It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

My Weird Experience. . .

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
My Mom my sister and I were going to bed on a full moon. I remember that it was a friday night, too. I was about 6 years old. We were all laughing and making jokes really loudly. Then, in the middle of our laughter, we heard a growl. Not like an aggressive growl, but a slow, short, loud growl. My Mom covered my mouth, and we were silent for the rest of the night. Nothing else happened. We lived in a residential area too. That's what makes it more strange. Can you tell me your opinion of what you think that growling was? What do you think the growling was for? We were only laughing and talking. Laying in bed.




posted on May, 29 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
What does a full moon have to do with any of this?

Do any of the neighbours around your house have a dog?

My furnace in the basement makes weird noises sometimes.



posted on May, 29 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Were you close to an open window?

That could be quite frightening, hearing that and not knowing where it came from, especially to a youngster.



posted on May, 29 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
HAHAHA omg it was a growl!!!!!! oooooooh nooooooooo!!!!!!



get a life



posted on May, 29 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DucKid
Can you tell me your opinion of what you think that growling was? What do you think the growling was for? We were only laughing and talking. Laying in bed.


I havnt read any farther than your question, so sorry if my first thought has already been mentioned.

Was there an open window near you?

I know weird things happen. I could swear, while living in Olympia, Wa., that I ran into Big Foot one night while chasing a soccer ball into the woods.



posted on May, 29 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
Were you close to an open window?


Great minds think alike.



posted on May, 29 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by DucKid
Can you tell me your opinion of what you think that growling was? What do you think the growling was for? We were only laughing and talking. Laying in bed.


I havnt read any farther than your question, so sorry if my first thought has already been mentioned.

Was there an open window near you?

I know weird things happen. I could swear, while living in Olympia, Wa., that I ran into Big Foot one night while chasing a soccer ball into the woods.


I'm not sure. It is possible. BTW- My Mom mentioned that it was a full moon that night.



posted on May, 29 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DucKid
I'm not sure. It is possible. BTW- My Mom mentioned that it was a full moon that night.


If there was an open window, which is likely, it was probably an animal outside. That's common.

Your mom was probably just playing it up to be playing with you.



posted on May, 29 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Great minds think alike.






Originally posted by DucKid
I'm not sure. It is possible. BTW- My Mom mentioned that it was a full moon that night.



It seems like the mostly likely explanation. The full moon is likely just a coincidence.

BTW, did you have any pets? Dogs, more specifically?



posted on May, 29 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
No we didn't. We had cats though!



posted on May, 29 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
does your neighbor or anyone around you have a dog? Or maybe your mom or someone in the house was making a noise. Also depending on the sound could it have been your refrigerator? They growl at me a lot too



posted on May, 30 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
One afternoon (when I was about 10) my mom was leaving to go somewhere. I was in the back of the house in her room, talking on the phone and my little brother was playing nearby.

We thought she was gone.

All of a sudden, we heard this roar! It scared my little bro to death and sadistic older me, grabbed the phone, went into mom's bathroom and shut the door.

My little bro. was crying his head off outside the door, wanting in. I remember laughing myself into tears.

I had to have known it was mom playing with us.


She later came clean, apologizing profusely. Mom and me still laugh about that. My bro doesn't think its so funny tho.



posted on May, 30 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
All of a sudden, we heard this roar! It scared my little bro to death and sadistic older me, grabbed the phone, went into mom's bathroom and shut the door.

My little bro. was crying his head off outside the door, wanting in. I remember laughing myself into tears.


hahaha
That's terrible!


I've had similar experiences with my brothers, and some more not so funny ones when in the middle of nowhere and hearing strange noises.

It's funny when you're doing it to someone else, though, or know what's going on



posted on May, 30 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It didn't sound like a dog at all! It was more deep throat sounding. And I only heard that type of growl once! So it can't be the dog next door (yes, there was a dog next door).



posted on May, 30 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Haha for once I'm partly right
I gotta live it up it doesnt happen very often



posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
hahaha
That's terrible!


I've had similar experiences with my brothers, and some more not so funny ones when in the middle of nowhere and hearing strange noises.

It's funny when you're doing it to someone else, though, or know what's going on


Man, I used to be awful!!!
But it sure was funny!!!!


And just so y'all know.... my bro turned out ok, and it's all good. He actually told me that his first child, is sadistic just like me!



posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DucKid
It didn't sound like a dog at all! It was more deep throat sounding. And I only heard that type of growl once! So it can't be the dog next door (yes, there was a dog next door).


Hmmmmm...... Maybe it was your mom's stomach growling?



posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
No! It was not! Talk about my Mom that way again and:

The smiley explains it all.



posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DucKid
No! It was not! Talk about my Mom that way again and:



Easy now - DucKid!


Time to go do this!!



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join