It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States is still a British Colony?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
[I don't want to come across as a whiny old schoolmaster complaining about ignorance, but dang it, we're supposed to deny ignorance here! Why is Trinityman the only one on this thread to actually take a few minutes to do real research?

Ummm.... isnt denying ignorance a bad, bad, bad thing? Denial means to pretend something doesn't exist.

"Deny Ignorance" = pretending Ignorance doesn't exist.

How about "stopping Ignorance", or "eradicating ignorace" as a better slogan?

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Open Secret, where on Earth do you get your information?

The most mysterious is actually the one in the southern area of Africa cuz its built exactly like the Pyramids in Egypt. Modern scientists refuse to publically say who buit it, when it was buit, why it was built, to even study it!

I guess it must be pretty mysterious, since I never heard of it either. Are you saying that there is this huge wall across parts of southern Africa built “just like the pyramids”? Would you care to give us some links to this mysterious wall?

My favorite scene is when Buddy Holly and his band go to Harlem during the Harlem Renn and play at the Apollo Theater

The Harlem Renaissance (or, as it was first called, “the New Negro Movement”) was in the 1920’s, before either Buddy Holly (1936-1959) and I (1944 - ) were born.

I'm talking about ownership. Black Americans never ever never ever owned Harlem.

Most of the small businesses in West Harlem were owned by Black people. If you’re interested in such, I recommend BLACK BUSINESS ENTERPRISE: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives, Edited by RONALD W. BAILEY (Basic Books, Inc., Publishers NEW YORK : LONDON

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Open Secret says:

Ummm.... isnt denying ignorance a bad, bad, bad thing? Denial means to pretend something doesn't exist.

No. In this context, "deny" means to "to declare untrue...to give a negative answer to ... to refuse to grant..." The definition you're thinking of. "to refuse to accept the existence, truth, or validity of " is fifth and last at the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary ( www.m-w.com... ).

But it doesn't really matter whether you say "deny ignorance", fight ignorance" or even "kick ignorance in the gonads". The bottom line here is that we should present stuff with at least some truth to it and some evidence to back up our assertions -- unless, of course, you say that "thus-and-so" is merely your opinion!

[edit on 4-6-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Open Secret, where on Earth do you get your information?

The most mysterious is actually the one in the southern area of Africa cuz its built exactly like the Pyramids in Egypt. Modern scientists refuse to publically say who buit it, when it was buit, why it was built, to even study it!

I guess it must be pretty mysterious, since I never heard of it either. Are you saying that there is this huge wall across parts of southern Africa built “just like the pyramids”? Would you care to give us some links to this mysterious wall?

There are no links on the internet. But if you have cable TV, watch the history channel. You can even order the special they did about it. The title of the series is:

"Africa : A History Denied"

They show the wall, its location, and how it was built exactly the way the Pyramids in Egypt were built. (Which are also built the same way as the most mysterious objects/wall on the entire planet - the Baalbek Stones. The wall the Baalbek Stones are in, is just a regular wall part of a temple.)

Maybe one day Ill travel there and take pics and post em on the internet heheh.

My favorite scene is when Buddy Holly and his band go to Harlem during the Harlem Renn and play at the Apollo Theater

The Harlem Renaissance (or, as it was first called, “the New Negro Movement”) was in the 1920’s, before either Buddy Holly (1936-1959) and I (1944 - ) were born.

The Harlem Renn continued on throughout the Jazz era, which spawned the Rock & Roll era. 1920's on throughout the 1950's. In time with Buddy Holly playing at the Apollo Theater. And his movie accuratly showing who really owned the site, of the center, the mecca, of all Black American culture.

I'm talking about ownership. Black Americans never ever never ever owned Harlem.

Most of the small businesses in West Harlem were owned by Black people. If you’re interested in such, I recommend BLACK BUSINESS ENTERPRISE: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives, Edited by RONALD W. BAILEY (Basic Books, Inc., Publishers NEW YORK : LONDON

*Ahem* That book vs how the mayor Guliani kicked hundreds of Black buisnessmen off and out of 125th street? 125th st is the "main street" of Harlem. How come Guliani was able to do it? Cuz the Black Americans don't own Harlem. They don't own the land, the buildings, the buisnesses. Not the major buisnesses, not the banks, not the supermarkets, not the clothing stores, drug stores, not the delis, not the apartment buildings. Owning a few small buisnesses = nothing. Cuz one either owns 100% of everything or else one has no 100% power or say or 100% run the show.

But Ill check out that book when I have the time.

[edit on 4-6-2005 by OpenSecret2012]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   

There are no links on the internet. But if you have cable TV, watch the history channel. You can even order the special they did about it. The title of the series is: "Africa : A History Denied"

Now let me get this straight. There's this huge wall in pieces all across southern Africa and there's no stories about it in any magazines, no articles in any scholarly journals of anthropology or ethnology, no photographs of it, no no mention of it in any high school or university textbook, no tours available for people to go see it, nothing at all except a video you want us to buy.

Right.

Maybe one day Ill travel there and take pics and post em on the internet heheh.

Good. You do that. But in the meantime, don't expect people to rush out and buy a video for something that does not appear or is mentioned anywhere else.

The Harlem Renn continued on throughout the Jazz era, which spawned the Rock & Roll era. 1920's on throughout the 1950's.

Here are my citations for the Harlem Renaissance (not "Harlem Renn").

www.nku.edu...
www.fatherryan.org...
www.csustan.edu...

Where are yours?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The USA isn't a country, its one giant corporation run by the same people who control Britian.

By the way, if this guy says he saw a documentary and gives you its title, how can you brush it off so simply? Watch the footage, or admit that you can't comment and form an opinion on it.

[edit on 5-6-2005 by paranoia]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
paranoia says:

The USA isn't a country, its one giant corporation run by the same people who control Britian.

Sure. And I suppose you have all the evidence for this in a video documentary somewhere that I can buy for $29.95, right?

ROFLMAO!!

By the way, if this guy says he saw a documentary and gives you its title, how can you brush it off so simply?

Two reasons, paranoia. First, none of his other stuff makes any sense; and second, I'm not going to waste my money for a video that may or may not have anything in it about some magic wall -- especially since there doesn't appear to be any other record anywhere else of this famous wall.

I may have been born at night, but I wasn't born last night!

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
No, not a video "roflmao". Here's a little bit of info for you, i'll provide more if you are interested. It's not really a hidden fact:

In 1604, a group of leading politicians, businessmen, merchants, manufacturers and bankers, met in Greenwich, then in the English county of Kent, and formed a corporation called the Virginia Company in anticipation of the imminent influx of white Europeans, mostly British at first, into the North American continent. Its main stockholder was King James I, and the original charter for the company was completed by April 10th 1606. After the original 13 American colonies won their ‘independence’ and an ‘independent’ country was formed after 1783, the Virginia Company simply changed its name to... the United States of America. You see there are two USAs, or rather a USA and a usA. The united states of America with a lower case ‘u’ and ‘5’ are the lands of the various states. These lands, are still owned by the British Crown as the head of the old Virginia Company. Then there is the United States of America, capital ‘U’ and ‘S’, which is the 68 square miles of land west of the Potomac River on which is built the federal capital, Washington DC and the District of Columbia. It also includes the US protectorates of Guam and Puerto Rico. The United States of America is not a country...

About the video - does that mean something you didnt' know anything about isnt true?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
"United States" means -- (A) a federal corporation 28 USC $ 3002(15), Ch.176, It is clear that the United States...is a corporation... 534 FEDERAL SUPPLEMENT 724.

It is well settled that "United States" et. al. is a corporation, originally incorporated February 21, 1871 under the name "District of Columbia," 16 Stat. 419 Chap. 62 (reorganized June 11, 1878); a bankrupt organization per House Joint Resolution 192 of June 5, 1933, Senate Report 93-549m and Executive Orders 6072, 6102, 6111, and 6246."

-John Doe et. al.

One needs to look at the origins of copyright law to see under what laws the corporation of United States was formed, hint: it will take you back to Britain. As well, as was alluded earlier, the inferior negotiating status of America during the Paris Treaty raises suspicions.

As well, there are lots of links showing that the Queen of England had some part in amending the Social Security laws in the United States. The information can be found here.

As well, perhaps it is not wise to refer to the US as a British colony, but as a colony of "The City".

It is often referred to as just the City or as the Square Mile (it is approximately one square mile (2.6 square kilometres) in area). In the Medieval period the City was synonymous with London, but the latter term is now reserved for the large conurbation surrounding it.

The City itself has two independent enclaves within it - Inner Temple and Middle Temple. It also has a number of exclaves well outside its own boundaries: these comprise eight open spaces (parks, forests and commons) in and around London.

Its Latin motto is "Domine dirige nos" which means "Lord, direct us".

The area of the City of London has been administered separately since 886, when Alfred the Great appointed his son-in-law Earl Ætheldred of Mercia as Governor of London. Alfred made sure that there was suitable accommodation for merchants from north west Europe, which were then extended to traders from the Baltic and Italy.

The City developed its own code of law for the mercantile classes, developing such an autonomy that Sir Laurence Gomme regarded the City as a separate Kingdom making its own laws. The City was composed of wards governed by Aldermen, who chaired the Wardmotes. There was a folkmoot for the whole of the city held in the shadows of St Paul's Cathedral. In the tenth century, Athelstan permitted eight mints to be established, compared to six in his capital, Winchester, indicating the wealth of the city.

The City of London has a unique political status, a legacy of its uninterrupted integrity as a corporate city since the Anglo Saxon period and its singular relationship with the crown. It is administered by the Corporation of London, headed by the Lord Mayor of London (not the same post as the more recent London Mayor, who presides over Greater London). The City is a ceremonial county too, although instead of having its own Lord-Lieutenant, the City of London has a Commission, headed by the Lord Mayor, exercising this function.

The City has a unique electoral system, which does not follow the usual rules of democracy, allowing businessmen a vote and arranging voters in wards with very unequal number of voters. This is sometimes a cause of controversy.

en.wikipedia.org...

And who is in charge of The City, well that will take you to the Vatican City and the Pope himself.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The USA is not a British Colony same as Canada , Australia , New Zealand and the rest of what we colonized hundreds of years ago. They are Countries that have ties with Britain because of history. We don't have any control over these countries , the Queen is just a figurehead to these people who still want her. Its like children having a respect for mum and dad who brought them into the world. If they want to have love for their creators thats OK, but its not forced on them. America is a country the Brits had a major part in a long time ago, but we don't see you in the same light as Australians , who on the most part are of British decent .Your Country has moved on and embraced a lot of cultures that set you apart from being Anglophile. America in the future might be looking to Spain as its Mother ,as your population changes.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Where is your evidence that the US is an independant country in it's own right? I see evidence to the contrary.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranoia
Where is your evidence that the US is an independant country in it's own right? I see evidence to the contrary.

Are you asking me that question?If you are i can assure you Britain has no control on USA policy

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
Are you asking me that question?If you are i can assure you Britain has no control on USA policy

The Queen and Social Security

Here you go.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Thanks Jahmun for the link. Bulldog i was asking you that question - HOW can you assure me this?Why would you chose to ignore the evidence presented? It's not new news.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Thats bull#, the Queen has no control over American politics, if she had you wouldn't be in the state you are , only joking. We don't have any say in your country , believe it.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

We don't have any say in your country , believe it.

Reality isn't always what we wish it to be. I'm sorry if it's hard for you to make sense of what has been posted.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I am from the UK. You haven't commented on the evidence. Of course this isn't referenced to in day to day politics, there's probably a good reason for that - but that's another discussion. By the way, the Queen, or the crown is similarly owned elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well the evidence is that the Usa does not do things that the British would want , if we had control they would do as we want, looking at old documents means nothing nowerdays. America is its own country nowerdays , the British have gone and i bet their glad.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
That's not a great deal of evidence you have going for you.
You presume to say you know what "Britain" wants? I don't see much difference between the British agenda and the American agenda.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Ask any American if they feel they are still ruled by the British and guess what you will get?There is no way the Queen has rights in America , we lost , why are you trying to make out that we have some influence , when we dont.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join