It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Bible make sure there will never be another Prophet?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Does the Bible make sure there will never be another Prophet?

Going back to the original question, I believe the Koran said there will be no other prophet as Mohamad was the seal of the prophets. There will be two prophets at the end of history of man.

I have heared a theory that the two Prophets in Revelations represent nations as the witnesses. But I believe the original story of God sending us two prophets and then having them assasinated.

One thought is I bet the TV crews will be keeping their cameras very close to them as they perform these powers as people will die who ever attacks them. A long the line the authorities will probably kill them on live TV to show they got rid of them as proof. And they will probably still have cameras out for 3 days because someone pointed out that they will return or to prove it was all false, or all true as people gather around the area to see.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
REVELATIONS 22:18

"I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add him the plagues described in this book. (19) And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book."

Although it may have been St. John's intention to only refer to the book of Revelations, it may have been the true author's intention to serve as a statement to deter any other from adding to the whole of the book.

I believe that Truth and Love are the top the "state of mind food chain".

Consider this:

What is the opposite of Love?

Hate?

How can you truly hate anything unless you were overcome with fear at the possibility that what you hate could take something/someone you love away from you.

In other words the only reason people fear is because they fear losing something they love, or something/someone they love being hurt.

So, in that respect when someone fears God ..... aren't they in effect doing the opposite of loving God?

Fear is the emotional/cognitive reaction we endure when someone or something we love may be deminished.

Hate is the next logical step in reacting to what it is we fear has the potential to kill or wound someone we love.

So, then: The bible's intention may be to deter those who are ruled by fear and hate from making decievingly truthfull or loving statements in it.

So then, it is dependant entirely on the state of mind of the observer as to how they choose to interprit the word, whether it be negative emotion, or if they can reach within and recieve the most positive message and choose to intergrate that into their consciousness.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
jake1997...

There is also talk that St John the Theologian (Revelation) will come down to earth at the end of times, to Warn the people of the Antichrist.......

Quote///
St. John the Theologian died a natural death (the only one of the Apostles to do so), being around 105 years of age, during the time of Emperor Trajan. The circumstances of the Apostles death appeared to be unusual and even puzzling. Upon the insistence of Apostle John, he was buried alive.
On the following day, when the tomb was unearthed it turned out to be empty. This event somewhat affirmed the belief in the conjecture of some Christians that Apostle John will not die but will live until the Second coming of Christ and that he will unmask the Antichrist.
The reason for such a surmise was served by the words said by the Saviour not long before his Ascention.
To the question of Apostle Peter as to what will become with Apostle John, the Lord answered,
''If I will that he remain until I come (the second time) what is that to you? You follow Me "Apostle John makes a notation regarding this in his Gospel: " This saying went out among the brethren that this disciple would not die" (John 21:22-23).

source.
www.fatheralexander.org...

IX
helen

[edit on 7/25/2005 by helen670]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

(Matthew 23:34-39 KJV)

Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
These are Jesus's words--and He's speaking of future not past. I checked my tenses, but by all means, do the same, yourself.

That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

'This generation' (genea) can also be translated, just as appropriately as 'those of this age', which is not a physical age, but a world age, which is different thing altogether. The root that the word comes from (genos) has got a very broad definition, so therefore it is a contextual discernment.

Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

The word 'generation' causes a lot of confusion in its assumed definition and application in the NT. That's because it doesn't make sense-nothing adds up.
The bible always makes sense--we cannot understand it always at first, but there is a difference between being able to comprehend something and something that just doesn't make sense. We can all tell the difference--we do every day in all other parts of our lives.

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
If these will not see the LORD, until someone comes in His name and they are glad to see them--then obviously there are more who will come in His name.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join