It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corporate Fallout Detector

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Okay I'm not so sure where to put this so if it's in the wrong place please move it.

The Corporate Fallout Detector is a device that scans the barcode of any product and gives a reading on just how unethical the products manufacturer actually is. Okay I'm not sure if this is a joke or not so I'll let the good people at ATS be the judge.

The Corporate fallout Detector scans barcodes off of consumer products, and makes a clicking noise based on the environmental or ethical record (selectable via the "sensitivity" switch) of the manufacturer. It explores issues of corporate accountability and individual choice. Due to increasingly complex global supply chains, a single product we buy may contain parts made by various companies all over the world. We may agree with the business practices of some of these companies, while not with others. The complexity of the relationships between manufacturers can be so great that it becomes unclear how to translate our personal convictions into good buying decisions, and all purchasing decisions involve an unavoidable element of risk. For example, a consumer may know that one company has a good record on human rights and pollution, but that company may be owned by another company that has a poor record in these areas. When one buys from the smaller company, the parent company also benefits. In this case, what should a consumer do to reward good business ethics? One can argue either for buying or boycotting products from the smaller company.

I hope this isn't a joke as I want one of these things. I know there is something similiar for Camera phones but this one seems...original at least the design is
BTW I'm really tired right now with images of Lightsabers in my head so be gentle

EDIT: Forgot the Source url

www.jamespatten.com...

[edit on 29-5-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
it looks like a joke to me but man would that be awesome to have one

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Definatly a joke. Thats just an extra hassle, people don't care if the products they buy were made by children in a 3rd world country or not. As long as they get it as a reasonable/cheap price.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheJeSta
Definatly a joke. Thats just an extra hassle, people don't care if the products they buy were made by children in a 3rd world country or not. As long as they get it as a reasonable/cheap price.

Amen to that. Especially in the good ole cheap USA

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It's definitely a hoax.

That's a locator for finding electrical wires.

[edit on 30-5-2005 by LeftBehind]

top topics

join