It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TV in your head

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Yesterday I had a weird experience and I was hoping some of you could help me find out what it was.

I was trying to sleep but I was a bit nervous, and my mind started to wander, then suddenly I heard a voice and felt like something clicked in my head, then I saw a flash of images for a few seconds, it was very disorienting, for a few moments afterwards I was scared, wondering if I was schizophrenic or something, it felt like my head was a TV, I had no control of my mind.

Has anybody had a similar experience? or knows what it could have been?

Thanks.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
My brother has visions - and has had for years - that he describes as being very similar to what you are describing. Though I have never heard him report any sounds/voices accompanying them. They are flashes of events that he sees as very close to photographic negative images - is that what you experienced?

I would be very interested in reading what you saw. And if these continue, would be most appreciative if you maintain a journal on them - recording them as quickly as possible after having them so that details are not forgotten.

Also, I opened this thread because of the title - I have my own personal opinion concerning prophetic visions - both of famous prophets/seers as well as just us old folks who have visions at time. Since your thread was not on this subject, I will wait to see if you would like to discuss this.

[edit on 5-29-2005 by Valhall]

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I believe it to be remote viewing,because i too had one personal experience with this.During that period of time i was busy experimenting with binaural beat and the Alpha,Theta and even Delta state of mind.I was also messing with the Silva ultramind Esp system.Then one afternoon,after messing with these cd that entrain the mind.i took a short nap and try to tune in to one of these levels of mind with the intention of maybe remote viewing where Osama is.......
(there is a huge bounty on his head lol!!)Suddenly,i was able to tune in to a state of mind which switch on a mini tv screen in my mind eye.I dont know which state of mind it was,but this state of mind show me some scene of places that i have never personally seen before and some strangers too.i didnt really see Osama in the "video clip" neither do i know the location of the scenes i was being shown.So i didnt do any follow ups on it.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I can sort of relate to this, but i think its just normal and explainable. When i first lie down to sleep, sometimes ill get flashes of images, just enough to understand whats going on, but not see in detail.

they are not in color, much like a negative like valhall said.

usually its of stuff i dont want to see, sometimes ill be almost frightened. i have to open my eyes to make it stop. lol that sounds funny.

it can be quite shocking, but i think its just my mind making junk up.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Also, I opened this thread because of the title - I have my own personal opinion concerning prophetic visions - both of famous prophets/seers as well as just us old folks who have visions at time. Since your thread was not on this subject, I will wait to see if you would like to discuss this.

[edit on 5-29-2005 by Valhall]

Ohh I hope he sais yes because I'd love to hear your opinions, research and/or experience with this

Anyway, welcome to visions my friend the most exciting and powerful yet insanity invoking powers
Do you remember what you were thinking about before the visions. You say you were nervous, could something have triggered these visions and if you can remember, did they relate to what was on your mind? Just trying to find the catalyst for you so you can practice more.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Sure, we can discuss about prophetic visions, I mean, for all I know what I saw could have been the future, or flashes from it, too bad I didn't write down what I saw, because now most of it has faded from my memory.

It hasn't happened again, and it makes me sad, because I'd have liked to experience it again.

Also the images I saw, were not still images, they were like short 2 or 3 second films, in full color, very vivid, like real life, and the short clips where unrelated, I remember seeing a woman in the first one, then I think I saw a city, and I don't remember the rest, it didn't have sound though, just the voice I heard before seeing the images.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Hey, Oni, I think what you are experiencing are called Hypnopompic images.
They are short usually very short snipits of action or conversation and imagery that your brain creates before you actually enter REM sleep. Usually it occurs when the subject is very tired or stressed out and the subconcious is trying to let off some steam.

Here are a couple of links that may be useful. Hope they help.

skepdic.com...

www.asdreams.org...

Sweet dreams!

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I believe I saw images in my head the other night before I was asleep. I was just simply thinking, my dreams can't even wait for me to fall asleep first now. It's kind of strange though when you have the ability to lucid dream. I delayed some massive explosions and let some people fleeing in a spacecraft escape the planet's explosions. I didn't attribute these visions to any remote viewing in a distance star system though. I think it had more to do with watching Star Wars.
Maybe I was using the force.

If this is related to remote viewing, is there something interesting I might be able to focus on just to see what happens?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, is it more like a 'surge' than a click? The times I have experienced anything similar it has been a sort of 'electrical' (for lack of a better word) surge, and almost like it was audible, but not externally audible as well if that makes sense. Like a shiver in the brain almost. Just asking because that has been my experience with a pre-visionary state.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I know as far as I am concerned, what I saw with my eyes closed but still conscious but probably very tired was very similiar to a dream. I must have TIVO in my head though because I was able to pause it until I got into bed. I only remember the first few seconds or so. I don't know if my dream is anything like what everyone else experiences.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I know the big one i had was the most profound experince I have ever had, believe me, if you have a vision, you will know it. It's like blasting off in a mental rocket, or jumping off a cliff into a total abyss at first. Total body paralysis, and I had the very frightening sensation of being pulled forwards rather than traveling anywhere. At least in my experience, that is what preceeds the vision. I had mine very early in my life, I was about 15 or so and had just started meditating as a kind of hobby I guess. It changed my life though and lead me on a quest for knowlege of sorts, so I think i am the better for it.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OniShiro
Yesterday I had a weird experience and I was hoping some of you could help me find out what it was.

I was trying to sleep but I was a bit nervous, and my mind started to wander, then suddenly I heard a voice and felt like something clicked in my head, then I saw a flash of images for a few seconds, it was very disorienting, for a few moments afterwards I was scared, wondering if I was schizophrenic or something, it felt like my head was a TV, I had no control of my mind.

Has anybody had a similar experience? or knows what it could have been?

Thanks.

Yea, It's happened to me

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
thes visions are only dream clips or hypnotic imager right before you get to sleep. its nothin paranormal. i get them all the time.

new topics

top topics

join