posted on May, 28 2005 @ 04:15 PM
The American executive director of an international consortium tasked with building North Korea's light water nuclear reactors failed to have his
contract renewed by the American government this week. Effectively crippling the nuclear power plants construction which was promised under the Agreed
Framework. Also earlier this week Washington abruptly ceased remains recovery operations citing an unsafe environment. An analyst who asked not be be
named said "In the hypothetical event that there were a military strike, any POW/MIA team would be at great risk of being held hostage,"
SEOUL — By severing some of the few remaining U.S. ties with North Korea in recent days, the Bush administration appears to be trying to further
isolate the Pyongyang regime over its pursuit of nuclear weapons, analysts say.
Wednesday's suspension of a Pentagon program to recover the remains of U.S. soldiers killed in the Korean War puts an end to one of the few regular
channels of face-to-face contact between Americans and North Koreans. It also cuts off a source of hard currency for the communist nation's army,
which was being paid millions to assist in the search for remains
Also this week, the U.S. refused to renew the contract of the American executive director of an international consortium in charge of supplying energy
to North Korea.
Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
This article has only strengthend my concerns that military action is impending against North Korea.
Food aid is probably going to be witheld from North Korea contrary to the American governments adamant assurances that political factors do not
influence its decisions on humanitarian aid
It has not yet indicated whether it will make a pledge this year, said Anthony Banbury, Asia director of the U.N. World Food
The isolation of North Korea from food aid, diplomacy, money and face-to-face contacts all point in one scary direction: war
Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
[edit on 28/5/05 by subz]