It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happend to the F117s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
what happened to the story Foxnews Channel was running about the F117 flying over to South Korea, it aired a couple of time and then it just disapered. and i can;t find anything on their website about it either

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
... how much coverage do you need on this subject? They were flown there. And now they are... there!

I'm sure they are doing fine without constant media attention, if they wern't then they'd go on American Idol or something.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Improved Stealth Capability

Apparently, the new coatings they have applied to the F117s are capable of absorbing media coverage in addition to a wide swath of the electromagnetic spectrum.

My American tax dollars at work.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Why does an aircrafft need to absorb media waves? And on top of that how do you absorb media coverage, it satellite or radio?

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
What Sean Penn Needs

Originally posted by Baphomet79
Why does an aircrafft need to absorb media waves? And on top of that how do you absorb media coverage, it satellite or radio?

Well, as you know, the greatest threat to a stealth aircraft's secrecy is media attention, so it makes sense to cover them with a media absorbant coating.

That way, their positions cannot be reported by the press.

Doh! Sorry, I am so totally pulling your leg. If anything, the fact that we're talking about them on a worldwide discussion forum is evidence that the coating doesn't work -- and that there is no such coating.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
If military radar can't accurately detect Stealth Technology, what makes you think the media could?

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I was just wondering why they had a couple of storys on the news and then they disapeard from the news agencies, a person on this board asked me for a link to the report I seen on FOXNEWS. but when i looked for the story on the website nothing about it was on there. its not like we don't want NK to know yeah we got some fire power coming over there, go head and test your nukes. I just wanted to know if the story was wrong. but I see no retractions or even any evidence about the story what so ever.

[edit on 30-5-2005 by finnman68]

top topics

join