It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blacked out solar graph? why???

page: 1

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 05:37 AM
i've just found a picture of a radiation image of our sun in an eclipse (i think, something like that anyway) anyway, the unusual thing about it, is it has blacked out sections. here, look:

external image

(mod edit to reduce size of large image)
link to full sized image

[edit on 29-5-2005 by pantha]

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 05:39 AM
Hiya Scouse, R u blue or red?

Anyways, those images do that all th time. I'm sure some technical boffin will explain it all.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 05:50 AM
i'm blue
but doesnt bother me that much. i know they do it all the time, i've seen it a lot. but it doesnt make sense why they would need to block out natural phenomena really does it? but your probably right, thought i was onto something then lol
oh well eh, nevermind

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 05:54 AM
Hey, don't take my word for it. Someone's bound to suggest it, search ATS for LASCO or SOHO (if you didn't already know this), should be able to help you.

LFC - Champions of Europe

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 06:01 AM
Judging by the squareness of the black blocks and the corruption of one of the blocks near a black block, I'd say its just that, image corruption which doesn't alow them to compose a full image.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 06:40 AM
maybe its just an omission? but i'd still like to know what was supposed to be under there. maybe its like, ultra-strong radiation or something? oh well. can't ve all that important, otherwise it wouldnt' have been pu on the net in the first place

top topics