It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats pushing for a Draft, again.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
1010wins.com...

Here they go again. After Republicans shut them down the 1st time, Democrats are trying to bring up the Draft again.

Listen up Democrats, America does not want or need a draft. So stop bringing it up.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I disagree with the draft as well, but I think you overlooked or simply chose to ignore a key statement in your half-truths:

Rangel, an anti-war Democrat from Harlem, offered the same measure last year, only to vote against it when Republicans brought the bill to the House.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I disagree with the draft as well, but I think you overlooked or simply chose to ignore a key statement in your half-truths:

Rangel, an anti-war Democrat from Harlem, offered the same measure last year, only to vote against it when Republicans brought the bill to the House.

Yeah, and if you remember right, Republicans brought it to a vote to kill it, which they did. Now it is being brought up again by the same Democrat who voted against it? Democrats must think we are stupid. Excuse me, Democrats KNOW we are stupid, that is why they pull stuff like this.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I don't agree with a lot of what Democrats have to say, but I respect them as a political party.

I don't think it's fair to generalize Democrats as supporters of a draft. I think it's safe to say that a draft won't happen any time soon though.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
"when Republicans brought the bill to the House." Ahem, REPUBLICANS! Unless there is something wrong with your eyes, that says the republicans, not dems.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
"when Republicans brought the bill to the House." Ahem, REPUBLICANS! Unless there is something wrong with your eyes, that says the republicans, not dems.

Yes, Republicans! There was so much commotion about the draft, that Republicans brought it to a vote to kill it, instead of letting it linger around causing rumors.

The democrat that introduced the Draft Bill voted AGAINST his own bill. That is the kind of games democrats like to play.

[edit on 28-5-2005 by Carseller4]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'd like to see some sources that this is the same guy who wrote the previous Draft Bill. I'd also like to see sources of Republican officials' statements before the bill was introduced that their intention was to bring it to Congress to kill it.

Thanks in advance.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I'd like to see some sources that this is the same guy who wrote the previous Draft Bill. I'd also like to see sources of Republican officials' statements before the bill was introduced that their intention was to bring it to Congress to kill it.

Thanks in advance.

www.foxnews.com...

www.washingtontimes.com...

"We've had enough of that. We're going to call them on it. The Democrats are the only people that have a bill instituting the draft; we're going to bring it out there, and we're going to put a nail in it." Tom Delay

Yesterday's draft bill — sponsored by Rep. Charles B. Rangel, New York Democrat — was defeated 402-2, with even Mr. Rangel voting against the proposal that called for reinstituting the practice abandoned in 1973 when the military converted to an all-volunteer force.
Rep. John P. Murtha, Pennsylvania Democrat, and Rep. Pete Stark, California Democrat, voted for the measure.

Why are people so blind? It was so obvious what the dems where trying to do.

The worst thing about this bill was the Congressman that introduced it, voted against it, and only Democrats voted for it. Now the same idiot that voted against it is bringing it up again. Is he going to vote for his own bill this time?

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Carsellr, give it a rest man. This is nothing more than the same political BS that is played out year after year and there is not a damn thing you or I can do about it. Bot sides are prettty much out to do what will appear to make the other side fall. There is more to this story than you or I will ever find out about.

I am so sick of 'Your party sucks but mine is godlike' mentality on PTS.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Carsellr, give it a rest man. This is nothing more than the same political BS that is played out year after year and there is not a damn thing you or I can do about it. Bot sides are prettty much out to do what will appear to make the other side fall. There is more to this story than you or I will ever find out about.

I am so sick of 'Your party sucks but mine is godlike' mentality on PTS.

OK, this is your mission if you choose to accept it.

Give an example of a Republican introduced bill that the sponsor voted against his own bill.

That is exactly what Democrat Charlie Rangel did and is trying to do again, by reinstating the draft.

new topics

top topics

join