It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to make a secret society

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Has anyone ever developed their own secret society? I am interested in developing an initiatory society. Are there any resources of how I could go about doing this?

Thanks for your help.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Egg Mundane
Has anyone ever developed their own secret society? I am interested in developing an initiatory society. Are there any resources of how I could go about doing this?

Why exactly is it that you want to start a secret society? What's the purpose?

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Thanks for your help.

Do you mean a Fraternal society...with an initiation? or a truly "secret" society...one that almost no one knows exists? If so, who would you initiate and into WHAT? Do you have a purpose for existing as a secret society? Do you have prospective members or would you advertise for them (which would render it NON-secret)?

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak
Do you mean a Fraternal society...with an initiation? or a truly "secret" society...one that almost no one knows exists? If so, who would you initiate and into WHAT? Do you have a purpose for existing as a secret society? Do you have prospective members or would you advertise for them (which would render it NON-secret)?

Good point. Secret societies become that way because they HAVE to be secret, for one reason or another. I doubt anyone ever said "I wanna start a group, and make it secret and occult... just because." Well, nobody except Egg Mundane

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Thanks for your help.

Well first and foremost you need funny hats

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Those are some very good questions. I want to develop society or group that has initiation and graded levels. It would be similar to the Fedeli d' Amore and utliize many concepts of the Western Mystery tradition especially the Qabballah.

I am working with some friends to develop something initially for us and if it develops then we could invite others both men and women.

Any input would be appreciated.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Those are some very good questions. I want to develop society or group that has initiation and graded levels. It would be similar to the Fedeli d' Amore and utliize many concepts of the Western Mystery tradition especially the Qabballah.

Again, I just don't understand WHY you want to do this.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Too late, you just told us about it.

The trick is to have something that needs to be kept secret. It can be an artifact, similar views, or even the key to the bathroom at the local gas station. Then, you need to garner support. People who feel the same way as you and whom you can trust. Then, go for it. Do some stuff that is a bit off the beaten path. Just enough to start a tradition and precedent, but not too much; that kind of thing should develop on its own.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I was in on the birth of a secret society back in college; one that apparently continues to this day (although without my inolvement, as far as you can quote me. tee hee.)

I posted on it in the RATS section.

Masons have done this throughout history. There are dozens of apendent/dependent bodies in masonry. They have to give all their info to the Grand Lodge to be seen as masonic, though, and the rituals must be somehow relevant.

I encourage you in your efforts.

SOmeone posted about needing a cause, or an artefact or something.

I would suggest a quest. Like a secret society dedicated to developing psychic powers, so that you can overthrow all human government and replace it with an ideal society where there is no crime, hatred, private property, or greed. Where the only locks on doors are to protect children, where husbands and wives FULLY understand each other, and where people go to work not for gain, but to make a better world.

Something like that would be nice.

You need to do a lot of homework before you start making up your degrees though. I have been a initiate of several orders, and most of them come across as goofy. Pompous language is always laughable. I would suggest lifting your symbolism from a specific field, from a religion, or from some kind of theme.

South Pacific Islander might make a good theme. Tiki torches, lu-aus, and pretty girls in grass skirts. hmm. I'm an 11 degree Kahuna, with my mojo rising! Sign me up!

sorry, I'm rambling a bit. Too much of a "memorial" party.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I am working with some friends to develop something initially for us and if it develops then we could invite others both men and women.

Any input would be appreciated.

will it be pushing a NEW WORLD ORDER ??? or any alien ufo related belifs

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Ill Join you, if your new secret society's Idea of a New World Order contains the following laws.

1. No Politicians
2. No Priests
3. An Elected Monarchy
4. When the Monarchs term is up and/or when they screw up, The sentence is always death!

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
You know I love the humor but I am serious about this.

First of all I do not think that I need to go into a discussion about why I wan to do this. I have my reasons...what I am wanting to do is see if there are any ideas or books about the development of one.

Having a shared belief to me should be the foundation of it.

We will get to the NWO later....

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hi,

Just some suggestions for establishing a "secret society".

Well, I would think you would need some kind of innitiation process, along with a good symbol (a modern day logo.....probably the simpler the better). Also, you may need to think of a way to recognize other members, such as a secret handshake.

You know early Christians had/have the fish symbol.....if someone (a Christian) was talking to someone they just met, they would discreetly draw the first part of the fish (like in the sand with their foot), and if the other person was a Christian, they would complete the drawing....and voila! they both know the other is a Christian!

Oh, and as someone stated earlier.....a funny hat! lol

good luck,

Faeryland

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Secret societies are a bad idea. Here's why:

It won't be secret for long if you make one.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The Calvin and Hobbes cartoon is too funny...

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

LOL! Yes it is. The thing that makes it so funny (like all humor) is that it's true. The conspiracy nuts who attack Freemasonry and other societies should take note, because that simple cartoon pretty much sums it up.

...and regarding the funny hats, well, nothing binds people together like funny hats. Take the Shriners for example. I should know!

Regards,

Senrak (Member of Moolah Temple-Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, St Louis, MO)

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

LOL! Yes it is. The thing that makes it so funny (like all humor) is that it's true. The conspiracy nuts who attack Freemasonry and other societies should take note, because that simple cartoon pretty much sums it up.

The Calvin and Hobbes comin DOES INDEED sum it all up! It's funny because it's true...

I would assume that MOST secret societies were not formed on purpose, but rather developed into secret societies because of need. Because of this, I don't think there's much experience in actually starting a secret society that is not modeled after another one.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I developed a secret society so secret I not even sure that exist, or what their purpose is.

Odd

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
we had a secret society of sorts back in high school, the purpose of which was to play various pranks on the school and people we didn't like for whatever reason.

it was a wonderful success, and i encourage others to do the same, as nothing gives meaning to your life quite like having a code name.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
DON'T advertise it on the internet. It wouldn't be a secret for too long, and then you'll have all these people knocking at your email, asking to join...

www.geocities.com...

Instead, make it a geocities account! It isn't searchable, people can't find it unless directed to it! Yeah! And make "closed" yahoo group accounts, too... that way, people have to petition you to enter, and you can screen them!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join