It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sitchin Theory and I want YOUR opinion.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Qwintz. Relating two unlike topics has never made more sense than it did there. True knowing the bible quite well the things that Jesus Christ did were very as you put it "insane". I would say that in a logical sense you couldnt possibly believe one and not consider the other. But what comes into a factor with the conflict of faith we must think about it and decide which one we believe. Not that I suspect that their are many christians here...

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Wow its amazing. You toss something like that into the mix and things just die. Well I suppose all the attention this got was good enough for me. I hope that you all keep your eyes and ears open to the truth. I will be trying to get some more topics for you all to ponder but until then I wish you all the best unless of course this gets more attention.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
lol Your kidding me .another place were if the idea is not main stream it is false ,the clock is ticking and we are up against .the same thing that all are father suffered .i chalang any of you to put down the eyes and ears ,think of these things .with a open mind and rember in every story there is one truth of perseption .you see it was not our spech that was confused it was the ideas of our minds

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LeftBehind

"No other sumerian or biblical scholars agree with his translations. He often takes hebrew words to mean rocketship, or spaceship, even though no one else agrees with him.

He also states that the Annunaki cities were destroyed without a trace, yet the sumerian cities from the same time have surviving ruins. How would this be possible."

Not exactly, the other sumerian scholars only say that SHEM means NAME.
But the story is very very long.
Sumerians used a glyph that was syllabed SHM. Sumerians had no Vowels.
This, century by century, gave origin to many terms all variants of SHM:
SHUMU - SHAMU - SHEM - SHEMU -SHIM
we find applications fo these terms in many names where the translation made is not NAME.One example for all is ShimTi = breath of life
The Bit Shimti was the house where Ninhursag created Adapa.
Bit ShimTi = house/city of the breath of life

Now... from sumerian to akkadic, from akadic to aramaic and to babylonian languages, we have a long course where meanings are alternated.

Now sumerology scholars are trying to collect all the possible meanings, but they stopped in the early 60's.
Surprisingly enough, anyway, we can find some lexicons used by scholars, such as that of John Halloran, that support translations made by Sitchin.
Obviously they don't name Sitchin, how could they?
But if you look for the sumerian terms... it' all there.

Have a look at this:

here a text version:

mud6, mú: to sing; to blow; to ignite, kindle; to make grow; to sprout, appear (reduplication class) (mu, 'word', + éd, 'to go out').

u5: n., male bird, cock; totality; earth pile or levee; raised area (sometimes written ù) [U5 archaic frequency: 1]. v., to mount (in intercourse); to be on top of; to ride; to board (a boat); to steer, conduct, elevate. adj., (raised) high, especially land or ground (sometimes written ù).

sum, šúm, sím, sì: to give, lend (with dative) (sum-mu in marû) (cf., sám) [SUM archaic frequency: 43; concatenates 2 sign variants] .

so me have:
- MU(D)+U = to ignite + raised/high/elevate = something that ignites and raises / elevates(rockets?)
- SHUM+U: to give/procure/lend + elevate/high = something that procures elevation / that procure to be high (a rocket elevating in the sky?)

If you want to take a look at the SUMERIAN LEXYCON

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

"Hardly controversial. The 12th planet is Sedna. It has a stable orbit and never dips into the inner solar system. "

Why Sedna and not 2000Cr105? It has an orbital period of 3400 years, it's perielion is at 44UA (closer than Sedna) and its afelion is at 403UA.
It's orbit is 22° oblique, while Sedna 17°, if i don't go wrong...

as you can see... don't make such claims... you say that 12th planet is Sedna because you don't know about all other candidates, right?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
My BS detector went off re Sitchin about three decades ago:

www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Byrd has said everything and so much more than what i could of said. The basics is he is a Economist with a passing interest in ancient texts which he is by no means an expert in. Wether Sitchin is a deliberate fraud or honestly believes in his own work(which according to real experts is flawed) im not sure, maybe he is just a good slaesman. IMO Sitchin is bunk.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by pazcat]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

"He doesn’t know an apogee from an aphelion (if you claim to be an expert, you’d better know the
difference). He doesn’t know how a “hothouse effect” (he probably means “greenhouse effect”) works, even as he must conjure it up
to explain how he can have the habitable warm planet of the mythological Nefilim astronaut gods circling the sun way out beyond
Pluto. By page 231 he switches his soaring blunders to biochemistry and the origin of life—and pounds the nails into the coffin
containing the dead remains of his credibility."

YOU TRULY base your opinion on this??!! LOL
yeah, as if...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

"The basics is he is a Economist with a passing interest in ancient texts which he is by no means an expert in"

Do we have to remember about a not very smart student with many lacks in mathematics, who failed the exam for the Gymnasium and the technical school in Zurich, who worked at the Patent Office?
His name was Albert Einstein, and according to your considerations he woulnd't have received a Nobel nor revolutionned physics

Everyone has the right to have his opinions, but must be careful in what he says when it comes to say 'he is a fraud' or 'he is not an expert'.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTruth414All

well, theories are theories. they're all out there.We all have our own theories of our own existence.even surprising enough is that everyone of us have our very own theory of everything.But in ZS theories i think the mixing of the bible and annunakis is "the thing" that makes it as sacriligious as it can get. it runs straight into the gamuts of so many religous beliefs.people do cover up their biases, comes out with rhetorics that sounds so scientific but deep they are reinforcing the walls of their core belief.this is a very deep cut into the abyss of our subconscious realms. we wont even know thats what makes us squirmish about ZS' theories.So his theories will remain theories.its our biases that should go.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by enkira]

[edit on 6-5-2009 by enkira]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I think he should either be credited with the largest find in history, or given an award for the largest imagination in history.

I'm still 50/50 with him, but I think the whole planet X and 2012 Nibru crowd are not helping his cause at all.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ningishzidda74
reply to post by pazcat

Do we have to remember about a not very smart student with many lacks in mathematics, who failed the exam for the Gymnasium and the technical school in Zurich, who worked at the Patent Office?
His name was Albert Einstein, and according to your considerations he woulnd't have received a Nobel nor revolutionned physics

Albert Einstein was not a poor student.

Legend has it that Einstein was a poor student who flunked out of school, but this was not the case. He excelled at math and science, though he often got only mediocre grades in other classes.
www.amnh.org...

He did not fail, he graduated from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology and received a teaching diploma from the Zurich Polytechnic Conference of Examiners.

[edit on 5/6/2009 by Phage]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Why exactly does the good doctor believe there to be 12 planets?

It's well known that in the Sumerian religion Earth is the 7th planet, counting inwards.. Implying that there are 10 planets in our solar system, one or two yet unknown ( Depending on whether or not the Sumerians considered Pluto a planet or dwarf planet.
)

I think the good doctor needs to do some better research.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by thegagefather]

[edit on 6-5-2009 by thegagefather]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by ningishzidda74
reply to post by pazcat

Albert Einstein was not a poor student.

Legend has it that Einstein was a poor student who flunked out of school, but this was not the case. He excelled at math and science, though he often got only mediocre grades in other classes.
www.amnh.org...

He did not fail, he graduated from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology and received a teaching diploma from the Zurich Polytechnic Conference of Examiners.

[edit on 5/6/2009 by Phage]

This is off topic..
Let's try to remain on topic.

( I realize this post is also off topic, but I'm just trying to prevent further off-topic posting. )

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

nto exactly:

age 16:
"Rather than completing high school, Einstein decided to apply directly to the Eidgenössische Polytechnische Schule (later Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule (ETH)) in Zürich, Switzerland. Lacking a school certificate, he was required to take an entrance examination, which he did not pass.W

"The Einsteins sent Albert to Aarau, Switzerland to finish secondary school. While lodging with the family of Professor Jost Winteler, he fell in love with the family's daughter, Marie. (Albert's sister Maja later married Paul Winteler.)[11] In Aarau, Einstein studied Maxwell's electromagnetic theory. At age 17 he graduated, finally enrolling in 1896 in the mathematics and physics program at the Polytechnic in Zurich "

He failed the first, in Zurich, and graduated in Aarau.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thegagefather

12 planets is misleading.. it's 10 + Moon & Sun, which the sumerian considered as parts of the solar system.
The solar system was called MUL.MUL or KAKKAB.KAKKABU, and the sumerians say:

"naphar 12 sheremesh ha.la sha kakkab.lu sha Sin u Shamash ina libbi ittiqu"

translated:

"12 among which are the sun, moon, and the planets"

the text is Table K.3558:

A few lines before we read:

Kakkab.kakkabu:
"the number of bodies is 12.
12 stations of the heavenly bodies."

and some lines below:
'neberu gura na ammata ni mul' = 'mid their orbits (fates) Nibiru is stationing'

Oh, some say the Mul.Mul were the peiades, but the pleiades are not 12... they say so because MUL litterally means 'star', but KAKKAB means 'planet'

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ningishzidda74

Are there any transliterations, other than Sitchin's, available for the full text of K.3558?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

well it is not Sitchin's, it's Virolleaud (chaldean astrology)

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

All I can find is that one line, quoted by Sitchin (and repeated over and over again) from a transliteration published in 1907. Hasn't knowledge of Sumerian progressed since then? The full context would also be helpful.

There seems to be a lot more evidence that the Sumerians recognized only the five naked eye planets (along with the Sun and the Moon).

[edit on 5/7/2009 by Phage]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

All I can find is that one line, quoted by Sitchin (and repeated over and over again) from a transliteration published in 1907. Hasn't knowledge of Sumerian progressed since then? The full context would also be helpful.

There seems to be a lot more evidence that the Sumerians recognized only the five naked eye planets (along with the Sun and the Moon).

[edit on 5/7/2009 by Phage]

I use to say that Sitchin is the progress of sumerian... not the scholars... who are still at the point of 40 years ago...
the most used dictionary itself, is an assirology dictionary and it is the same as it was 40 years ago...
Obviously mine is a radical and provoking statement... there are good and wellknown scholars who have done alot of new work...
the 'younger' sumerian scholars have produced some documents (like Halloran's sumerian lexicon, 1999, and Cunningham's syntax of multi-word verbs, 2004, which are the ones i use the most) that, curiously, support sitchin's translations... or at least show that his translations are not absurd... like the case of the Shumu.

The approach of old school scholars is to say that MU means Name, while according to the sumerian lexicon it can be composed of MU+U and mean 'something that ignites and raises'...

Just a funny fact... when i asked my sumerian inscription teacher about the meanings of MU and U and Shumu reported on the sumerian lexicon he said many young scholars have strange ideas... but admitted that no one can state to have a perfect knowledge of sumerian because only about 1/5 of all the unearthed material has been analyzed, and most is fragmentary and not older than XXII° century b.C.
scholars may say that they know a language evolved from sumerian, and they have collected and recognized some meanings, but cannot exclude other meanings nor be too sure of the one they know.

My Etruscology teacher (Pittau) in 93 said almost the same thing about Etrusc, and he was one of the most important scholars in europe for that language...

Pettinato himself uses to say 'i am a researcher of sumerology, not an expert'.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join