It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actual Halo Sniper Rifle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
There r many guns that the Battle Rifle could of come from, but look here:

world.guns.ru...

A bit different, but it's obvious.

Weird that they picked 1 from South Africa, no offense.

This topic can b changed if needed.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well theres no denying that there is a lot of resemblence. I wonder how effective it is in reality. I just hope theres no smokey trail

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The Sniper rifle from Halo is not based on the South African design. With large calibre rifles you can't really get too crazy on the design so most coming out looking the same.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
The Sniper rifle from Halo is not based on the South African design. With large calibre rifles you can't really get too crazy on the design so most coming out looking the same.

Well, I would say when u think about it, 7.62mmx51 rounds would be too weak against Elites, Brutes, and Hunters, so they probally did because of the bigger rounds. Obviously, the weight is ALOT different. It said that it need 2 people to carry the gun parts, when in the game, u can give any old Marine one, and he uses it easily. O'well, I guess in the future, there would be matterial would allow to solve such wieght problems, but then again, in 2552, we would be using Plasma and Laser Weapons.

Ha

Ha

Ha

But seriously, we probally would keep bullets around only for LOOONG RANGE SNIPING. You know, maybe 1000+. Y, I don't think having something like a plasma or laser shot would b either quick enough or would have the range. But, I've said this b4, I'm not a scientist, so I can't prove it.

Plus, on how the gun looks.

Real life version: Bolt-Action and loads mag from the left side.

lol, and yeah, that would suck if it had a smoky trail.

top topics

join