It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you belive!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
just a quick poll
do you belive in gods in todays years of science?

and do you belive in reincarnation or gods that can reincarnate?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
No, I don't believe in 'gods'. I believe there is ONE God though he may have many names.

I'm not a believer in reincarnation but I also would not rule it out 100%.

So far there has been nothing scientific that would prove to me that God doesn't exist. I believe most, if not all, of the Old Testament is allegory so science has no impact on my belief in God. I'm fine with the theory of evolution and other scientific theories. In my mind there is no reason why science and God can't coexist peacefully!

Jemison

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
i believe there are many entities that contain god/godess like prowess. i don't believe in the christian nor muslim god, at least not the way those are portrait in the books.

i do believe there is reincarnation of the soul into a new body.

reason why...because i know so due to astral travel and asking them myself and also meeting various entities such as Gaia.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I dont beleive in any god or neither do I have any religious beleifs, ive never read any religious book either, and I dont intend to.

I do beleive reincarnation could potentially become a reality, but not godly, strictly scientifically.

[edit on 28-5-2005 by Zanzibar]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I do believe in reincarnation and the paranormal
But I don’t believe in god.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Nope don`t believe in anything that l cannot touch/smell/speak too or basically haven`t seen.Which begs the question why am l on here on a Saturday Night when l could be pickin up/getting drunk.Well people and Psychology keeps me here most of the time.I`ve been around Paranormal etc etc etc a long time yet to experiacne anything that cannot explain rationally.Guess Psychology explains it better than peoples beliefs.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Yes I do believe in beings that have godlike powers. Though of course that is all relative, and that doesn’t necessarily make them gods. As for a supreme entity, I suspect that there may be a sort of global consciousness, though I don’t believe it’s the same as the one from the bible. Course this is all just speculation and I recognize that I really don’t know for sure. Though I’m quite confident in the existence of reincarnation.

As for science, I know that our scientific knowledge is still quite limited, but I trust it. And I know that what we may not be able to prove or understand now, we will in the future provided we live that long.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I believe in GOD as in the one true god that created everything , and no i don't believe in reincarnation . oops

[edit on 28-5-2005 by tempogen]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
There is ONE God, only one. He CAN reincarnate - he 'can' do anything. But He does not reincarnate physicaly. We only have to go around here once stuck in a physical body.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
There is ONE God, only one. He CAN reincarnate - he 'can' do anything. But He does not reincarnate physicaly. We only have to go around here once stuck in a physical body.

How do you no this????????

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo

How do you no this????????

Faith is answer enough for me. We could go into the whole science vs. bible ordeal - but that's been done to death

Also, being a spiritual person (aside from religion even) just takes me to that conclution. (It don't hurt to ask them specificaly either. LOL!)

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I believe in One God, and angels, not necessarily the way christians and muslims think of God though. More like the way the East views God(Brahman).
And yes i believe in reincarnation....

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Faith is answer enough for me. We could go into the whole science vs. bible ordeal - but that's been done to death

Also, being a spiritual person (aside from religion even) just takes me to that conclution. (It don't hurt to ask them specificaly either. LOL!)

Could you write simply ( l`m not trying to prove disprove you and frankly the subject is to huge for/against) how you no this to be fact.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
...in life after love.

I believe in something...don't know what though. As for anything else...who knows what all this is about. I can't even be sure if individuals actually exist or if it's only me here.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
i personally belive their is a "higher being" and at one point in our evolution or spiritualitly we can reach this level

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Yes I believe in God I believe that there is one true god who has taken on many different forms.. it is stated in the bible that once people of the world need to be united I believe that it is our humanness that prevents this from happening people are too stuck in their ways. As for why I believe I'm just a believer either you believe or you don't that's really all there is too it. I also believe in the paranormal I think the soul is capable of so much more and that it is in fact meant to be that way god has given us much more power than many of us know.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I believe in a God, but I have no scientific evidence to back that up; I take it pretty much on faith, although if there isn't a God, then there have been a lot of really big coincidences in my life. I suppose God could reincarnate if he wanted to, but I don't think he has done so. I don't believe in reincarnation, though I think that is probably instilled in me from my Mormon upbringing, since Mormons don't believe in reincarnation. I've read some interesting cases about people under hypnosis who tell of past lives, and things like that, so it can't be discounted entirely; something is definitely going on there, although it isn't necessarily reincarnation.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I personally belive in God. Through faith he has had an active presence in my life. There were times and events when I didn't know what I was going to do next... but my faith in God provided a way for me. I only wish my faith was even stronger...

As for reincarnation...I have always been skeptical. But I think it would be
the"spirit", not the "soul" that would reincarnate.

As a very old Christian Minister said to me; "I have a body , and I have a spirit, therefore I am a living soul."

To parpharse Genesis; "God formed man from the earth, and breathed into his nostrils, and he became a living soul"

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I believe that your mind can creat anything. it can create anything to substantiate your own beliefs, even create a reality for you.

How do you knwo places are real until you actually get there, and even then feeling something is just an electrical signal to your brain. how is it that you know that the signal can be trusted. We could all be fools.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reminds me of the brains in vats theory.. which states that how can we be sure that we'r enot all brains in vats being fed electrodes to stimulate and create the reality that we all know I've argued for hours on this theory. I'd like to hear others responses.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join