It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Anton Wilson and Operation Mindf*ck

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I was reading more about RAW and came across something called Operation Mindf***. What is this?

[edit on 28-5-2005 by Born]

Cug

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
One could say operation mind# is what started the modern Illuminati conspiracy theories as there really wasn't much out there when this book was written.

The Illuminatus! Trilogy basically took facts and mixed them with pure fiction.. It's have you believing in something, then pick it apart later leaving you wondering what the h is going on. It's really too hard for me to describe, Just read the books. I see a big online bookseller has all three in one volume for 12 bucks just get it.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   

"These books mix true information with imaginative fiction to engage the reader in what Wilson called "Operation Mind#". (Much of the odder material was derived from letters sent to Playboy magazine while Shea and Wilson were working as editors there.) It was advertised as "A fairy tale for paranoids." Although Shea and Wilson never partnered on such a scale again, Wilson has continued to expand upon the themes of the Illuminatus! books throughout his writing career."

www.nationmaster.com...

Bam!!! Basically another way to say conspiracy thoery, fable, or tall-tale. A mix of reality and fiction rather similar to David Icke, Alex Jones, etc.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I loved illuminatus and have read the entire thing a few times.

I think the main difference between RAW and people the likes of Icke and Jones is that RAW made it clear his was fiction.

Icke wants you to think it's real.

Spiderj

Hagbard lives!

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I first heard of the Illuminati by reading the Illuminataus...

I thought it was extreemly interesting.

I has some amazing syncronizities after reading this stuff.

For instance, the first time I read it in college,I remember a number of different books mentioned in about the first 100 pgs. of book I.

I had every one of these books in my dorm room!

I lived in an area that had a TV station 23.

One day i went into a smoke shop owened by a couple originally from Germany, and bought a pack of cigarettes brand name ENTRE 23.

Well the owerners eyes got as big as saucers, and after that i could never find thid brand again...

Cut, yo the chase, i think Operation Mind F*c# is a type of programming, infact RAW even says so...

To what its ultimate aim is i could only speculate....

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The Illuminatus trilogy is indeed a great read.

I had looked into the Illuminati a lot before reading it, and obviously when i saw the title it stood out to me.

Since reading that book its led me down paths i would never have thought of before, definately a must buy for the discerning Illuminati/Discordian Society fan.

I am also now a registered 'Saint' lol in the Discordian Church which is quite funky and cool!

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I first heard of the Illuminati via RAW's book "Masks of the Illuminati", I bought it from a guy who was in the O.T.O., this was in Tampa Florida, a place I was in apparently only long enough to buy the book.

Coincedence?

Actually maybe I heard about them first in RAW's Cosmic Trigger...yep thats it, thats why I picked up Masks...that and Albert Eisteing, James Joyce and Aleister Crowley all in one book was hard to resist.

top topics

join