It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States is still a British Colony?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Ah but what about the District of Coumbia? Have you ever looked into why it is isn't a part of the US?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman

Originally posted by Hajduk
I would be really curious to know how many American Presidents, and in general, powerful/influencial people, can trace there family histories back to British nobility.

The answer is... probably all of them. Why David Icke and his gopher OpenSecret make this fact out to be something special I have no idea. Almost everyone in the US is related to Charlemagne, a very high proportion will be related to some historical figure in the British royal family.

www.compapp.dcu.ie...

Have you ever heard of the saying "Blood is thicker than water."

Have you ever heard of the term "Nepotism"

Please tell everyone here why many companies disallow Nepotism?
Why "Nepotism" became a term in the first place?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Originally posted by Nygdan
THe stuff posted by opensecret has nothing to do with treaty in the original post. If you wanted a discussion on corporations and the like, then why start by talking about the treaty?

Re-read what I posted in that post. I'm saying there's a much bigger, bigger, bigger, picture. The "British goverment" that made the treaty was being controlled by an even higher group. The same way right now the American goverment is controlled by a higher group - the "Skull & Bones secret society". Someone may say "Oh the Republicans and Democrats are opposed blah blah blah". But the people who look at the much bigger bigger bigger picture, see that the Republicans and Democrats arent opposed. Arent running their own parties. Arent the force behind whatever laws they pass, speeches they make. Same with the British goverment in colonial times. On a much higher level they werent the force behind the treaty, that accepted the treaty, that made their side of the treaty.

Does the Skull & Bones society still run the Republicans and Democrats? Does the same elite societies that ran Britian, and made America, still run Britian, still own America?

If you want to keep looking at the smaller picture your choice. I'm trying to steer everyone towards looking at limb of the tree that the branches come from. If you want to keep looking at the branches of the tree your choice.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Originally posted by Trinityman

Originally posted by Hajduk
I would be really curious to know how many American Presidents, and in general, powerful/influencial people, can trace there family histories back to British nobility.

The answer is... probably all of them. Why David Icke and his gopher OpenSecret make this fact out to be something special I have no idea. Almost everyone in the US is related to Charlemagne, a very high proportion will be related to some historical figure in the British royal family.

www.compapp.dcu.ie...

You are half-way right.. Its more like probably all of the Americans who are in power are related to Charlemagne. (Charles the Great).

In fact the majority (90% give or take) of all the ruling American families actually are directly related to William the Orange and a French noble.... I can't remember his name right now. In Europe it all comes back to William the Orange more than Charlemagne. If one goes further back, it comes to the Rothschilds. (Not even their true name heheh.) I would steer you and everyone further back, but then it starts getting into some crazy insane deep axx shxt.

Since your name calling, I get the feeling you havent read any of David Icke's books from cover to cover. You haven't investigated for yourself. Whats your excuse?

To everyone else, ya got nothing to lose. Like I said on page 1, all his books are free to read at any bookstore and they encourage the public to read any book for free. If you decide to buy em, buy em. The order I recommend is start first with "The Biggest Secret". Then next read "And the Truth Shall Set You Free". Any part that your belief system cant take, just skip over it. Go to the parts that intrest your belief system the most.

Icke touches on the exact subject of this thread (along with 100 or more other subjects.) About if Britian still owns the USA. If the USA is really a company or corporation, and not a country.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Originally posted by twitchy
Ah but what about the District of Coumbia? Have you ever looked into why it is isn't a part of the US?

Man your good! Keep it up!

[edit on 3-6-2005 by OpenSecret2012]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hmmmmmmm...............this explains much.

It explains why the British still call us "the Colonies". That explains why my fiancee insists on correcting my English. hmmmmmmmmmm................

Well then, if were still a colony, then what the hell do I need a friggin visa for????????????????????????? And why the hell do I get so much crap from their customs? Could someone please inform those friggin customs officals so I dont have to suffer so many indignities?

By the way, we did not lsoe the War of 1812. It was a truce. Basically, both sides got tired after a while. The british kicked our asses in more battles, but we had one the strategically important ones. So we were at a head. Jackson kicked their asses in New Orleans, and we took a heavy pounding but still stood at the Seige on Baltimore (which is where our national anthem comes from). They just kicked our asses in every other battles pretty much. Of course, we didnt have an army at the time, we had a joke of a militia. In comparison, the terrorists in Iraq were more organized and effective than our military at the start of 1812.

Poor JJ. The state of education, I swear! We had a different view of Jackson, as the President who threw a big ol party on the whitehouse lawn.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
opensecret, you lose all credibility with crap like this;

"((Hey all you Black Americans who live in Harlem, NYC"

harlem is an up and coming area, many townhouses go for over a million.

Im just dropping some extra knowlege. Harlem is commonly known as the center of Black American culture. Or at least one of its centers. Almost no Black American knows the true origins of Harlem.

And of course Harlem is an up and coming area. The Dutch founded it! It was their rich little enclave, back in the days when NYC was known as New Amsterdam and was the capital of the USA. Yeah oh yeah Harlem was part of the capital of the US of A.... for a while, until it got switched to Philly.

And.. if you ever go into Harlem today, europeans still own it.. Go into any of the "black American" stores, and go peek in the back room and you'll see a european guy sitting on a chair.

there have been just a few noteworthy events since 1606, wouldn't you agree ?

couldn't you argure the romans still own britain, so the US is a roman state ?

The Romans no longer exist. They don't own anything. Not even modern day Rome LOLOL! And Rome never invaded ALL of Britain. They built the "Great Wall of Britain" which is one of 3 great walls on the planet.

- Great Wall of China
- Great Wall in the southern area of the continent of Africa
- Great Wall of Britain goes across the entire British mainland.

They built it to keep out the Berserkers, who the Romans could never 100% defeat. There's many famous Berserker warriors, and even a female warrior, who're legendary. Its why their name survives today as an English word. So even when the Romans were around they never owned all of Britain. To own something ya gotta own all of it. Britain was never owned by the Romans.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenSecret2012

opensecret, you lose all credibility with crap like this;

"((Hey all you Black Americans who live in Harlem, NYC"

harlem is an up and coming area, many townhouses go for over a million.

Im just dropping some extra knowlege. Harlem is commonly known as the center of Black American culture. Or at least one of its centers. Almost no Black American knows the true origins of Harlem.

And of course Harlem is an up and coming area. The Dutch founded it! It was their rich little enclave, back in the days when NYC was known as New Amsterdam and was the capital of the USA. Yeah oh yeah Harlem was part of the capital of the US of A.... for a while, until it got switched to Philly.

And.. if you ever go into Harlem today, europeans still own it.. Go into any of the "black American" stores, and go peek in the back room and you'll see a european guy sitting on a chair.

there have been just a few noteworthy events since 1606, wouldn't you agree ?

couldn't you argure the romans still own britain, so the US is a roman state ?

The Romans no longer exist. They don't own anything. Not even modern day Rome LOLOL! And Rome never invaded ALL of Britain. They built the "Great Wall of Britain" which is one of 3 great walls on the planet.

- Great Wall of China
- Great Wall in the southern area of the continent of Africa
- Great Wall of Britain goes across the entire British mainland.

They built it to keep out the Berserkers, who the Romans could never 100% defeat. There's many famous Berserker warriors, and even a female warrior, who're legendary. Its why their name survives today as an English word. So even when the Romans were around they never owned all of Britain. To own something ya gotta own all of it. Britain was never owned by the Romans.

Dude, you need a serious history lesson. So Im gonna help you deny a little ignorance.

There is no "Great Wall of Britiain". What you refer to is Hadrians wall, which was built to keep out the Picts who lived in Scotland, not the Berserkers, who were Vikings and didnt show up until well after Rome fell. And it does not go across the British mainland, it runs along the English Scottish Border.

The Romans did not build the great wall of China, the Chinese did to keep out raving hordes of Mongols who at the time were kicking the # out of everything in their way.

If you go to Harlem, youre going to find many races. In case you havent heard, segregation ended, thus, white people and black people not only can live in the same neighborhoods, but they can shop from each other! How about that! Oh no! Europeans in backrooms of Harlem shops! Run for your lives! Right next door to shops with blacks sitting in the back rooms.

Or are you talking about white people descended from Europeans? Well, in that case, who cares? And Harlem is hardly the center of black culture in this country, there are far many other places that have a more solid claim to that. Ever been to Detroit? The south?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Skadi, Australians and New Zealanders etc. need Visas to enter the UK. And they are commonwealth countries. If your father was born in the UK then you are eligible for a British passport (citizen/subject). But just being a citizen of a colonial country is not enough to obtain citizenship of the UK too.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Skadi, Australians and New Zealanders etc. need Visas to enter the UK. And they are commonwealth countries. If your father was born in the UK then you are eligible for a British passport (citizen/subject). But just being a citizen of a colonial country is not enough to obtain citizenship of the UK too.

Cheers.

I dont want to be a citizen. Im simply going there to live till my husband to be finishes his affairs.

And from what everyone tells me, the commonwealth is all but dead really, only a name now.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The commonwealth is a relationship. Even after all the countries in the commonwealth become republics (this is inevitable) the relationship will remain.

You might not have much knowledge or interest in the Commonwealth games (2006 games are in Melbourne Australia). But that alone shows that the commonwealth is far from dead, or just a namesake. But rather a celebration of our historical links and contemporary friendships.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

The commonwealth is a relationship. Even after all the countries in the commonwealth become republics (this is inevitable) the relationship will remain.

You might not have much knowledge or interest in the Commonwealth games (2006 games are in Melbourne Australia). But that alone shows that the commonwealth is far from dead, or just a namesake. But rather a celebration of our historical links and contemporary friendships.

Yes, but what about economically? And politically?

And America is not part of this commonwealth. Thus, we are not a colony. That was the claim made at the beginning of the thread, one I find amusing. If the only recognized British colonies are part of the commonwealth, well, that excludes us, THUS.........

We are either an independant country, or someone else's colony.

I say answer number one seems correct.

Otherwise, im going to ebat those bastards at the embassy if they try and charge me the fee.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Yes, but what about economically? And politically?

And America is not part of this commonwealth. Thus, we are not a colony. That was the claim made at the beginning of the thread, one I find amusing. If the only recognized British colonies are part of the commonwealth, well, that excludes us, THUS.........

We are either an independant country, or someone else's colony.

I say answer number one seems correct.

Otherwise, im going to beat those bastards at the embassy if they try and charge me the fee.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
By the way.............

Cargo, Im not sure were on the same sheet of music. Do we mean the same thing as far as the word colony goes? Colony as in something owned as part of a territory of a mother country.

Last time I checked, Oz was independant since like 1910 or something like that, last century. Relatively recently at least. So technically, they are not a colony, as they are an independant country, correct? A former colony yes.

I believe the claim here is that the US is still British territory.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Just two comments... off topic ... openmind said go to any store in harlem and youll find a white guy in the back of the store.... have you ever been to harlem? because i have and quite frankly, the only white man in harlem is Bubba Clinton (the first black president
) You were certainly right about it being an epicenter of black culture though... to the woman who said it wasnt.... Harlem Reneissance (spelling) ?? It is the place where black culture lives in america.

Is america a colony? in the immortal words of al borelan (just as credible as david icke on most things) .... "i dont think so tim."

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Well this is a conspiracy forum, so I just take the thread to be an exploration of possibilities. Who is to say that any of our countries are truly independent? It might appear that way when we are all very much tied to a small power base of influential people. Yes I see I used the term colonial in one of my posts, I meant it in a general/vague way. Australia federated in 1901.

I was just basically explaining to you that even citizens of commonwealth countries need Visas. My father is a Scot so I am eligible for a British passport, so it doesn't really affect me.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Well this is a conspiracy forum, so I just take the thread to be an exploration of possibilities. Who is to say that any of our countries are truly independent? It might appear that way when we are all very much tied to a small power base of influential people. Yes I see I used the term colonial in one of my posts, I meant it in a general/vague way. Australia federated in 1901.

I was just basically explaining to you that even citizens of commonwealth countries need Visas. My father is a Scot so I am eligible for a British passport, so it doesn't really affect me.

Yes and my Visa comment was a joke. That wasn't the point.

I am also exploring the possibilities, and well........I'll out it to you like this.

If Britain still owns us, then Im sure they are wetting their pants with all the back taxes we owe them. What do you think would happen if they tried sending their armies over here to collect?

Nuff said.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
U. S is a British Colony ?

Hehehe I wish.

Though I think some ppl have missed a trick with this one.

Armies of occupation come and go as do dynastic heads of state but in a country that has had no grand ideological redistribution of wealth in it's history ownership can endure.

If the U.S were a company run by an American board of directors who would own the stock ? Who owns the treasurey ?

Though the UK has many fingers in many pies. China is buying up U.S.A plc.

[edit on 4-6-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
If Britain still owns us, then Im sure they are wetting their pants with all the back taxes we owe them. What do you think would happen if they tried sending their armies over here to collect?

Why would they bother? But more to the point, why think of Britain as owning the US? Why not go higher and suggest that both are owned by a small number of powerful individuals. US could be owned by proxy. Then we can start talking about 150,000 US troops being sent to Iraq compared to the UK's 12,000. And then we can ask ourselves about which country has been groomed and manipulated over the decades to bear the brunt of current and future conflicts for their hidden masters?

Taxes (or whatever) can be paid for by other means. Blood?

Conspiracy, Conspiracy, Conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
british north america act.look that up you will find alot of neat history info.lately the usage of who owns the right to the name america is very unsure.from history many colonies where sent from the king of england to claim land in the name of british rule.its funny united states of america would claim even today they are americans.they own america but this is not ture.there is canada and also south america.they are americians also.the fact is this is north america this is south america.can you imagine if britain went around saying we are europe.we own it.the world has be told for along time u.s are the only americans.when north america and south america are shared lands.untied states is the only claim you own.it would be better if you called yourshelf states people.from maps to history it shows the process of how words are changed for a false ownership.

[edit on 4-6-2005 by flukemol]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Cargo............thats a completely different aspect.

The question here is of offical ownership, of still being a colony and still controlled by the current British government.

Shadow governments and secret groups are a totally different thing, because if we are correct, national boundaries and nationality mean nothing to them, and thus, Britain, thus controlled by one, would itself be such a colony, and master of no one.

Different bird here, but you are correct, there is conspiracy afoot when we speak of puppet masters pulling strings.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Dude, you need a serious history lesson. So Im gonna help you deny a little ignorance.

There is no "Great Wall of Britiain". What you refer to is Hadrians wall, which was built to keep out the Picts who lived in Scotland, not the Berserkers, who were Vikings and didnt show up until well after Rome fell. And it does not go across the British mainland, it runs along the English Scottish Border.

"Scotland" and "Britain" are part of the exact same landmass:

Same landmass

It's like saying the USA and Canada arent part of the same mainland LOL! Yep different countries, but same landmass. When I say the mainland, thats what Im referring to in the litteral geographic definition of the word.

Ill say your right in pegging its currently known name. Im using the "slang" name. To many who dont live in Britain, its known as the Great Wall of Britain. And the wall goes across the entire landmass. From sea to sea:

Wall Across Britain

Even if ya wanna be technical, then the south side of the wall (the side facing the country of Britain, which is in Britain) does go across the entire British country. The entire British mainland.

The Romans did not build the great wall of China, the Chinese did to keep out raving hordes of Mongols who at the time were kicking the (flowers) out of everything in their way.

I never said Rome built the Great Wall of China. I was simply dropping more extra info. There's 3 great walls on our planet. I listed all 3. The most mysterious is actually the one in the southern area of Africa cuz its built exactly like the Pyramids in Egypt. Modern scientists refuse to publically say who buit it, when it was buit, why it was built, to even study it!

If you go to Harlem, youre going to find many races. In case you havent heard, segregation ended, thus, white people and black people not only can live in the same neighborhoods, but they can shop from each other! How about that! Oh no! Europeans in backrooms of Harlem shops! Run for your lives! Right next door to shops with blacks sitting in the back rooms.

I'm talking about ownership. Black Americans never ever never ever owned Harlem. And to this present day, they still don't own it. Wanna see something cool? Go rent the last movie about Buddy Holly. "The Buddy Holly Story" (1978)

More Proof Black Americans never ever never owned anything in Harlem

My favorite scene is when Buddy Holly and his band go to Harlem during the Harlem Renn and play at the Apollo Theater. Guess who's the owner of the Apollo Theater? The epitimy, cultural centerpiece, mecca, of Black American cuture?

Whoever has OWNERSHIP is the one who runs the show. In fact, its a perfect metaphor for the subject of this thread LOL! Black Americans think Harlem is a Black American area. That its owned, and run by Black Americans. It never was, and isnt right now. Americans think the USA is run by Americans, and right now is owned by Americans. It never was, and isnt right now.

Here allow me:

- One of the Rothschilds once said "Give me control of a country's currentcy, and I could care less about their laws." Meaning whoever has ownership runs the show. It doesnt matter what goverment, president, is in power, or what the people think.

- Who prints the USA currentcy? The American goverment? Nope. The Federal Reserve? Yes. Who owns the Federal Reserve? The goverment? Nope. The real owners put the word "federal" in the name to help with the smokescreen. The Federal Reserve is a privately owned, privately run, bank.

Private individuales own the Federal Reserve, and run it. These same elite have direct bloodlines to the elite in Britain. In other words, same family. So yep it can be said Britain owns the USA. But its more accurate to say the elite who own and run Britain also own and run America. 1 family owns and runs both countries. The same family who was part of "a group of entrepeneurs granted a charter by King of England" back when America was founded.

Or are you talking about white people descended from Europeans? Well, in that case, who cares? And Harlem is hardly the center of black culture in this country, there are far many other places that have a more solid claim to that. Ever been to Detroit? The south?

Im not taking about "blacks" and "whites". We all need better termenology. Im talking about ownership. Not hating people. Not disliking others cuz of where theyre from, or how they look. Ok Ill try to get to the source. Nubian-Americans and European-Americans. Go to Chinatown, and the Chinese own their own stores, and land. Go into NYC to Koreatown and the Koreans own their own stores and land. Go into Harlem in NYC, and nope the Nubian-Americans dont own their own land and stores. (check out that scene in the Apollo Theater in the movie "Buddy Holly Story".) Go into Little Italy, and the Italian-Americans own their own land and stores. Go into Hells Kitchen, and the Irish-Americans (ones left. Yuppies 'r taking over LOL!) own their own land and stores.

Staten Island, before Guliani was mayor, almost ceeded from the rest of NYC. Why were they able to even attempt this? Cuz the European-Americans who live there own their own land, and stores. The Spanish-Americans and Hispanic-Americans (What is the difference between 'spanish' and 'hispanic' anyway? LOL!) own their own land and stores. They even gave the middle finger to the Goverment and as a result the Goverment allowed only the Spanish-Americans to cut their taxes in half!

Lets look at the bigger picture... America. Who owns America? Is it who Americans commonly think and believe? Or is it non-Americans? Or is it an elite family who has no allegiance to any country on the planet? Whoever owns America, runs the show.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
cargo says:

Well this is a conspiracy forum, so I just take the thread to be an exploration of possibilities.

Cargo, you're right; but that brings up in my mind a comment.

First, although we aren't going to go to jail (or gaol for my UK colleagues) for posting things that are obviously wrong, we are supposed to be denying ignorance here, and this thread perpetuates more ignorance than it denies.

The initial assertion, about the US being a British colony, was resoundingly destroyed when our esteemed colleague Trinityman did (as far as I can see) the only research on this thread and provided us with an annotated Treaty of Paris which squashed that idea immediately. And, of course, Junglejake's, Nygdan's, Longbow's, and others' comments provide some excellent supplementary points to the argument.

But look at some of the other assertions! One poster says:

Britian wasnt run by the British goverment. It was run by the elite. Who ran the major companies, and corporations. So the question is... is America still run by the same companies that founded it?

Where does that come from? Up until the ninetheenth century, the British Government was the elite (I suggest you google "rotten boroughs" sometime). And where do you get the idea that there were major companies which founded it? Are you saying that the Founding Fathers were all on the Board of Directors of the Hudson's Bay Company?

Another poster says:

I think it might be more concise to simply say that USA Inc. is a British corporation.

Do you have any evidence at all for such a truly astounding assertion?

Yet another:

What? It's part of Bosnia-Herzegovina?

Several different cities served as the national capital until the late 1700s. Congress then wished the nation's capital to be permanent, but couldn't agree on which state would host the capital. In 1790, Alexander Hamilton proposed a solution that established the new permanent capital on federal land rather than in a state. President George Washington, raised in the Potomac area, was chosen to pick the site. Both Maryland and Virginia gave up land along the Potomac River that became the District of Columbia, established in 1791, but the Feds ceded the part across the Potomac back to Virginia sometime in the middle of the 19th century.

If the poster is familiar with the United States Constitution, I suggest he/she review Article 1 Section 8, Clause 17 of that document, which actually authorizes Congress to do exactly that.

I don't want to come across as a whiny old schoolmaster complaining about ignorance, but dang it, we're supposed to deny ignorance here! Why is Trinityman the only one on this thread to actually take a few minutes to do real research?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join