It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-emptive strike on Iran Would Provoke Rebellion in Muslim World: Pakistan Leader

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

BERLIN: President Pervez Musharraf has said the attack on Iran would provoke a rebellion in the Muslim world.

In an interview published in a German weekly Saturday he opposed any attack on Iran.

Asked by the weekly how to prevent Iran from developing a military nuclear program, Musharraf said: "I do not know. They are very anxious to have the bomb."

But a preventive war against Tehran would lead to "a disaster considering the current state of the world," the Pakistan leader said.

"It would provoke a rebellion in the Muslim world. Why open up new fronts?"
He was quoted by the weekly as saying.

Article

Fine words from the leader of a muslim country that already has 'the bomb'.
But, i'm sure he is also correct.

Sanc'.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It didn't happen when Isreal took out those nuke plants in Iraq i think it was some time in the mid to late 80's, were was all the out rage?
I don't care just stop people who want to blackmale the rest of the world or kill innocent people becuase they don't like other religions or things that offend them. we all are different in are views of how things should be but stop tring to kill people like me for not being as you are.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by finnman68
It didn't happen when Isreal took out those nuke plants in Iraq i think it was some time in the mid to late 80's, were was all the out rage?
I don't care just stop people who want to blackmale the rest of the world or kill innocent people becuase they don't like other religions or things that offend them. we all are different in are views of how things should be but stop tring to kill people like me for not being as you are.

I wasn't aware they were killing people who were not like them over in Iran.
Got links?

As far as Iraq was concerned, they were caught up in a war against Iran at the time so they really weren't in a position to strike back at that point.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well I guess when Israel took upon itself to go into Iraq. The muslin world really didn't care much taking in consideration Saddam's popularity.

But Iran is another issue a more important and central issue for the muslin World.

I agree that it could be some repercussion with a pre-emptive strike in Iran.

Perhaps we should allow Israel to got for it first and see what will happen and then US can have a legit reason to get involved.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I was talking about the Iranian based Hezballha, I'm not sure how thats spelled. you have never heard them metion how they would like to drive all of the Jews into the sea. and I'm sure there is other terrorest groups over there that want to kill all westerners that don't fallow their ideology. I'm speculating on what I've seen over the Quran people are very passionate about things like that. I don't see Americans protesting with Iranian flag burning them, burining mock dummies of there leaders on TV. what is the point of all of that? i want to see all good people live good lives all raceses and religions. but there is always bad apples hiding in the barrel, i believe most iranians are good people and i don;t think they have a choice to protest against their own goevernment like they want to, but tell me why they need a nuke or for that matter why nuke power

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by finnman68
...tell me why they need a nuke or for that matter why nuke power

If Iraq had a Nuclear weapon it may have deterred an invasion so that may be one reason the Iran would want one. That's assuming they do.

As far as nuclear energy, here's a reason why they would want that.

Iran's electricity imports outstrips exports
Tehran, May 9, IRNA-Managing Director of Power Production, Transmission and Distribution Company (TAVANIR) said in Tehran on Sunday that Iran's electricity import from neighbouring countries is 500,000 kw/h more than its exports, `Iran Daily' wrote Monday.

The daily quoted Mohammad Ahmadian as saying that Iran imports 1.2 million kw/h of electricity per year but exports 700,000 kw/h.

Right now, they're importing electricity. Having nuclear power plants may eliminate the need to do that.

Here's another reason:

payvand
Zanganeh said that businesses that are relying just on non-replenishable natural resources, will not be able to help in the generation of wealth and value-added.

He said despite rich natural resources, Iran can not claim being rich, unless it moves towards development based on knowledge.

Putting total value of underground resources at about dlrs six trillion, Zanganeh said it is equal to Japan's annual GDP and 60 percent of the US' GDP.

Iran does not have an endless supply of oil to keep their economy going.
There's only $6 trillion worth of natural resources. According to the site below, Iranian oil reserves could be depleted in about 68 years. link That's within the lifetime of many Iranians alive today.
They have to prepare for that eventuality now. If nuclear energy is utilized, they can reduce domestic oil consumption and extend the lives of their reserves.

[edit on 28-5-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Ok thats something that i didn't know, well thanks for the links I'll look at them. for more info on that subject. but them having a bomb as a deterent I think well just make more of a chance for them to be attacked.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
That was some good information, so good, that I even gave you a WATS award for it.

I agree with the notion that a pre-emptive strike on Iran --assuming it comes from Israel-- would spark a much belated Islamic revolution in the Middle East with a very deliterious affect of the rest of the world. Do remember, the Middle East already feels oppresed, not only from it's own breast, but that of the wests; you cannot stir the pot more than it has been. The pascifists touch has never been the forte of the Middle East, and they have been taught ever since colonial oppresion, the rules of 'might equals right'. When they do revolt, I do believe that the current situtation in Iraq would look like a school yard fight.

Deep

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

BERLIN: President Pervez Musharraf has said the attack on Iran would provoke a rebellion in the Muslim world.

Arabs are so divided into many groups, that any co-ordinated move is doomed to fail before it even begins.

It's bad that Iran wants to have nukes, but personally I think it's more manly not have any nukes. All nukes should be destroyed, and we should battle it out with traditional methods.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
All nukes should be destroyed, and we should battle it out with traditional methods.

That reminds me of a quote by Albert Einstein:
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

I think what Pervez is saying is, when the other States seeking the bomb subside 15 feet into the ground, his own people might hang him and beat their Bombs into- plowshares?

He's afraid of losing his own gig.

[edit on 28-5-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The Einstein quote is an excellent one, aceofbase thanks for recalling it for me.

For all the commentary about the right-and-wrong of Iranian possession of nuclear weapons.....should they acquire the capability, there will be a nuclear detonation somewhere. It could be in the US, though I think they'd much prefer it to be Israel, and frankly easier to accomplish.

A target that has occurred to me as I've pondered this eventuality, might also be Baghdad, where such a detonation would take out untold numbers of our troops in a 'nuclear Stalingrad'. How might the US react to in increase in the KIAs to 30,000 in a single day?

new topics

top topics

join