It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"THEY" can hear you!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I am interested in knowing some basic information the capabilities that "they" have in relation to privacy-invasive techonologies that currently exist. I have heard conflicting statements along with statements that I find difficult to believe about the capabilities that government agencies, private intelligence agenciess have to enable "them" to listen in to conversations, know your location and you activities. For example, I have heard that it is possible for "them" to listen into the conversations in a room through a conventional telephone that is not in use, that is "hung up". I have also heard that the same came be done through an "inactive" cell phone. What is the truth? What are "their" capabilites in regards to snooping on the "average joe"?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'm quite sure they are using conventional tactics of fear to create agitation among those would want to fear them. They are also quite fond of pys-ops, something which works very well on civilians as it does on soldiers, it's the newest weapon of war;disinformation.

Deep

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Most new cellphones are built with a GPS transponder within them, which can transmit your location whether or not the cell-phone is on. Most phones have an option to turn off this chip, but unless you know how to get to it, or even know that you have one in your phone, that doesn't do much good. The FCC mandated that all new cell phones have GPS transponders, the reason is

Because cellphone calls to 911 (estimated at around 140,000 per year) do not give the 911 operator location information, the FCC mandated that wireless companies "be able to locate 67 percent of callers to 911 within 50 meters that elect the handset solution while those using network technology must be able to locate the caller within 100 meters."

Source

Source
That FCC mandate was sometime in 2001, so if your cellphone is younger than 4 years old I would say there is a fat chance "they" could already know where you are!

Also, in the e-realm - the FBI had already tried to use an invasive ISP filtering program called "carnivore" which would read through thousands of personal emails scanning for key "red-flag" words like bomb, terrorist, assassinate etc. Whether or not its use will continue to be upheld in face of privacy concerns is still unknown. Carnivore Info

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
I am interested in knowing some basic information the capabilities that "they" have in relation to privacy-invasive techonologies that currently exist. I have heard conflicting statements along with statements that I find difficult to believe about the capabilities that government agencies, private intelligence agenciess have to enable "them" to listen in to conversations, know your location and you activities. For example, I have heard that it is possible for "them" to listen into the conversations in a room through a conventional telephone that is not in use, that is "hung up". I have also heard that the same came be done through an "inactive" cell phone. What is the truth? What are "their" capabilites in regards to snooping on the "average joe"?

Cellphones is the best way to hear you. A cellphone can be commanded remotely to open up its microphone and send the signal to the base station. It can also be used to triangulate the onwer's position with accuracy of 5 meters.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
who is 'they'? can you be a little more specific? the government? the nwo? the beatles?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
One of the greatest myths is that no one can intrude into your personal life or listen to your conversations or record you on video, or track your where abouts.

The technology definitely exists and is used every day. The really good stuff cannot be purchased in the US unless you are a governmental agency or law enforcement of some kind which has a lot of funding. Old technology can be purchased outside of the US in other countries, but bringing it into the US as a civilian is illegal.

There are many manufacturers and you wouldn't know the good stuff was even there unless you had some serious equipment for scanning EMF and RF.

Here is an example of very old technology which is available in Russia:

edic-mini
record storage: 597 hours
3 month battery life
with solar verions which last up until the storage capacity is filled if there is sunlight in the room.

There are some systems which don't even have to be installed in you house like laser bounce. They point it at the windows of your house and can then listen to your conversations. This is also old technology.
How laser bounce works

Cell phones can be swapped so that your phone actually allows others to listen in at any time including during times when you are actually on the phone. This can also be done on land line phones.

Video cameras are extremely small now and the old technology is available in pinhole cams, which can be hidden in just about anything and wirelessly transmitted to a receiver/recorder.
wireless covert cams

Cell phones can also track you when they are on, even the ones which do not have GPS enabled. Any good google search will show you how. Just think triangulation. Again, that is old technology.

I will not go into what current technology can do or how it works, but suffice it to say that it is FAR better than the post cold war garbage available on the market. The examples above are what can be done by civilians with money and a willingness to break the law. If an three letter agency does it, you will never know they are watching, unless you are one of them or you have equipment that has parity, which is doubtful.

If you are not breaking the law, then you have nothing to fear. People are too paranoid and think that just because they have unpaid parking tickets that the government will monitor their thoughts. Not true. Unless you are a radical or a criminal, you will go on as unnoticed as an ant in a summer lawn.

If you are a known radical, a criminal, or both, they know how many squares of toilet paper you use (if you use any...sometimes I make myself laugh at the double entendre) and pretty much everything about you including what you ate last night and if it agreed with you.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I have a cellphone through Verizon, and I have the option of turning GPS on or off. I can have it on all the time, off all the time, or on only if I dial 911.

I'm wondering if that even makes any difference. I have it set to where the GPS is on only during a 911 call--I did that just in case I have an accident or something and can't give my location.

I got the phone last year.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
I'm wondering if that even makes any difference. I have it set to where the GPS is on only during a 911 call--I did that just in case I have an accident or something and can't give my location.

If they wanted to know where you are, just your cell being on could tell them what towers your cell was talking to. Using signal strength to determine which tower you were closest to could give then an area to look in. The more towers your phone was in contact with, the narrower the area they know you are in. That works with any cell phone. GPS phones can give them your location within a few meters.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
benevolent tyrant

The truth is, that Rumsfeld has "Mystery Contingency Operations Contractors", who sneak around "Threatening Journalists". !@ *

Are the above links reliable, or are they just more distractions. OR is it all just more ploys from the likes of cia & co.

This might also have something to do with it, "Patriot Act Renewed Bill" -
www.eff.org...

[edit on 29-5-2005 by Lurker]

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Also, check out www.echelonwatch.org...

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The NSA traces millions and millions of electronic communications everyday... This is from around America, to around the world... I think we would be surprised how often 'they' would be listening to us... The NSA employs some of the worlds best hackers, spies, code-breakers etc etc - and would be using them to their up-most...

Due to my political actvities I would bet anyone $100 that I am on an ASIO list somewhere...
When we were cleaning out our national office, they came across 8 'bugs' (electronic listening devices)...

In Australia after 25 years you can access information via the equivalent of your 'Freedom of Information Act' ... There are some of the 'old-timers' (activists during the Vietnam era) that have huge ASIO files - because they posed a 'threat' (apparently) to Australias national security... Its rediculous...

And thats Australias ASIO, imagine what the CIA, FBI, NSA etc, of America have done (considering their budget and assets)...

'They' are listening more than you think...

new topics

join