Is satan real?

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Most people believe people who "kill" or do something really bad to another being. When that person dies he gets sent to satan but how can this be if god knows who is gonna die when their gonna die and how they are gonna die. Now how can there be a satan if god already knows who killed the person and it's that persons time to die. Now if anyone can shed any light on this subject please help




posted on May, 29 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
YOu need to make it make more sense.

also... Hollywood says you get sent to satan. The bible does not.



posted on May, 29 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
YOu need to make it make more sense.

also... Hollywood says you get sent to satan. The bible does not.

It's much easier saying it than writing it well here:
What i meant was how can there be a devil or "satan" if everything and every action is already decided?



posted on May, 30 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaxPineapple
What i meant was how can there be a devil or "satan" if everything and every action is already decided?

Simple. We created it to fill the holes in our "god" theory. See if everything good comes from god...and he knows everything before hand...BUT we have free will too. You add that all up and you end up with a big question mark. The question mark has just been replaced with "satan" so we dont have to do much thinking.



posted on May, 30 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaxPineapple
When that person dies he gets sent to satan but how can this be if god knows who is gonna die when their gonna die and how they are gonna die. Now how can there be a satan if god already knows who killed the person and it's that persons time to die. Now if anyone can shed any light on this subject please help


People who reject Christ as Savior spend eternity without God. They aren't sent to satan. satan is very limited in what he can do. he can influence people's thoughts but it's people who decide to sin or not.



posted on May, 30 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Waxpineapple, I Hope this may help you to decide.....


Romans 8: 28-30.

28: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who has been called according to his purpose. 29: for those God fornew he also Predestined to be according to the likeness of his Son. that he might be the first born among many brothers. 30: And those he predestined, he has also called; those he has called, He also justified those he justified, he also Glorified.


It short, He all ready knows who is going to love him before he is even Born.He has the book and he has already read the last page and know what happens...

The one thing he does not tell us is, who is going to love him and the ones that will not love him in life..

Thats where we make the chose for which we live OK...



posted on May, 30 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Satan is as real as Santa Claus.

Proof of the existence of Santa Claus:

If you send a letter addressed to

Santa Claus
North Pole

it will arrive with Santa Claus.

And always remember, OUYSEVOLNATAS!



posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The greatest thing the devil ever did was convince ppl he didnt exhist.



posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Your question should be more like do you believe in the Bible since that is the main source of where satan came from. In the Old Testament he does not seem to be as "evil" as he is portrayed in the New Testament. In the Old testament satan is suppossed to stand for the "adversary"and I am pretty sure there is really no mention of "hell" in the Old Testament (but you should look this all up for yourself). In the Old Testament he comes before God and they seem to talk with other angels around and then satan challenges God about Job's loyalty to God (it's all in the book of Job).

Now it is not really until the New Testament until satan is portayed as more an "evil" type of "devil" type of figure and that he rules a firey hell type of place. However there is a lot of people who say that the word hell was translated wrong and that it was actually meant to mean "Gehenna" which was supposed to be an actual place where people threw trash and dead bodies of people who were theives and murders and it was sort of a big valley where a huge fire was always kept burning. A lot of people say that the Roman church took the word hell and made it into a place to scare people into not being bad and kept them more loyal and under control of the roman church.

I am not saying I "know" the true answers but if you go to biblegateway.com and look up the times Jesus mentions "hell" in the king james version of the bible and then look up those same passages in the "youngs" version of the bible which is supposed to be one of the closest versions/translation to the original texts, the Youngs version says "Gehenna", not "hell".

Again I can't say I "know" the true answers but I to search these things out ans the above is some of what I have found. It does make me wonder though why "hell" does not seem to really be mentioned in the Old Testament and satan is not mentioned much in the Old Testament and we he is, he is not mentione to be as "evil" as he is mentioned to be in the New Testament...

Again is satan for real? Depends on what someone believes. I know evil does exists though, just look at the world right now and you see it everyday in the news...



posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Is satan for Real !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, its true but what that is not understood yet is that Hell is not a place yet, Yet, YET..

The reason for that is that Satan is not there Yet,, Hell is made for Satan and all the people that loves him.

The Bible says that if you die in sin nowthat your soul lays asleep now and will not be awaken till The Great White Thron Judgement whick will take place after the 1000 year ragn of Jesus here on earth..

Now if You die before Jesus comes the secone time, You body will stay in the grave and your soul is already with Jesus and when Jesus comes the secon time you body will come out of the grave and meet you in the air and it will be Your NEW gloryfid Body which is the same body that jesus has now....

So if the Tribulation started tomorrow,, There still will be over a 1000 years before Hell will be taking guest OK...................



posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Interesting Post. I, having previously posted that I do not believe in Satan, have done a little thinking on the topic and have changed my mind.

Fisrt, Jesus acknolwedges a visit with Satan on the mount. Which makes Jesuses account validate Satans existence. Either that, or were calling him a liar.

Satan, while perceptably not real in our lives, has made his presence known to myself in recent weeks and its been a harrowing experience. Whether in dream state or otherwise, he or it appears to work on a fear and doubt factor.

I am normally am not afraid of anything, but I found myself waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat thinking I had a bad dream only to observe a dark shadowy image.

Going off of Saint4Gods suggestion, and being afraid, the first thing I asked was " Do you accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior "?
The image dissapeared. My fear dissapeared. You can call me crazy, or nuts or whatever you want, but it appeared to work, and on that day, two days ago, Satan was real to me. Your shield is that statement.

Peace

[edit on 2-6-2005 by HIFIGUY]



posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
HIFIGUY, thing is you don't really "know" it was "satan", you saw and felt what seemed to be "evil" to you but that does not mean it was "satan". It could have been an "unclean spirit/demon" which the Bible and Jesus has also talked about. Also in the bible Jesus does mention satan but how do we know for sure that the "roman church" did not add that or possibly make certain parts up? Again, i am not saying that there is not a "satan" but just pointing some things out. I believe there is evil, you see it everyday.
JFDARBY, you are talking about the "lake of fire" at the end times of Revelations, it does not state that it is called hell. It says that the wicked will be cast into the lake of fire and that it is the "second death". It is debated if the lake of fire is "eternal" or if it is the burning up/death/final bit of life of those who did not choose God.
Also a lot of near death expirencer's state that they have seen "hell" as a seperation from God where spirits are living in a total darkness and there is no love anywhere and that everyones fear, hate and all those bad feelings are amplified toward each other there since there is no "goodness" there as they seperated themselves from God. Near death expirencer's seem to think/say that it is not nessasarily eternal though and that spirits there must learn to get out of that state. Maybe though it is a state of some sort of "purgatory". More info can be found on neardeath.com
I am not saying I believe in everything that site says, but it makes you think more as the people on there have actully died and then came back to life...



posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
sorry, thats www.near-death.com...



posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Also Hifiguy, I have also woke up afraid feeling there was something dark/evil there which then fades. However the other night I heard either my closet door shut or the knob of it make a noise and it woke me up and I felt fear for about a second but then the name Jesus sounded in my mind and I had no fear and everthing seemed fine. There are other times that I wake up feeling an evil/darkness for a short time but I stayed in fear longer, so i have been thinking about this lately and how when the name Jesus came to mind this time there was no fear at all



posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
According to Jewish thought, ha-Satan (lit. "the Adversary") is simply the Prosecuting Attorney, if you will, in the Heavenly Court. His job is to "accuse" people day and night. Does this mean that the rabbis believed Satan to be a REAL being? Well, ... not exactly....

The rabbis taught that Satan, the Evil Impulse and the Angel of Death were all one in the same. What does this mean?

The rabbis taught that the Evil Impulse isn't evil in and of itself, because WITHOUT IT we wouldn't engage in business, build a home, marry or begat children. Basically, the Evil Impulse - that is to say, our "Id", if you will - is nothing more than the Sex Drive (i.e., self-procreation) and our Survival Instinct (i.e., self-preservation) and these two clearly walk hand-in-hand. The Good Impulse (Heb. "Yetzer Ha-Tov") is basically one's "Super-Ego".

Our Sex Drive only becomes EVIL when self-procreation is turned toward selfish-sexual gratification, via the Agent of the Flesh (i.e., that "Old Man"; the "Id", etc.), without due regard for (or the consent of) one's partner per the established laws of the land and/or the Law of G_d, etc. (No, I'm not saying that sex is solely a procreative act).

Further, our Survival Instinct only becomes EVIL when self-preservation becomes selfish-proclamation - "Me! Me! Me! My needs, wants, desires before (and/or in place of) those of others!", etc.

So, in answer to the question.... Yes, Satan is real; howbeit, a REAL part of the human psyche. In short, Satan is that little voice in your head that accuses you day and night. Satan is that little voice in your head that tells you how worthless you are. Satan is your internal Critical Parent Ego-State, if you will. This is why the Apostle Paul writes that YOUR heart will accuse or excuse you come Judgement Day. You needn't worry about G_d judging and condemning you.... You'll do that yourself ... if you continue to allow your "Id" to govern your life.

According to the rabbinic literature ... the ultimate victory over the Evil Impulse won't come until it is removed from the human equation altogether, which will occur after the Resurrection. Hence, it is the destiny of Satan (i.e., your "Id") to be thrown into the Lake of Fire (i.e., the garbage dump, if you will).

The historical Yeshua (aka Jesus) validates this rabbinic concept in his own teaching about life in the post-Resurrection Era.

Luke 20: 34-36 - "The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection."

Yeshua (aka Jesus) is pointing out that in the post-Resurrection Era our Survival Instinct and Sex Drive will be removed. Why? Because one who is truly immortal doesn't need to protect themselves from death and one who is truly immortal need not procreate in order to perpetuate one’s self by having offspring.

I could go on and on, but ... I doubt anyone read this far.



posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
satan is more of a symbol then an actaul being. it is the symbol of sin, deciever, evil, bad. Given form to scare people into giving more money to churches that use him for fear (see Puragatory, indulgences, reformation)

Hell also is another symbol. with origins to a burning trash pit in judea called Gehenna as an example of what life where "there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth"

Now waxpineapple, for predestination to work you need to understand that God has nothing to do with man sinning. And thus probly opens up the orverbial can of worms that has been hotly debated since moses brought down the 10 commandments from the mountain.



posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by humbled_one
HIFIGUY, thing is you don't really "know" it was "satan", you saw and felt what seemed to be "evil" to you but that does not mean it was "satan".


Anyone who had met Satan will say otherwise. You do not know that he did NOT meet Satan. Satan won't hide if you ask to see him in order to believe in him. Don't try it though, it can screw you up for a good number of years if you're able to get through it. Just speaking from experience.



It could have been an "unclean spirit/demon" which the Bible and Jesus has also talked about. Also in the bible Jesus does mention satan but how do we know for sure that the "roman church" did not add that or possibly make certain parts up?


I'm not part of the "roman church".



Again, i am not saying that there is not a "satan" but just pointing some things out. I believe there is evil, you see it everyday.
JFDARBY, you are talking about the "lake of fire" at the end times of Revelations, it does not state that it is called hell. It says that the wicked will be cast into the lake of fire and that it is the "second death". It is debated if the lake of fire is "eternal" or if it is the burning up/death/final bit of life of those who did not choose God.


Jesus mentions it in a few of the gospels. Matthew 25:41 for starters.



Also a lot of near death expirencer's state that they have seen "hell" as a seperation from God where spirits are living in a total darkness and there is no love anywhere and that everyones fear, hate and all those bad feelings are amplified toward each other there since there is no "goodness" there as they seperated themselves from God. Near death expirencer's seem to think/say that it is not nessasarily eternal though and that spirits there must learn to get out of that state. Maybe though it is a state of some sort of "purgatory". More info can be found on neardeath.com
I am not saying I believe in everything that site says, but it makes you think more as the people on there have actully died and then came back to life...


When you're a Christian, whether blazing fire, freezing cold, or empty void, an eternity without God with be just as painful. If someone were to say, "well Hell can't be THAT bad" would silly in my perspective. Why would anyone want anything but heaven?


Thank you for bringing your experiences here Hifiguy. It's very important to do so I think. Glad I could relay a helpful message to you and will have you in thoughts and prayers. You are absolutely on the right track now.

May love, faith, and hope be with you always,
God bless.


[edit on 3-6-2005 by saint4God]



posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Saint4God, I don't know why so many like you that think that "their" belief is the "only" correct way of thinking always want to suggest (with hostility it usually seems) that you have all the answers and everyone else is wrong ('
') .
First off I never said an eternity without God is not as painful as any other type of eternity. I actually expirenced what i believe to be an almost total seperation from God because of some things I did and it literally drove me insane for about a week. It was the most horrible feeling I have ever felt and part of it never left me, i will never forget it, i live in a repentent state every day all day long and it happened about a year ago. i do not know if i can be forgiven for the way i sort of "turned my back on God". i did not mean to, but it happened because of my stupid ego, hyper sex drive and wanting to make money, etc. I should have known better and wheater it was Satan or unclean/evil spirits or whatever, something got a hold of me and i was blind to it.
Second, i don't think you understood what i meant by the "roman church", please look up history on the church and how they put the New Testament together and how it is said they have possibly added things and taken away things, like
Third, how you mention Matthew 25:41, the correct word is not "eternal" it's "age-during". Go to biblegateway.com and look up the verse under the "Youngs" version of the Bible which is supposed to be one of the closet versions to what the bible actually says in it's original words that were not changed/manipulated, etc. What does "age-during" mean? I don't know for sure but a lot of people feel it may be for a certain amount of time as punishment to learn and not for all eternity. This is one of the reasons I brought up the people who have expirenced near death and what they say, afterall they have been closer to it then either you or myself, right?
As far as you meeting "Satan" or HIFIGUY meeting Satan, I never said neither of you did not meet him, what I said was how do you "know" for sure. How do you know it was not an unclean spirit using your belief in Satan to trick you? I am also not saying Satan does not exist. But it seems there are all types of negative/evil entites out there both walking around as men and out there in the spirit world. It sort of when people say "God himself spoke to me, and I KNOW it was God", yet according to the Bible God did not even speak to Mary himself about her being about to give birth to his son, God sent an angel instead. My point is Satan or evil or negative entites, etc. are numerous out there, yet so many people want to always say that it is simply one entity doing evil things and that it's name is Satan.
Unclean spirits are mentioned in different areas of the bible and by Jesus himself. When he cast out the unclean spirits and/or demons from the man and they fled into the swine/pigs they said that their name was "Legion" not Satan, for they were many.
SaintforGod , neither you or I have "all" the answers, only God does...



posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by smadewell
According to Jewish thought, ha-Satan (lit. "the Adversary") is simply the Prosecuting Attorney, if you will, in the Heavenly Court. His job is to "accuse" people day and night. Does this mean that the rabbis believed Satan to be a REAL being? Well, ... not exactly....

The rabbis taught that Satan, the Evil Impulse and the Angel of Death were all one in the same. What does this mean?

The rabbis taught that the Evil Impulse isn't evil in and of itself, because WITHOUT IT we wouldn't engage in business, build a home, marry or begat children. Basically, the Evil Impulse - that is to say, our "Id", if you will - is
nothing more than the Sex Drive (i.e., self-procreation) and our Survival Instinct (i.e., self-preservation) and these two clearly walk hand-in-hand. The Good Impulse (Heb. "Yetzer Ha-Tov") is basically one's "Super-Ego".

Our Sex Drive only becomes EVIL when self-procreation is turned toward selfish-sexual gratification, via the Agent of the Flesh (i.e., that "Old Man"; the "Id", etc.), without due regard for (or the consent of) one's partner per the established laws of the land and/or the Law of G_d, etc. (No, I'm not saying that sex is solely a procreative act).

Further, our Survival Instinct only becomes EVIL when self-preservation becomes selfish-proclamation - "Me! Me! Me! My needs, wants, desires before (and/or in place of) those of others!", etc.

So, in answer to the question.... Yes, Satan is real; howbeit, a REAL part of the human psyche. In short, Satan is that little voice in your head that accuses you day and night. Satan is that little voice in your head that tells you how worthless you are. Satan is your internal Critical Parent Ego-State, if you will. This is why the Apostle Paul writes that YOUR heart will accuse or excuse you come Judgement Day. You needn't worry about G_d judging and condemning you.... You'll do that yourself ... if you continue to allow your "Id" to govern your life.

According to the rabbinic literature ... the ultimate victory over the Evil Impulse won't come until it is removed from the human equation altogether, which will occur after the Resurrection. Hence, it is the destiny of Satan (i.e., your "Id") to be thrown into the Lake of Fire (i.e., the garbage dump, if you will).

The historical Yeshua (aka Jesus) validates this rabbinic concept in his own teaching about life in the post-Resurrection Era.

Luke 20: 34-36 - "The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection."

Yeshua (aka Jesus) is pointing out that in the post-Resurrection Era our Survival Instinct and Sex Drive will be removed. Why? Because one who is truly immortal doesn't need to protect themselves from death and one who is truly immortal need not procreate in order to perpetuate one’s self by having offspring.

I could go on and on, but ... I doubt anyone read this far.




Satan has many Names...

Lucifer ( satan, Lion, old man, Dragon, Deceiver, liar, Devil, The father of Death)))) and many more names is all the same Angle..

He is one of three Ark Angles that God had created, and he was the most Beautiful of all of Gods creations..

I don't know were he got it, but PRIDE inter into his heart because he was the most beautiful of all creation. He though he should have more than just being an Ark Angle, so he told Got that he wanted to run everything and Told God that he could run things much better being god than what God was,, Well the Boss didn't want anything to do with it. So he told lucifer that he had to leave Heaven and he was Fired as #2 Ark Angel..

During this time Lucifer had managed to get 1/3 of the Angles in Heaver to Join him in his quest to take the job of god and they also were kicked out of heaven but a hole big lot of then were chained and sent out into a big pit to were they will stay till the great Tribulation were they will hurt and kill all the people that they can, inorder to try to get even with God for Kicking them out of Heaven..

During the meantime Lucifer, (the deciver) goes to and from Heaven everyday to try to convict the chosen of there sins to God, trying to get God to bring raft on the childern of Jesus..

When he tell God that You have been so bad and do terrible things, God looks to Jesus and Jesus says all is ok and that Lucifer is lying again as he does always...

At the end of the Tribulation, Lucifer will be bound for 1000 years and during that time there will not be any sin it the world for 1000 years..

at the end of the 1000 years Lucifer will be freed for a (SEASON) to corrupt one last time, and the ones that will follow him and the ones that had died in there Sins will rise fron there graves and will be put into the fire of hell for a LLOOONNNGGGG Time. (there pain and suffering will last and last and last.... ( The Great white throng Judgment)))))))

[edit on 02/20/2005 by jfdarby]



posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfdarby
Satan has many Names...

Lucifer ( satan, Lion, old man, Dragon, Deceiver, liar, Devil, The father of Death)))) and many more names is all the same Angle.. {SNIP}


Yes, I'm aware of what the various Christian beliefs are with regard to "Satan" and to what degree their mythos was lifted from Jewish sources and to what degree our popular culture perpetuates the many faces of "Satan". Gravy for the brain, says I....





new topics
top topics
 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join