It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Aliens really did attack us...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
IF aliens did place an attack on us, or reveal a plan to take over the world, or just randomly come up one day and destroy a city or country, what do you think the world reaction would be? How do you think that the countries of the world would deal, or at least try, to deal with this problem?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The U.S. and Russia are the only countries that could feasibly put up any defense

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well obviously, we'll try and defend ourselves.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Yes, I guess that was kind of an obvious answer, but what would we do...would the leaders of countries sit back in their shelters and let all of the civilians of their countries die, while trying to launch nukes to stop the aliens?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It would be interesting.

Cant wait, I prefer to team up and build.

I do hope the aliens are cool, otherwise.!

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
What makes you think we would automatically resort to nukes? I'm sure we have some crazy ass technology already from earlier encounters. Remember that "rail gun" video or whatever on Discovery I think it was. The trillions of dollars that have been put into the military since 1945 should have yielded far more effective weapons than nukes.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
If I may provide a opinion. While it is obvious that we would defend ourselves we must look at how prepared we are for the attack. I personally believe that the government in light of the many years of UFO sightings has made plans just incase. Depending on what conspiracies you are willing to believe you may actually think we have prepared since the sixties for an attack. Now I believe that if we do get attacked by aliens our defenses have a probability of 10% success based on a civilization that has the resources and technology to not only mount an attack but also carry it out between two different planets. Now this 10% success doesnt include the wiping out of both races by nuclear weapons. The other 90% percent would include domination and annihilation scenarios. Basically if said "alien" attack happens we will be anihiliated unless a "War Of The Worlds" scenario plays out or if our government or another government comes out with super beefed technology that has been hidden from us.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I believe that the government has only made plans to protect themselves and not the citizens of their country...

I don't have very much trust in governments, especially when it comes to aliens.

Omniscient.

JWB

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Yeah, but, You can't really blame them for doing their job. Which is to defend this country as a whole, a concept I couldn't understand until I was promoted to management at my job. A very trite position in comparison, but non the less it's up to me to balance the good of the company, with the good of the individual employee, especially when the good of the company directly effects the state of every employee. I can't even imagine the decisions that have to be made by the REAL people in charge.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
IF aliens did place an attack on us, or reveal a plan to take over the world, or just randomly come up one day and destroy a city or country, what do you think the world reaction would be?

Easy. They would probably nuke the living crap out of the aliens. See I think they would go, "well if we're going down anyways, might as well go down fighting"

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

IF aliens did place an attack on us, or reveal a plan to take over the world, or just randomly come up one day and destroy a city or country, what do you think the world reaction would be?

Easy. They would probably nuke the living crap out of the aliens. See I think they would go, "well if we're going down anyways, might as well go down fighting"

That's the same idea I have about what would happen if we went to war with a country like North Korea. If they knew they were going to lose, they would just drop all their nukes on us, because they had nothing to lose in doing so. Kind of random, but still...

Omniscient.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I think we would simply wipe ourselves out trying, do the job for em in other words.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Let the star wars battle commence!

Really if aliens did attack we would be....

I wonder, I really do.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder if the government would unveil years and years and years of their secret technology that might somehow put up a good fight against them.

Omniscient.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I agree O.

Heres to more ay.!

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I believe that the government has only made plans to protect themselves and not the citizens of their country...

I don't have very much trust in governments, especially when it comes to aliens.

Omniscient.

That is just absurd. What is a government without its people? Nothing. Lets just say for a minute that they dont care about us. We all die, then what, 200-300 Gov officials are left to rule the world? Who are they going to rule and how, their power is derived from the masses no matter how you look at it

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Well surely, if the aliens were powerful enough to eliminate EVERYONE on earth, then they would be gone whether they created ways to protect themselves or not...however, they could go into hiding while ordering attacks on the aliens, and even if the aliens killed many many people, like all the major cities and areas, there would still be many people left for them to rule, this is considering that either the aliens let us live or we somehow fought them off. So they would still have people to rule just not as many. And as I said, if the aliens did have the power to eliminate all other people on the earth, they would surely have the power to eliminate these 'elite' government persons in their hideaways.

Omniscient.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
no,no,no,no,no,no,no,NO! You're all wrong! omg! i can't believe how stupid u people are!!!! it's obvious, we'll get the ship out of Area 51, fly it into space (possibly by Will Smith) and upload a virus into the mothership! therefore all the other ships will just blow up! tut, u people, i thought that was obvious
tbh. i reckon we'd just get wiped out before they even came into a loose orbit of the planet. doubt they'd travel all this way with a big fat army. they'd do it efficiently, with some bomb, maybe a plasma bomb? or plague bomb. they aren't going to want to harm the actual ecosystem of the planet, i mean, they would only start a war if they needed the planet for something. whats the point in risking half of your civilisation just for the sake of annihaliting a planet? seems a bit "mars attacks" to me

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   

...what do you think the world reaction would be?

LETS GET DRUNK AND HAVE PANIC SEX!

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Yes assuming they don't have Norton's antivirus, then you plan is doomed!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join