It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horowitz: Marxism Dominates the Left Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Well for the most part I would agree, but then there is Zell Miller so not all are that way, plus there are a few Republicans that would also meet this critera.

Communism is alive and well, says "The End of Time" author David Horowitz.

And he should know. The son of Communist parents and a former Communist himself, he has crusaded against the Marxist left on college campuses and written books exposing the influence of the left on America's political culture.

In an exclusive interview with NewsMax.com, Horowitz spoke about his new book and the Marxist domination of today's Democratic party.

In his book, Horowitz writes about his views on life and death, and explains his belief in the destructive nature of Utopia-driven ideologies, noting: "The desire for more than is possible is the cause of greater human misery than any other."

He places Communism in that category, and recalls how his father devoted his life in the pursuit of "more than is possible." Horowitz explains how since leaving the party he has devoted his life to fighting Marxism in all its forms, not as a conservative ideologue, but as a seeker after truth and the meaning of life.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Have you heard of the Earth Charter? It is an attempt to get into schools and teach what almost ammounts to Gaia worship and global communism. The charter states that nations with money must give the difference to nations without to make all nations equal which, in their opinion, would bring peace to the world.

The truely scary thing: this is being taught already in 12,000 US elementary schools. I'm actually working on a post addressing the religious implications of this, but the political ones are also pretty apparent. Our kids are being taught in our schools that communism is the only way to peace. Ol' Gorby was one of the primary authors of the charter, too. Kinda makes me wonder if the cold war is really over, or did it just get quite a bit colder.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
It would not surprise me in the slightest,

heck Gaia worship is common and once a hymnal with Gaia worship songs was found in a Lutheran seminary in Oregon a few years back.

The Missouri Synod immediately withdrew it and hushed it up.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Question, is it being taught as say a historical document or as something we should be going after? I don't feel like reading the link and I'm tired...

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
Question, is it being taught as say a historical document or as something we should be going after? I don't feel like reading the link and I'm tired...

It's teaching that it is something we should strive for. History I wouldn't have a problem with. I would actually really encourage schools to have at some point in time the kiddos read A People's History Of The United States, it really throws a different perspective on history for em. Heck, I'd encourage everyone to read it. Of course, that shouldn't be the only book used, and it shouldn't be a primary focus of History throughout school, but maybe for junior or seniors to get to read it.

Of course, if we did that, the schools would also have to hang PC up on the wall for it. If they didn't, it would be more indoctrination, as students wouldn't be able to argue or question the author's point of view. ...Hmm...I guess maybe America isn't ready for that yet.

new topics

top topics

join