It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

looking for a good rts that isnt 3d

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
does anyone know of any good RTS games that are fairly low graphics? just need something to play on my old sony laptop, its like a pII.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Red Alert, Command and Conquer, maybe Tiberian Sun or Red Alert 2.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
StarCraft is the best bet, and broodwars.. exp to SC... One of the best games Blizzard ever came out with..

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Rise of Nations and its expansion pack thrones and patriots are a good bet

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   
i really dig that game, but its a little high powered for my poor little sony..

thanks for the reply tho!

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Definetly Starcraft. As good as it comes with RTS.

Age of Empires is great, too. And, Warcraft II will even work on a pentium.

OH, and Railroad Tycoon II, I've been playing it again after 3-4 years, and I'm addicted to it all over again.

[edit on 6/23/2005 by soulforge]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Does anyone else absolutely hate how they're making everything 3D now? I love former Command and Conquer games' 2D graphics. And you don't need the best system to run them perfectly. Tiberian Sun is my favorite RTS. Generals sucked, half because it was so da...rned slow even on my relatively new computer (at the time).

Go out and buy some "chest" based games. In maybe the past year, I bought a pack of Command and Conquer games (RA2, RA2:YR, TS, TS:FS, Renegade) and the Starcraft Battlechest thing for $20 each... maybe $15. The only complaint I have about Starcraft is the teeny tiny resolution. Isn't it 640x480? It still works.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Red Alert and SC have patheticly low system requirements. If you cant play those, I dont know how your on the internet.

Theres many small company games out there. Alot of hex/turn based stuff, but a few winners.

Im not sure really, I either go for world conquest strategy games, or 3D tacticals.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
oh try Total Annihilation, it is one of the greatest RTS's ever made. You will love it

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a great game that is pretty low in the graphics is elder scrolls arena. That game is awesome. I think it was the first 3d rpg. Im running it on windows 95 on a crap computer so it should work.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a great game that is pretty low in the graphics is elder scrolls arena. That game is awesome. I think it was the first 3d rpg. Im running it on windows 95 on a crap computer so it should work.

top topics

join