearing in a calm night sky, you figure a person can see mostly the same stars on the left side of the continent as the right. So where is this ufo really closer to? And it also makes you wonder if another person at that moment was looking up into the sky and just saw the same thing you did. And then you wonder where and who that person is. What I'm saying is you're never alone when you see ufos. Well, ........it just feels that way.

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by M43]

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Hello, I guess what you saw wasn't what we saw. Maybe the object you saw turned of it's lights as it disappeared into the night sky. It's movements sounded similiar to ours though.

I agree that a person isn't alone when they see these sort of things. I wouldn't hope the otherwise, it could mean a person was seeing things.
Some people, like your couisin, do not take notice though.

Unknowntoyou and I saw this thing in the daylight. It looked like a ballon one could see, floating high into the sky. I would conclude it indeed was a ballon if it didn't stop and then continue on. It did not move erratically. I'm pretty sure it was black, anyhow, a dark color.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
M43,

It is very possible that you did see something strange, but here is something that people see fairly often, but don't realize what it is. You might want to check it out so you can rule it out.

How long did the light you saw last?

If it was only a matter of 10 seconds or so you could have seen an 'iridium flare'. Motorola launched a 'constellation' of satelites called 'Iridium'. There are about 60-70 of them in orbit. Each satelite has 3 very large antennae that look like mirrors. If you are in the right spot on the ground you can see the reflection of the SUN off of them. These things light up like a multi megacandlepower flashlight in your face. They look like a commercial jets landing lights (maybe brighter) - and you can't see any blinking nav lights - because there aren't any. This 'light in the sky' seems to turn on within a second, burns very brightly, then goes out. Sometimes it looks like a jet with it's landing lights on, but going BACKWARDS - it appears to be going away from you.

Go to www.heavens-above.com... if you want to check them out.

You can get precise predictions of when one will happen in the sky above your location from that page. Please be aware that you will need to get the latitude and longitude reasonably close of where you will observe from, and also - synchronize your watch/clock to within a couple of seconds of a NIST clock. If you miss the prediction by even 30 seconds you will miss seeing the flare. Check it out!

M43

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Gnomon, Neat site! Well, this strange (ufo) light stayed and performed strange maneuvers for 8 to 10 minutes. I was standing there for a while watching it. There are similar characteristics of a satellite reflection but I'm not sure it would cover the erratic, unpredictable movements, mostly the way the light shot from one point in the sky to another point.... stopped in it's tracks and then shot again at a different angle degree. It did this multiple times. A satellite would explain the way it all of a sudden appeared and then disappeared 10 mins later. Who knows but thanx for the site info!

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I have a sighting to post (happened last night), but I will do it tomorrow. (Sorry, haven't read all (any of)this thread, but I am tipsy)

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Oo please tell! I enjoy reading about people's experiences with UFO sightings. It kind of shows how often these sightings appear around the globe.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Please post your reports in seperate threads.

This thread is now locked.

Chris

top topics

<< 1   >>

join