It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tips for Spaghetti

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
This is very simple. But this is how I found out the "special ingredient" to make spaghetti super good.

Back when I first moved out of the parents house when I was 18 I had my small studio apartment, I thought I was king of the world.

Well one evening I decided to cook me a pot of spaghetti. I made it the normal way brown the hamburger, add the ragu or prego or your favorite sauce and I boiled the noodles.

I thought I was done. Boy was I wrong. It just didnt taste right, or in better terms it taste like Moms

Well I call her up to get tips. She informs me to add 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoon of sugar next time. Saying how it balances the tartness or what I call a dark flavor of prego/ragu/etc.

The next time I made spaghetti I added 1 1/2 teaspoon of sugar into the sauce as I added the sauce to the hamburger meat. After all was done I tried it and man it was soooooo good. Now I usually add some chopped onions/black olives/etc, which you can add whatever you like of course. But next time you make spaghetti try adding just 1 to 1/2 teaspoon of sugar which is not really enough to taste but it balances the acidity of the sauce, or whatever it does Im not entirely sure.

But after using that tip I've done it now for the last 10 years everyime I make spaghetti and in my opinion I can make the best spaghetti on the planet hehe.

Try that tip next time and I bet you'll be surprised!

Enjoy

join